Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for BASI L1 & L2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't see any opportunity to test. I have a pair of Fischer Motive 86s so don't need something to fat underfoot hence the attraction of the Magnums.

The attraction of something a bit slalomly is that they may be useful for working with my son who has just started doing some race training. I've never raced myself so he won't look to me for technique but I'd like to use something for doing the poles. In fact, he might be teaching me a few things in the coming years! I told him a couple of days ago that he has had more lessons/coaching in 28 months than I have had in 38 years! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kitenski, so does that imply that the Magnum is stiffer than the Titan ? Just want to know as I am asked to recommend skis and I haven't been on the latest versions (I ski on iSpeeds when teaching)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimottaret, your guess is as good as mine I'm afraid, it does look like they have changed the magnum to be more piste based and the Titan to be "slightly" more all rounderish...but that is conjecture based on reading their website.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, okay I read your previous comment as you thought the titans were stiffer. I always thought the Magnums were the stiffest of the bunch....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimottaret, I'm sure years ago (when I bought my Titans) that the Magnums were not as stiff, then they changed it maybe 3/4 years ago??? Could be my fading memory though Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would have thought something that goes faster and only groomed would be stiffer.

My titans will easily bend when I put enough pressure on them, I just need to do it at the right time apparently... so my instructor said, I don't believe him, I'm sure he makes this stuff up, like back seat skiing Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've taken the plunge and bought the Magnums. They are due to arrive tomorrow so I should get a chance to try them out at the Braehead freezer on Friday night. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gra wrote:
@SkiPresto, check out their blog , they recommend the Nordica spitfire ti for men (r=15.5m) and atomic cloud 11 for women, for BASI L1/2.

Yes - Here it is. Some good points here :- Which is the best ski for your BASI Level 1 and 2
Quote:
The skis that we have decided on are the Atomic Cloud 11 ladies ski and the Nordica Doberman Spitfire Ti for Men

D.C.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SkiPresto wrote:
gra wrote:
@SkiPresto, ............ the Nordica Doberman Spitfire Ti for Men

D.C.

Wonderfully balanced piste ski. Makes you ski "in position".
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SkiPresto, I forgot to metion that I have a "Brand New In Plastic" Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Ti with bindings length 178 cms - possibly for sale at the right price! Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimastaaah, What's the "right price"?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ALQ, the graphics are the 2013 "Italian flag" colours, but essentially the same ski as the 2014 (white) and 2015 (blue) versions.

£250 delivered, or £225 if you can pick up from Harrogate or Ilkley.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@SkiPresto, Dobermann Spitfire Pro.... with the better Vist 412 (Nordica 2S Pro badged) ..........£99. Absolute bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKIS-CARVING-RACE-NORDICA-DOBERMANN-SPITFIRE-PRO-178cm-TOP-SKIS-/291551047641?hash=item43e1cbefd9

Admin please note the ebay link is for information. I have nothing to do with the listing, it's just a heads-up for someone looking for this particular ski in very decent condition and at a very decent price.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy