Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~90mm skis for light small skier, smth like Scott Crusade but smaller

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, this is my first post. I've spent some nights reading different threads from SH, and I must say, I really like it here Very Happy I'm from Ukraine and we also like to ski here. So may I please also ask for your advice?

I've started to ski about 10 years ago, skied ~20 days in 2 years, then migrated to snowboard for another 8 years and then - voila - I'm back to skiing again (and I like it abnormally))). I don't have my own skis this season, I've tried different rental skis (not so much really), and what I really liked was pair of Scott Crusades 169cm. Here I must say that I'm 163cm (5'4"), 45kg (~100lbs) so they were a bit over-sized and I couldn't carve well on them, but I really liked that they were absolutely stable on hard/mixed snow/ice and I liked that they could go straight like I'm on the rails (later I've read that that's some Scott technology with 2 different radius on nose & on tail of the ski + straight, not curved part of the ski which is underneath your boot) - and that's something I don't like very much on short-radius skis - that they tend to start turning when given even a smallest chance.

It's a pity that Crusades are minimum 159cm, and I'm afraid it'll still be too much for me (can't really find a pair to try). Could you please advice smth of the kind? Like for intermediate - advanced (I should look ahead rolling eyes) girl skier (color scheme is not really important Laughing) with may be 30% piste, 70% off piste (incl. forest, hard snow, powder)? Or may be that's a chance that 159 will be ok... I could get on 169, so on 159 it should be 10cm easier Laughing

Thank you in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at the Fischer Koa 88 TI. Stable, but light, very easy skiing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tania, Welcome to snow heads.

yep Koa 88 would be a really good fit..
Maybe Atomic Elsyian Vantage.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As a Blizzard Bonafide skier, i immediately thought of the Blizzard Black Pearl - http://www.skinet.com/ski/gear/blizzard-black-pearl-2014

152 or 159 long, 88 wide.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Tania, Welcome to Snowheads.

I am a near identical height and weight to yourself and love my Nordica Wild Belles. I did ski the Blizzard Black Pearls and liked the sound of the reviews but much preferred the Wild Belles maybe worth a look. I find them effortless when carving.

@mishmash, my husband is a Blizzard Bonafide skier and loves them. He's lusting after the new graphics on this seasons model rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy