Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school Les Coches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Can anyone recommend a ski school or maybe even a specific instructor in Les Coches?

It is for my girlfriend, she has 1 week of skiing experience. She can do snow plough turns on a blue piste. Her biggest challenge is that she is nervous and afraid to go even a bit fast.

What do you think would be best for her? Group lessons or private instruction? And if private, how much? How does 3x1,5 hour sound? Or should we get more?

Best - Rune
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rrs, Evo 2 in Les Coches are very good. I think private lessons are the way to go as she's nervous. I would give them a call and explain that she is nervous and ask them to recommend an instructor. All those I met were very nice. When are you going?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Gämsbock, thanks for the reply.

We are going on the 7th of march. I hope it is not too late to book lessons.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rrs, I think it should be alright, as you are after the main French school holiday period. Still worth booking in advance so that you get more choice of instructor and can make sure to have the same instructor for all the lessons. The ski school office manager in Les Coches (Dominic) is British so easy to have a chat about what you're looking for.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rrs, I'd second the vote for Evo2, and specifically for private lessons with Bruno. He took me from a very reluctant and nervous skier to completely hooked in week, and whilst my nerves weren't cured overnight they were certainly under control by the end of the week! My husband's instruction to Bruno was simple - if she's smiling at the end of the lesson and is prepared to ski again, then you succeeded. Bruno totally succeeded.

If Bruno's not available (he gets booked up ages in advance by his regular clients), then Dominic will sort out the right person for your girlfriend.

In terms of how much time, I think the more time you spend with the right instructor, the more control you gain over your skiing and the less your nerves get in the way. So I'd say 'as much as you can afford'.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have now booked 3x1,5 hour for her with evo2 for monday, tuesday and wednesday the week we are there. We arrive very late saturday evening, so we have sunday without instruction where we can rent skies, find our way arround the city and she can find her ski legs on a beginners slope without pressure to be somewhere at a certain time.

Figured it was best to have the instruction in the beginning of the days when she has fresh legs and it was no problem to get the timeslots we wanted (10.00-11.30 all the days)

We are very excited and will try to report back how it went.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy