Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Rant

Poster: A snowHead
Pirate42 wrote:
Whats heelside ?

If you stand up it is a bit difficult to see in the direction your heels are facing, same for a boarder stood on their board.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For the record those of you who said I should have challenged him I did actually say to him "I hope you are not meaning all snowboarders, Many are very good and are aware of what is around them". I can't remember what his response was but he continued with the attitude of "I hate boarders, they are all very dangerous."

@under a new name, Why bother with this? I find discussions like this interesting to see how others see things. Also it keeps me looking busy at work LOL Blush

@Richard_Sideways, Great comment.

@scooby_simon, It's all good, Had my pants on way too tight yesterday
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @stevomcd, that's clear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chrisrawles, Who gives a chuff. Would you give a bollox if a football coach said "Team A are amazing, Team B are idiots"?

Get over it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not all snowboarders are. They do have to understand the turning techniques used by Snowboarders are completely different to a skier and each adjust accordingly. But there are some very fast direction changes made on a snowboard that are not always very predictable. It is generally the bored very good ones that are "having fun" doing hard stuff and often I find it tricky to make sure I am missing them in a small, often crowded, fridge.

But to be fair you did not see what caused him to make the comment and he could have just been dusting off a very nervous skier who had been taken out by an idiot.

You really have to say something at the time, i.e. in context so it can be sorted, or try and forget it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Nadenoodlee, Chill. I'm over it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chrisrawles, I'm just trolling Little Angel but not in a nasty way snowHead

But I can imagine scenarios where I'm glad I don't work for Scooby Simon

SS, (To the assembled gnarly fridge crü), "Who was rude about snowboarders on Sunday afternoon"

UANN, for it was he, notwithstanding his "Golden Boy" reputation with lady pupils of a certain age, "Me. They're *censored by SHs*. Suck it up"

SS, "You're fired"

UANN, "I'm taking my cougars with me", (wins this round).

((UANN, in a fit of pique and EPIC WIN goes on to form and manage the spectacular "Cirque des Koogars Intermediate Flying Snow Circus feat. Pussies Galore". Astonishing quantities of emoluments ensue. ))

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 23-02-15 17:33; edited 5 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tbc
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pussies. Galore.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess this argument has raged since the start of boarding. In the 80s skiing was hard to learn so expensive and, therefore, dare I say, elitist. Boarding was easier to pick up and opened up the mountains to younger, working class kids from the Parisian suburbs. Rap and dance music started blasting out from mountain bars and suddenly the mountains were no longer the sole domain of the elite, who could escape urban culture, clothes and music in peaceful alpine pastures. Kids were jumping over rails to push in lift queues, graffiti appeared and herds of boarders congregated at the sides of runs in the sun with all the perceived stereotypical menace that comes with a 'gang' of youths. The young boarders didn't like the way traditional set looked down their noses at them so evolved their own counter culture complete with baggy trousers, pull over ski jackets and distinctive board graphics.

Fat skis with tips both ends have changed all that and now skiers are just as rad and stoked. The divide no longer exists. except for one dark corner of Hemel....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I guess this argument has raged since the start of boarding. In the 80s skiing was hard to learn so expensive and, therefore, dare I say, elitist. Boarding was easier to pick up and opened up the mountains to younger, working class kids from the Parisian suburbs. Rap and dance music started blasting out from mountain bars and suddenly the mountains were no longer the sole domain of the elite, who could escape urban culture, clothes and music in peaceful alpine pastures. Kids were jumping over rails to push in lift queues, graffiti appeared and herds of boarders congregated at the sides of runs in the sun with all the perceived stereotypical menace that comes with a 'gang' of youths. The young boarders didn't like the way traditional set looked down their noses at them so evolved their own counter culture complete with baggy trousers, pull over ski jackets and distinctive board graphics.

Fat skis with tips both ends have changed all that and now skiers are just as rad and stoked. The divide no longer exists. except for one dark corner of Hemel....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@cameronphillips2000, I fear you are not taking this seriously enough.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, I fear you are not taking this seriously enough.

sorry. There ahould be a foetal gentic boarder test to eliminate the problem before birth...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The snowboarders at hemel aren't all bad, I once saw one pick up my daughter and help her on her way again, we were truly shocked, we didn't know they knew how to stop and help someone, usually they just hit you, knock you over and keep going Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snow report
Shaun Ryder was once asked what his favourite hobby was and he said "snow boarding". I'm not convinced he sliding down hills though.
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:
The heelside blindspot is such a non-issue. If you're on my heelside and i'm overtaking you, then i'll have already spotted you before you go into the blind spot - if you're overtaking me on the heelside, then you'll have spotted me and if you are even vaguely competent wouldn't be overtaking in such close proximity as to cause an issue if I start a heelside turn.

Surely the whole 'problem with snowboarders...' debate is over. The only real problem is that some snowboarders are dicks, in roughly the same percentage that some skiers are dicks, and that people in the world generally are dicks - and if you can work out how to solve that problem, then bottle it and make billions.

This should have ended this ridiculous thread. Man speaks sense.
snow report
@Minion1980, no. Kittens.
snow report
Minion1980 wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
The heelside blindspot is such a non-issue. If you're on my heelside and i'm overtaking you, then i'll have already spotted you before you go into the blind spot - if you're overtaking me on the heelside, then you'll have spotted me and if you are even vaguely competent wouldn't be overtaking in such close proximity as to cause an issue if I start a heelside turn.

Surely the whole 'problem with snowboarders...' debate is over. The only real problem is that some snowboarders are dicks, in roughly the same percentage that some skiers are dicks, and that people in the world generally are dicks - and if you can work out how to solve that problem, then bottle it and make billions.

This should have ended this ridiculous thread. Man speaks sense.

This post makes assumptions. I suggest a small survey to give us firm conclusion.

are you:

A skier

B Snowboarder

Are you:

i Not at all a dick
ii Bit of a dick but usually requires alcohol
iii a dick
iv Complete bell end

I am A ii
snow report
@cameronphillips2000, I am. ii (b) - prefers with alcohol Happy
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
@stevomcd, are you an owl ? my neck doesn't seem to swivel all the way round wink

Joking aside, I do try to educate skiers that boarders have a bit of a blind spot and they can't always see you so the skier should give em more room when skiing near a boarders heelside... You would be surprised at how many don't know this and then say "ahh fair dues"

Funnily enough it was only when you pointed that out to me on the lift in VT that I thought 'makes sense'

Previously I'd probably spent some 15 weeks or so boarding

Embarassed
snow report
Well being a Snowboarder defaults one to iv right?

So... B iv
snow conditions
@bertie bassett, Laughing
snow report
I am i through iv wink

After all I would not want anyone to think I was singling any one particular group out Toofy Grin
snow report
Little Martin wrote:
The snowboarders at hemel aren't all bad, I once saw one pick up my daughter and help her on her way again, we were truly shocked, we didn't know they knew how to stop and help someone, usually they just hit you, knock you over and keep going Wink

How old was your daughter... Embarassed
ski holidays
@chrisrawles, honestly I would have grown a sack and not cried about it Happy

Seriously, there has been daft comments between boarders and skiers since time began. Some are a little more colourful than others, but 99% of them are done in jest. The reality is Skiers are jealous of boarders 'cus they are in general more cool and tend to get the ladies. Boarders are jealous of skiers because we fly past them on the flats and dont have to fanny around with bindings.

I take the micky out of boarders all the time and expect the same back, however in reality we all get on great and have a good laugh.

The same can be said for park rats vs racers

Now, if your talking about women on a mountain, now they are just a liability........ Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:
@chrisrawles, Now, if your talking about women on a mountain, now they are just a liability.
Yes but if you actually want to get laid you have to let women on the mountain.
snow conditions
@Zero_G, This is true i guess rolling eyes Unless of course your married in which case my birthday is in october, and given I have sod all chance the rest of the year, I do the responsible and safe thing and leave her at home Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PaulC1984 wrote:
This is true i guess rolling eyes Unless of course your married in which case my birthday is in october, and given I have sod all chance the rest of the year, I do the responsible and safe thing and leave her at home Toofy Grin

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Zero_G wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:
This is true i guess rolling eyes Unless of course your married in which case my birthday is in october, and given I have sod all chance the rest of the year, I do the responsible and safe thing and leave her at home Toofy Grin

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit. Toofy Grin

Toofy Grin I have a 2yo with a cough and cold keeping me from my beauty sleep, good grammar shall not be occurring Razz
ski holidays
Quote:

The snowboarders at hemel aren't all bad, I once saw one pick up my daughter

Well some young girls are very impressionable.
latest report
Unprofessional but yes, you are being OTT. If this sets you off, have you ever experienced an Italian lift queue?
ski holidays
@polc1410, 5... despite her age as a skier she always stops to help people up despite her size Wink

She has expressed an interest in snowboarding but are doing are best to keep her away, and I don't know how I would cope telling people she was snowboarder, I am not sure it's the right thing to do in polite conversation, I would have to lie... Very Happy
ski holidays
Little Martin wrote:
@polc1410, 5... despite her age as a skier she always stops to help people up despite her size Wink

She has expressed an interest in snowboarding but are doing are best to keep her away, and I don't know how I would cope telling people she was snowboarder, I am not sure it's the right thing to do in polite conversation, I would have to lie... Very Happy

ROFL
OK I assumed that she was teens and they were 'flirting' but I'm gonna assume instead there was a girl watching and they were trying really hard to pull by looking cool and saving the life if a little girl.

There is always girls involved wink
ski holidays
@Little Martin, HA YOU FOOL! YOU FOOLISH FOOL! The more you suppress the child, the quicker you drive her towards the glory of the One True Edge. Toofy Grin

...Actually 5-6 is the ideal time to learn to snowboard. Ignore anyone who says "Children cannot snowboard, blah blah necessary core strength blah " they're wrong. Mine first tried snowboarding at the ages 2 and 3 and got on fine and are itching to do more.
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, Rich does have a point here. There was a little lad who used to board at chillfactore and his board was the size of a skateboard deck - he was ace!
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, I'm sure she'd cope, that's my issue Wink

She had a go at the ski & snowboard snow burton riglet course, it started off "I don't want to snowboard" with tears, as we got to the show, by the time we'd left she'd had about 5 go's on it, couldn't get enough of it, and that was just dragged around on one over a few small obstacles.
snow report
Yeah Riglets is cool. Consider the following - As Dad, AKA Packmule, you'll have so much less to carry around if she snowboards - no skis trying to separate themselves, no poles, no kit yard sales when she falls over, no troublesome bindings to have to clear of snow and ice, and snowboards are just so light... think how easy life becomes... Seductive, the dark side is...
ski holidays
Haha! @Richard_Sideways, but i just don't like pretending that i'm a door just waiting to close, well thats what it felt like after one day of the dark side. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I thought whoever was uphill had to consider the downhill person, whether on skis or a snowboard? There are no excuses for an uphill boarder anticipating the traffic below him/her. Stupid people all over the slopes, regardless of board/ski/those awful skidoos. My main gripe with boarders is the common lack of skill whilst dismounting a chair lift and fractured my scaphoid as a result of being wiped out by one last month who took everyone on the lift out. Apart from that, there are just as many idiots on skis bombing down slopes out of control. Everyone's allowed to say what they think, regardless of how it's taken. Anyway, don't a lot of boarders refer to skiers as 'pricks with sticks'? wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy