Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI EGM and Board Nominations

Poster: A snowHead
Voting now open - vote for @rob@rar placed and congratulations to @abd,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some more details about me, my reasons for standing and why I believe my experience makes me suitable for the role, here: www.facebook.com/AndyBrookDobsonBASIMO
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@abd, have you not already won ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skimottaret, I'm wanting to bring the membership along with me and want me in the role with them having the knowledge of who I am, my skills, background, experience etc, rather than smugly sitting here and saying "you're now stuck with me because nobody else could be bothered to put themselves forward".

My thinking is that if I can get buy in from all camps in the organisation then I will have a much greater chance of winning member's trust, confidence and therefore increase the chances of delivering my vision of helping heal the rifts and create some harmony.

I might be overly simplistic and naive, however I believe in visions, high reaching goals and striving hard to achieve them with a positive attitude.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@abd,
Refreshing to hear those comments from you. If the membership of BASI do not respect that, then I think they would not be able to respect anyone. So congrats on winning and good luck with the task ahead.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@abd, Are there really rifts or is it just the same few people with personal issues making a lot of noise on social media? I hear some members complain because they blame BASI because they are not good enough to reach the levels but most I know recognise reality and are generally happy with basi. There will always be people with different agendas and personal issues. Good on you for volunteering and good luck,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TTT, 'recognise the reality'. Which reality is that then?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do you get an email or anything confirming your vote?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski wrote:
Do you get an email or anything confirming your vote?

I didn't

Well done Andy
Good luck all nominees
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
To the candidates:

I won't bang on for more than a few sentences right now and - yes - I know this subject's been debated to death, but do believe (as a lapsed BASI member) that members of the BASI demo team at the forthcoming Interski (Ushuaia, Argentina, 5-12 September 2015) should only wear helmets if they genuinely believe in helmets and find that helmets assist in their work of communication and demonstration. The picture was very clear in 2009 ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152836425340761&set=gm.1513614292258671&type=1&theater

... but something seems to have corrupted the situation since then ...

1. Will individual members of the BASI Interski team have any 'right' to ski without a helmet?

2. Is the whole thing cut and dried with a commercial sponsorship deal from a helmet brand?

3. Is a 'team decision' on this allowed to go either way?

Please look at the comments below that SKI.HUB posting. And I know that BASI has many things on its plate right now. Maybe this is symptomatic of many others, which seem to have an awful lot to do with money, money-making and materialism (rather than keeping skiing and ski instruction real to people's aspirations at a grass-roots level, whether they're rich or poor).

Thank you.

David Goldsmith
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@AndAnotherThing.., reality in terms of performance and employment opportunities at each level.

@kitenski, I got email that voting open with link and message on website that vote registered
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BASI members I know only a very few have anything more than a passing interest in employment situation and are absolute fine as things are, SB just a curiosity and no interest in helmet debate. They just want to ski.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Guys & Galls, you might have noticed that there has been some "cock ups" re the voting for the non-contested positions. Therefore could you please all go in and vote for me.

You have to go to the bottom of this page: http://www.basi.org.uk/content/member-voting-25-april-2015-marketing--ombudsman.aspx, log in, and then its not very clear, there are 2 tabs, the 1st and which you automatically go into is for the Marketing Director, you need to make your selection on this position and then click on the 2nd tab (at the top) and also make your selection for Members Ombudsman.

Thanks

Andy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done. I hope all you need is one Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Karl Marx wrote:
To the candidates:

I won't bang on for more than a few sentences right now and - yes - I know this subject's been debated to death, but do believe (as a lapsed BASI member) that members of the BASI demo team at the forthcoming Interski (Ushuaia, Argentina, 5-12 September 2015) should only wear helmets if they genuinely believe in helmets and find that helmets assist in their work of communication and demonstration. The picture was very clear in 2009 ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152836425340761&set=gm.1513614292258671&type=1&theater

... but something seems to have corrupted the situation since then ...

1. Will individual members of the BASI Interski team have any 'right' to ski without a helmet?

2. Is the whole thing cut and dried with a commercial sponsorship deal from a helmet brand?

3. Is a 'team decision' on this allowed to go either way?

Please look at the comments below that SKI.HUB posting. And I know that BASI has many things on its plate right now. Maybe this is symptomatic of many others, which seem to have an awful lot to do with money, money-making and materialism (rather than keeping skiing and ski instruction real to people's aspirations at a grass-roots level, whether they're rich or poor).

Thank you.

David Goldsmith

You are not a BASI member, you have no voice in BASI, your personal opinions mean nothing to BASI, keep your obsessive helmet debate outside of BASI please. (note to myself , big mistake even engaging on this subject)
ski holidays
@skimottaret, I share your pain - I joined in the debate on another thread against my better judgement. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Cheers @skimottaret, I guess it only takes a few to vote no to negate a few yes'; I'd like to get a slightly bigger endorsement than that!
snow report
@abd, What happens if you get more 'No' votes than 'Yes' votes Puzzled
snow report
@stewart woodward, I presume I'm not elected!
snow report
abd wrote:
@stewart woodward, I presume I'm not elected!

Better vote 'Yes' then Very Happy
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, that would be very kind and much appreciated!
snow conditions
abd wrote:
@stewart woodward, that would be very kind and much appreciated!

I wish you all the best.
ski holidays
@abd, What's the closing date ?
snow conditions
I find it quite bizarre that there is a voting option to abstain, after all if you use that option you haven't really abstained.
ski holidays
@abd, done.

@AndAnotherThing.., the closing date is 5pm, Thursday 23 April.
snow report
@abd, done
snow report
does anyone know the chap going for the marketing job? I find it strange that his "blurb" mentions nothing about his marketing experience nor what he wishes to do to improve BASI marketing!!

@abd, voted
snow conditions
Sorry, seemed not to have received updates to this page. Thank you all for voting.

It's a good question @kitenski, I don't know tbh. There seems to be a lot of this sort of odd positioning / justification for suitability without clear evidence!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
corr! what a polava.... all done, spose it's easier than travelling to Granton on Spey or wherever Laughing
Bon chance Andy
snow report
@franzClammer, Yes, a PITA.

All done.
ski holidays
any results in yet?
latest report
Yes, in the vote for Alpine Director Craig Robinson was elected, Wayne Naylor 2nd, Rob Rees (me) 3rd, Andi McCann 4th.
snow report
Ngghhhh, you and Andi behind Wayneo. That must hurt. Sad
snow report
@rob@rar, commiserations Sad

Congratulations to Craig (who is sometimes on here I think!) and all the best with it!
snow conditions
@Hurtle, an expected result. Part of a process of getting a higher profile.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Yes, in the vote for Alpine Director Craig Robinson was elected, Wayne Naylor 2nd, Rob Rees (me) 3rd, Andi McCann 4th.

Rob; do you know the actual votes cast per candidate?
snow report
Wayne posted it on FB 52 Andi McCann 75 Rob rees 93 Me 160 C Robinson
snow report
(whispers) so is it who you know (and who knows you) that is important rather than what you are standing for??
ski holidays
@kitenski, I think it's a reflection on the membership who voted. For a start less than 400 members voted Shocked
ski holidays
@sarah, best turnout in a long time!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy