Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Heading to Montgenevre soon & I'm a bit confused about the lift passes.

Hoping to get a full Milky Way pass for 6 days, including Sestriere, Sauze d'Oulx etc.

On the Montgenevre website that's the 400km Via Lactea pass at €240, yes?

The confusion is caused by their cheaper 'Monts de la Lune' pass, at €208, which allows a free half day on transfer day, but also by the fact our tour operator sell a pass called Galaxie, which is also mentioned on the Montgenevre website, and has free days in other French resorts, but is not referenced anywhere so I don't know how much it costs.

That would mean our tour operator don't sell the full area pass, which seems a bit strange to me.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK ....

The Milky Way pass gives you Monty, Claviere, Cesana, Sansicario, Sauze, Sestriere. It in cludes Grancde Galaxie, which allows you one day each in Puy St Vincent, Serre Che, 2Alpes and Alpe d'Huez.

The Monts de Lune is pretty much just Montgenevre and Claviere. Might go as far as Cesana, can't remember.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With the mont de la lune you get as above,but also 1 free day to go over to sauce or sestriere or you can use the 1 day for serre chevalier, this is the one we normally get.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Monts de la Lune is plenty for one week, especially if you spend a day in SC as well; the links to the rest of the Milky Way from Montgenevre are not the most convenient, but worth it if you have a car and covering distance is your thing. Have a great time, Montgenevre is excellent
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all - very helpful.

Lizzard, on the full Milky way pass, when you say one day 'each' does that mean I can do, for example, Tuesday in St Vincent, Weds in 2 Alpes, Thurs in Alpe d'Huez? Or is it once I've used my away day up on one resort, that's it? Will likely have access to a car, so that could be useful.

And on that Milky Way pass, do you also get the free half day (on a 6 day pass) that you get on the Monts de la Lune pass? If so, we'll make a dash for the ticket office when we arrive to get that first afternoon in free.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Via Lattea pass allows you to ski across the whole Milky Way 6 days a week. It's not really worth it.

The Monts de la Lune pass gives you 1 day in each of the resorts mentioned. So yes, you can ski Monday Montgenevre and Claviere, Tuesday in Sestriere and Sauze, , Weds in 2 Alpes, Thurs in Alpe d'Huez, Friday in Serre Chevalier. That still leaves Bardonecchia and Puy St Vincent.

Although, because of distances I would leave out 2 Alpes and Alpe d'Huez.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are intending on mainly staying in the Monte / Claviere area but we really want to maybe take a day and cover some serious ground and head over to the Milky Way.

Am i right in saying we can do this if we buy the normal Monte Pass as it gives you one day Milky Way?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right, the Monts de la lune lift pass for 6 days will allow you to ski montgenevre and Claviere all 6 days.

It allows you 1 free day in either of the other Via Lattea resorts, so once you have had your free day that is it

In January that was the lift pass we had and we used our free day to ski over to Saux d'oulx, and will be doing the same in two weeks time ( woohooo )

or you could go to Sestriere, or Serre Chevalier, I think you have to drive to serre as you cannot do it by links ( but I might be wrong on that as never been to Serre )
Hope that helps
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy