Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apt rental wanted for next week! - close to 2000m+ skiing (Val T/ Tignes?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're in the French Alps next week - Sat 28 to Wed 4. We were going to stay at our own apt but the skiing around there is all sub 2000m and is not going to be good in next week's heavy rain.

Anybody got any last-minute availability for 5 adults in a high resort (e.g. Val T, Tignes) for next week?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try looking on the tignes.co.uk and tignes.net websites they seem to advertise last min deals on owners apartments
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AntonAusTirol, just be aware it's still French holidays so may not be low priced
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed here when we did a late switch at Christmas.

http://www.odalys-vacation-rental.com/mountain-holidays-france/northern-alps-savoie/tignes/le-hameau-du-borsat.html?tab=2&date=28/02/2015#tabs

As then they have availability and prices are reduced.

Check in was a nightmare, apartments not always cleaned properly and a bit tired. However, if you can survive that the location is good and it does the job without breaking the bank.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AntonAusTirol, what heavy rain?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
from Chamonix Meteo, "...

Monday : new disturbance crossing over the area, possibly going along with a noticeable thaw ‑ very uncertain.
Tuesday : possibly improving ‑ sunny spells in the afternoon ‑ very uncertain. Strong wind high up during the three days, mainly west‑northwest.

Forecast reliability : fairly good until Saturday (i.e. the 28th); poor thereafter."

And Meteo Blue says, www.meteoblue.com/en/france/weather-chamonix-mont-blanc/14-days - not that there's any reliability more than a few days out anyway.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@AntonAusTirol, what heavy rain?

I agree that drastic measures will likely be unnecessary.

Tomorrow's snow will be down below a 700m freeze level in Haute Savoie, Monday's freeze level looks to be a bit higher at 1200-1300m, so may rain or sleet and cause a partial thaw in some lower resorts but once snow gets going it often tends to drop the temp and freeze level...this forecast is still very uncertain too.

You would have thought that the OP should be OK for tree-line skiing between 1400-1900m early next week...High-altitude resorts like Tignes will be whiteout and unskiable if the snow comes down heavily with no trees to guide you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't opt for tignes next week - heavy snow and high winds, chilly, if I had my own cosy little place.

Come to think of it, I have got my own cosy little place though I have French friends who live along the corridor borrowing it next week. The highest pluie/neige being forecast by Meteo France is 1300m, and lower most days. Looks a good week to be skiing 1500/2000m.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy