Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2016 family ski trip for "free"

Poster: A snowHead
After a very successful long weekend to Les Gets with the Mrs a couple of weeks back we're both sold on taking our kids with us next year for the first time! They are aged 5 and 8 and have both had a couple of days on skis in Scotland. They are likely to get a few more days before next years trip as well.

We might also have another family of 4 with us. Other friends are also showing an interest!

My plan is to do this trip as close to free as possible. I have shed loads of BA air miles so would plan to fly BA to Geneva, Lyon or Innsbruck and am collecting AMEX points and cash back as well. Anyway more about that another time!

I'm really looking for some knowledgable insight and suggests of where to consider. We're planning last week of March 2016 for a week which should offer lots of choices and a good chance of decent snow. Some of our considerations at this stage:

Decent height resort and as snow sure as possible.
Fairly close to one of the main airports.
Wide selection of catered and self-catered accommodation. (We might leave booking this last minute to take advantage of deals and so we go where the snow is!)
Great ski school, but wide range of terrain for us parents to enjoy.
Not too expensive in resort.

So far looking at chamonix, val thorens, les arc, cervinia and some of the Austrian resorts.

Would appreciate some further ideas.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might want to include Munich on the list of airports as its still only a couple of hours from many of the Austrian and German resorts and will give you more flight options.
Mayrhofen + other Zillertal resorts would be a worth thinking about.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can you use air miles for flights in school holidays?

I wouldn't take kids to Chamonix for their first holiday - probably too much schlepping about and down in the valley the snow could be pretty sketchy by then.

How will you get "free" ski passes, lessons and accommodation? Might well get "free" car hire though, with enough points.

I always get free travel on Eurotunnel, thanks to Tesco Clubcard.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munter, Ski Amadé have free passes for all children in the low season (i.e. after the February Half Term madness) which means Easter as well. As long as at least one adult pass is bought, ALL the children of that adult get free ones. I think other areas do this as well but I can't name any off the top of my head to be honest. The nearest and easiest Sport Amadé resort to reach from Munich Airport is probably Flachau. If you can get flights to Salzburg with your points then it opens up a huge range of resorts all within an hour's transfer time. Easter 2016 is one of the very early ones by the way so end of March does not necessarily mean going high to guarantee snow! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes I was a bit concerned at the size of Chamonix Pam and the fact that would increase the amount of running around, rather than skiing/boarding. That said the ski school at Cham gets good reviews and I was surprised at how reasonable the ski school/lift pass was for 6 full days. I don't see that kind of value elsewhere in France!

We could fly into Munich or Innsbruck, but looking at the options some of the French resorts look better value for the kids stuff.

I wrote "free" because of course it wont be entirely free. Flights will be booked using BA miles so £35 each for the taxes. Ideally I'd like to use AMEX points for some/all of the accomodation but the choice is VERY limited and it's less value than transfering your points to Avios. I've been using one of these cash back websites for a few months and have already got a balance of £600 from stuff I'd be buying anyway (it's been an expensive time!) so I think I could get to £1500 on there by this time next year! The good thing about that is you can take the balance out as you wish including cash!

A quick look last night and a week in Cham with a self catering 2 room apartment/chalet for the 4 of us and ski passes, ski school, hire, transfers etc was coming in at £3600 on Crystal. Pricing it up DIY (and accepting the flights are only £140 with miles) it's around £1800

So "almost" free!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I was surprised at how reasonable the ski school/lift pass was for 6 full days. I don't see that kind of value elsewhere in France!

I'd be surprised if you couldn't match Chamonix prices at lots of other places in France. What were they? And eating on the mountain is pricey in Chamonix.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing is an expensive holiday anywhere, some resorts take the p*** (Val D) I think if you book last minute in france you can pick up good half board hotels for £800 pp that's including equipment lift pass and the rest- which I think is an extremely cheap deal , crystal often do offers such as buy one lift pass get one free which is always good
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To be honest, our holiday won't be more than £1800 this year, if that. That will include spending money. We are going 28/3 for a week with a family of 4 to chatel, portes du soleil. Drive, self catering in 6 man Appartment.

We even did half term 2 years ago for about the same money, in haute nendaz booked in December.

Ski holidays don't need to be expensive.

Simone
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forgot to say, that's without using any points/'free' stuff either.

Simone
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Monie&Dave, I'm intregued. We are pricing up for a family of 4 departing 28/03 and the cheapest by far we can get to is around £3k all in driving if a TO deal does not materialise.

Your budget sounds like a dream... but is there just 2 of you (as you said you are going with a family of 4 in a 6 person apartment)?

If we drive it will costs about £800 once petrol, tolls, 2 overnight hotels and dinner is factored in. We don't want to blitz in one go and make journey part of the holiday.

Then about £500 for accommodation and between £600-£800 for equip and 4 full passes, no kids lessons! And then about £900 spending.

Maybe that's too much but I'd rather not scrimp and scrape. If you have a magic formula to keep cost down I'd love to know! Sorry typing on a phone Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Getting the flights you want using Avios won't be a straightforward as you think. When you say the "last week in March" do you mean Sunday 20th March or Sunday 27th March? The latter is Easter weekend so Avios flights will be like hens teeth and the previous week won't be much better. You may find that you won't get 4 seats on a flight so you may have to settle for 2 Avios and paying for 2. If you are trying to use Amex Rewards then you will find that difficult in the Alps.

Have a look at www.flyertalk.com or www.headforpoints.com for some good advice on redeeming Avios and Amex Rewards.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munter, you don't need to go high, some areas will be fine most Easters. To add to Ski Amade's free pass that Sue mentioned, Skiwelt also offer the same - we preferred Ski Amade though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Maybe that's too much but I'd rather not scrimp and scrape. If you have a magic formula to keep cost down I'd love to know!

It's not a magic formula it's an attitude to spending. You might feel you would be "scrimping and saving" to "spend" less than £900 on a family holiday, on top of dinners and overnight hotels on the drive. Others will happily get themselves a good breakfast and a good supper (which needn't cost much more than they do at home) and have little or no lunch - maybe a bowl of chips, or sit with a tasty picnic on sunny days, without feeling remotely hard done by. Alcohol bought in a supermarket with a selection of mixers in the fridge needn't cost much. If I had to break the drive overnight it would be in a low cost hotel, probably eating food taken with me from home on the way down (typically some cheese and bacon scones with plenty of fruit, or some pasties, and hard boiled eggs) and perhaps taking some cheese and ham to stick in a fresh baguette on the way back.

I wouldn't call that "scrimping and saving". When we did family ski holidays, with 3 kids, absolutely no way did we ever buy "proper" lunch on the slopes. Depending on the age of the kids we gave them pocket money for the week and they could decide what to spend it on. A plate of chips and a coke for lunch maybe, or maybe (more likely) a couple of beers in a bar in the evening. They always had the opportunity to pocket some of the choc bars and muesli bars we had with us to eat on a chair lift whilst peckish.

With a family, self-catering in an apartment beside the piste can save you a fortune, as can the "chalet tea" in catered chalets, making up for lost lunches. We always enjoyed the skiing so much we never really felt we needed to "spend" lots extra to make it a memorable holiday.

It was still always expensive though! Buying a family's worth of lift passes always made me feel slightly queasy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mini_mo,

Getting there - If you are staying overnight both ways your estimate of £800 is probably about right. That would not include the cost of investing in winter tyres/chains though.

Spending money - don't count that in your budget. Toofy Grin wink Really the only spending money you strictly need is the money for a large supermarket shop which should be the same cost as you would be doing in a normal week at home anyway. If you book accommodation at the foot of the slopes in a small to medium ski area you can go back for lunch (not that we do Embarassed )

Accommodation cost - you could probably find something that week under £500 but if you want higher end accommodation with a pool etc, and end of stay cleaning included you might be looking at £1000. I'd say cut down on the spending money and spend more on the accommodation!

Lift passes, ski hire and lessons tend to be cheaper in the smaller off the beaten track places.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Really the only spending money you strictly need is the money for a large supermarket shop which should be the same cost as you would be doing in a normal week at home anyway

But most families don't spend £900 a week in the supermarket, on top of two evening meals out. wink

If you can afford nice lunches on the slopes etc etc - that's great, but I do think it's wrong to suggest that it's "scrimping and saving" to do without, if the budget won't allow. In the same spirit some people feel that mixing yourself a gin and tonic with ice and lemon from your own fridge is somehow being a party pooper, or a skinflint, compared to going out and spending four times as much having one in a bar (a smoky bar perhaps, in some places).

I really dislike crowded, noisy, bars (even without smoke). If money were no object - and I can certainly "afford" a gin and tonic at pub prices - I'd still prefer to have one at home with my friends or family, or a good book if I am on my own.
snow report
@pam w, As it happens I don't spend £900 on my weekly shop. Laughing What I was saying was that if you say spend £150 a week on a shop at home, you will probably find the same shop costs around £150 at Carrefour in the Alps. Therefore I don't count my Alpine supermarket shop in the skiing budget as it is not an additional cost of going on holiday.

I dislike noisy bars too.
snow conditions
@snowymum, I do agree. Once I have got to my apartment it costs me no more to live there than to live in the UK. Probably less as it's far smaller and much better insulated and costs less to heat.

I was just pointing out that it's easy to spend less than £900 on top of your accommodation and travel costs and still not be "scrimping and saving". I always find that a slightly disparaging way to refer to people who don't need to spend a lot of money to have a good time.
latest report
@pam w, I am pinching this thread so I'll reply but then better not go on. I factored in £900 because we normally spend £500 when we do catered or hotel. I agree completely that £900 seems a lot but if we self cater we would eat in and dine out in evenings and my husband drinks a lot of beer on holiday! When we camped in the Alps last summer I underestimated our spending money so wanted to be safe this time. We tend to have the odd mountain restaurant lunch but don't go crazy but as you can imagine when there's four of you it's not cheap. As we all do ski lot of mileage we get very hungry. But as you say it's all down to what you are prepared to spend and for us we like to feel like we are treating ourselves, hence restaurants enroute to France etc. So I guess £3k is probably realistic.

Maybe I'll reduce my spending budget a bit - that will be nice! Smile

Typing on an iPhone is dreadful. Sorry if there are typos! 3rd time I've edited this!
snow report
@Monie&Dave, I'm very interested to hear how you do it so cheaply? We are a family of 5, same week, self-catering in an appt, and the drive, lift passes and appt come to £1800! And we definitely aren't eating out on the slopes etc.
snow report
@rainman, how does that cost break down? You have one more lift pass to buy, which makes a difference but if you are self-catering it seems reasonable to discount food costs, given that you have to feed yourself at home, too. And if you are driving you can take a lot of stuff to reduce shopping costs (and faff). So your holiday might be around £2K, which is really good for a family of 5! As soon as you start eating and drinking out (especially in France) costs will be shooting up.

Apartment costs will be much higher if you are stuck with school holidays. The cost of an apartment like mine will drop 60% between the first and second weeks of March.

You can get very good "accommodation and lift pass, ski hire etc" deals in some of the less well known French resorts.

The much weaker Euro, of course, is going to make even the 3V seem a bit more reasonable.
latest report
To the original poster. I've noticed on my research that a lot of resorts offer free lift passes for kids under 11, so that will be a good way to reduce your costs. But as other people have mentioned, if you are looking to use avios and points for accommodation, you should be booking these as soon as they are available otherwise you will find you have no option than to get a late TO deal. Essentially our formula is just that. Wait for a late TO deal where snow is good and if nothing materialises then we will be driving to France as there are tons of apartments to hire but no discounts for these as far as I can see as yet. I am assuming apartments don't reduce in price. Get your flights and hire car sorted ASAP and then you can leave the rest till later. Also not sure if you are based in Scotland but I've noticed loads of good deals flying from Edinburgh, much cheaper and so much better availability than Gatwick. Years back I did a weekend ski trip with my avios and now realise that I can do it cheaper without Avios. So sometimes you can cut costs in different ways that you didn't expect.

Another cheap way is to take your kids out of school (did I say that?!) Toofy Grin

I've also compiled a list of about 20 resorts in 3 countries that will suit our requirements for an Easter holiday. Good luck!
latest report
I used to take my nieces skiing to Les Arcs and even if I gave them a free lift there and free accommodation it cost about £750 once they bought an 8 day lift pass, 6 days of lessons, hired skis and boots and bought food and drinks.
snow conditions
Quote:

I am assuming apartments don't reduce in price.

I think that's generally right - there are a lot of empty apartments out of season but prices don't reduce much, and sometimes not at all.

A £2000 family ski holiday sounds very good value compared to my having just paid my dentist almost that for a root canal filling and replacement of the bridge which had to be removed to get at the abscess. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@pam w, and it won't be a memory that you paid for, which you'll want to remember!
latest report
pam w wrote:

It was still always expensive though! Buying a family's worth of lift passes always made me feel slightly queasy.

Our 7 day Paradiski family ski pass punches through 1000 euro for the first time this year. Shocked
ski holidays
Forunately, we have a bit extra money, we ski in Italy and have a proper lunch on the mountain. I spend less than 20 EUR for 3 of us for lunch. Loving the luxury and the reasonably priced piste side food... so yummy.

But a few years back, when money was scarce and kids were learning, I did half term skiing for a 1000 EUR. This is what we did. We skied at St. Jean d'aulpes, we did self catering in apartment less 100 meters from the uplift. We had a 3 bedroom apartment that we share with another family, the apartment complex even had a swimming pool. The apartment was 770 eur for the week, we paid half of it.

We got a family pass, and the lift pass was about 90 eur for the week per person. We rented equipment, reserved in advance. Ski lessons were about 110 per kid for the week for half day lessons. For the food, I made a plan and shopped and cooked at home, froze it, put in a cool box, was frozen on arrival, and then left it outside on the balcony where it stayed frozen all week. I had a shopping list of things I needed to buy fresh, and kept to my plan. We got fresh bread everyday and took sandwiches and a thermos of hot chocolate and the kids got a crepe every afternoon, slope side.

I did drive, but I already live on the continent. Everything together we came in about a 1,000, 3 skiers, one non skier.

The thing about the food, is the spices and accouterments, that's where you spend money, and by shopping and cooking at home, shopping when things are on sale, I didn't spend more on food than I would at home.

Coincidentally, St. Jean D'aulpes is only down the road from Les Gets.

The moral of my story, where there is a will, there is a way. Stick to smaller resorts, they are cheaper, and your kids won't need all those kilometers anyway, that will take some research.
snow report
Thanks so much everyone for your helpful replies. I've asked around and indeed I think somewhere like Chamonix will be a right pain with little ones in tow.

There is an added complication in that we have another family confirmed. We'll be wanting to do flights via avios and they will book direct which has made things more challenging. For that reason we've ruled out Austria as direct flights to Innsbruck and Salzburg from Scotland are infrequent and the BA avios flights have bad timings. Looks like the best option is surprise... Geneva (no surprise).

The other family don't seem keen on France but as I told them we should book flights asap and then leave the choice of destination until a 2-4 weeks before depending on conditions. They seem a bit uneasy about this as its their first ski trip, but I think I can assure them this will be ok! They are keen on Italy and having been to Sestriere before and enjoyed the Italian food/wine and banter that wouldn't be a bad shout.

Right now my shortened list is:

La Thuile
    Sauze D'Oulx
    Sestriere (would prefer to go somewhere new tho)
    Flaine
    Montgenevre

Would be great to get thoughts as to suitablity late March for a family trip? There will be a family of four (2 adults 2 kids) that will be rank beginners plus myself (experience boarder/early intermediate skier), my wife (solid skier) and our 2 kids (both beginners but a few days on snow). We'll need somewhere friendly for the beginners but with some challenge and fun for my wife and I.

I'm also interested in best transfer options, good ski schools, lift ticket promotions and of course accomodation! Ideally we'd like to share a small chalet and the ladies want catered - not sure if that is even possible unless in a hotel chalet type thing? Havent seen many catered chalets for 8!! In the case that isnt possible self-catered chalet, or hotel (2 bedroom suite per family) would be ok.

Thanks again for your help!
snow report
If your friends want to go to Italy, how about Pila (drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel, no problem)? There's quite a bit of info here about Pila.

You and your friends probably ought to agree on a budget before going much cheaper. The laydeez might want a catered chalet but that's going to push the price up a lot and this is supposed to be heapo cheapo, isn't it?

If it's their first holiday they might be a bit shocked at even basic costs.

If you cost up a basic self catered package in France with a tour operator, then add all the ski costs - pass, hire of gear, lessons - you'll get the basic cost. But do yourselves a favour - look carefully at the size and layout of the apartment. Very often you need to under-occupy it (e.g. take a 6 bed apartment for 4 of you) and pay the under-occupancy costs. Or be very squished.

On top of that very basic price you then need to add feeding yourselves and having the odd beer. You could assume that basic food will cost around the same as home but even rudimentary lunches on the mountain and a few drinks "out" each day will put the price up a lot. Be realistic.

Then see how that price goes down. If they don't flinch, and are happy to go up by at least £800 for the family, you could think about a catered chalet.

Your best bet, really, could be a last minute tour operator deal BUT you'd all have to be flexible about destination and you wouldn't be able to use your Avios.

If you are thinking about a DIY trip, will your friends be happy to hire a car and drive to a ski report, possibly in a blizzard? Are they the type who will set to and learn how to use snow chains?

It's all a bit difficult for somebody having their first ever ski holiday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah, but I'll be there to guide them Pam!!

I think I can do this for free (minus the avios tax of course) because its a challenge more than anything! Neither they, nor we, absolutely need to do this super super cheap. I just want to see what CAN be done!
One thing I'm pretty much sure of is that we don't want the trouble of hiring and driving a car. It may work out cheaper than transfers, but it seems wasteful to have a car sat doing nothing for a week. Also although I'm happy about driving in a blizzard and actually quite enjoy it, I doubt my wife would say the same wink
latest report
munter wrote:
Neither they, nor we, absolutely need to do this super super cheap.

Good. Because learning to ski can be tiring. Sorting out kids who are also beginners can be very tiring. And the last thing your friends will want to do is come back, get changed, sort kids, go shopping, prepping, cooking, washing up etc. Not to mention planning for breakfast the next day when you can't find the things you want in the tiny supermarket. From experience, they will end up, by the middle of the week, barely speaking then spending lots by eating out every night. Choose a nice hotel or catered chalet for their first time or it may just be their last.
Quote:
I just want to see what CAN be done!

Fill up at breakfast and dinner and economise on lunch. That can easily be done! Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Can you use air miles for flights in school holidays?

Yes, my flights this Easter are on Avios (you need to keep checking to get them though).

Quote:

Ski Amadé have free passes for all children in the low season

I took advantage of this last year and it was great. We had a fabulous holiday with the flangesax's

I would certainly recommend Sauze D'Oulx as a family resort. My kids loved it when we went and they were about the same ages as yours.
ski holidays
Have you thought about going to La Thuile in Italy? Apartments Planibel really good value (basic, but clean and warm with lots of hot water). Had a pool. Small supermarket, butchers etc in complex and a wee take away pizza place that was good value. Lunch on the slopes could be had for the 4 of us for 20euros (paninis, shared puddings) or we made picnics. Children under 7 get lift pass for free, area pass for a family is only about 550euro. It is a lovely area, you can ski into La Rosiere in France. We went with a 4yr old beginner and a 7yr with one year skiing under her belt and it was perfect. Italian Ski School was fab too.
snow report
I've just worked out our trip for Easter this year. If I exclude food shop before leaving UK, as would have spent that in any case, them total cost comes in at approx £2500 for a family of 5.

This was self-catering in 3-bed apartment, driving, tunnel on Tesco points, overnight stop on way out, no lessons, three sets of ski hire, all meals including 2 lunch time stops. Could probably knock 200 off if we weren't driving a thirst 4*4

Biggest cost of the lot was ski pass at 708.85 this a family pass purchased at discount through rental agency.
latest report
Family of six, car from Cheshire down to Val Thorens over Easter.

£930 for the week in apartment (1 x double, 2 in bunk, 2 in lounge)
c. £550 for tunnel, overnight stops each end, incl £126 tolls, c. £150 fuel and indoor parking in resort
£216 ski hire (skis x 6, boots x 4) (Skimium, nice discounts via Decathlon, decent enough kit)
£888 Lessons for 4 (2 incl local area passes)
£684 full area lift passes x 4

And of course before that - helmets, sallopettes, coats, insurance, some of which we already had, some which was a new expense.

We already had chains (not a big expense - £40 for the set online, have already used them in the UK too).

Roofbox contained loads of food, including a defrosting pre-made bolognaise, enough pasta for the week, loads of fresh fruit / veg.

Had two meals out (one "treated" by father in law, the other we paid for), didn't eat at any mountain restaurants. Lots of baguette meals.

We thought we'd done it relatively cheaply, but certainly by going to a big resort (Val Thorens) there are some pricey elements in terms of lift passes and ski schools.

And in the grand scheme of things, when you're spending over £3300 on a week's holiday, some of the little savings on food etc don't amount to a great deal!!
snow report
Quote:

by going to a big resort (Val Thorens) there are some pricey elements in terms of lift passes and ski schools.

Accommodation can be quite a bit less in less well-known resorts, too. As can ski lessons.
snow conditions
Sorry missed the rest of this thread. Just got back and approx costs for a week were (2 adults and 2 kids age 12 and 14) to chatel pds:

Travel: £400 incl toll/ferry/fuel (we travel in one go from norwich through the night, just spend a few euros on breakfast)
Accommodation: £370 close to centre, 2 bedrooms and mezzanine with sofa and telly with lots of films
Pds pass: £450 ish (discount for late season and family discount)
Lessons: £200 (few private sessions)

That comes to £1420. We self cater, so on top will be a bit of shopping, pizza take away and sons bday dinner out. We have big breakfast and snack on the mountain (crepe and coffee) and a big dinner.

Did not come to over £2000.... Perhaps less.

We own our own kit (also use it in Holland at snowworld when we visit my family) and bought snow chains 5 years ago. Winter tyres just save on the summer ones over the years, so apart from the initial pair of used wheels from the scrap yard is not really an extra expense. Car is an old 04 reg zafira that fits all of us and the kit inside the car (and we bring 4 pairs of skis/boots and 2 snowboards/boots)..

It can be done.

Simone
snow conditions
Does it have to be the alps?

I have been looking at Sierra Nevada in Southern Spain
Granada is served by BA - so really close & Malaga & Murcia within 2 hours.
The resort is still 25%+ open today! last week of april.

Alternatively have you thought about Bulgaria?
Again, BA fly there from Heathrow, so you can use your miles.

I went to Bansko paid the following after flights:-

Per Person
26 euro transfer
90 euro hotel (basic accomodation - but run & owned by a Brit)
140 euro lift pass

& about
100 lv ski hire
200 lv private lessons (not group)
(about 160 euro converted)
Bulgarian currency Lev is pinned to Euros at 1.95 = 1 Euro

Just over €400 (about £300) + flights & spending money.
Food was cheap & their local beer is cheap & lovely stuff.
snow report
Not had a proper chance to read through all the replies, but we did a self catered holiday in Samoens at Easter this year, family of four, and the whole cost (including food and spending money) was just over £1900.
We went to Chamonix the year before and it cost us just over £2000 for us all. We didn't buy lift passes for the children that year though. From what I remember I don't think that the lift passes were particularly cheap there compared to other areas in France?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy