Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgent Ski Boot Problem - Bootfitters, Can you help?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wonder if anyone can help please?!

We're out in Vorarlberg, Austria at the moment and staying in a very remote place with no ski shop infrastructure. My wife has a problem with one of her ski boots, and we can't get it looked at until Saturday when we get to St Anton and visit Jennewein who I'm sure will be able to sort it (or sell us some new ones!).

The boots are 3 year old Garmont Azula 110mm flex Freeride boots (since bought out by Scott I believe). The issue is that the right boot won't click into "ski" mode and she's saying she's having to ski in "walk" mode, it definitely isn't clicking like the left boot.....any ideas if there's anything I can do to see what's going on?

Also if the "inevitable" happens and we need to buy her some new boots, any recommendations for a replacement Freeride boot? No time or facilities to research properly whilst away.....She has a narrow slender foot shape and is quite an aggresive skier, using a Marker F10 touring binding. We'd likely have access to all makes in St Anton but could do with some ideas/ advice what to be looking at.....

All help welcomed!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Leave both boots in walk mode, it's a great opportunity to work on technique.
Hope you sort it and have fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking at pictures of the boot, it appears to have a metal rod/plate that is then locked/clamped by the walk mode switch. If you cannot see any external mechanical issues, or internal,by removing the liner, an you cannot see anything stuck in the mechanism (grit, stones etc), then you may have to bodge a temp repair. If you access to any zip ties, you could wrap as many a possible to the exposed metal plate, to prevent it moving as freely.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replies, no obvious visible issues, trip to Jennewein on the horizon!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy