Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

march 22 ski buddies wanted !!!!

Poster: A snowHead
42 year old male intermediate skier looking to get away week beginning march 22,enjoys full day on the slopes and couple of beers in the evening just to chill out nothing to heavy,not bothered about destination,anyone fancy joining me to keep the costs down looking at the crystal website they got some good deals around that date.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm 29 male beginner/improver on the lookout for something that week too...anything cheap and preferably snowsure (as snowsure as anything can be this season). max budget is £700 for flight, transfers, accom, lift pass and ski hire.

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm also someone that likes to hit the slopes all day and then just wind down with a few relaxing beers in the evening rather than some heavy night out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi snoody,looks like we are looking at the same sort of budget,been checking crystal website so should be able to stick to it no problem,i`m thinking somewhere in Austria or Italy but just keeping an eye on the weather to see where looks best for snow,i was in morzine second week of January and the conditions were pretty poor so like you say definitely want somewhere snowsure.
I`m thinking somewhere like zell am ziller in ausria was there a couple of years ago and was pretty good resort or I`ve heard sauze d`oulx in Italy is pretty good,not been to Italy yet so wouldn`t mind trying a resort there.
hopefully want to try to get something half board as well to keep the price down.
you got any preferances at all what or where your looking for?have you got the week booked of?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No preferences at all, was looking at some of the higher French places but that's purely because they're cheap and that's all I know. I've only got a few weeks under my belt so not had the pleasure of many different resorts. Was in the 3 Valleys at the end of January and didn't get my fill of skiing so desperate to have another trip, don't care where it is.

Week is already booked off work, so just waiting to find the deal that's right. Could happily stretch the budget a bit for half board...would cut down on the number of Super Noodles that I have to take too!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok sounds good to me,i will start searching the weekend for something don`t get much time during the week I work long hours,i see your in Exeter what`s the best airport for you?
what was the 3 valleys like I keep meaning to try it.
I`ll have to try to find half board if you promise to leave the super noodles at home...
if you find anything that looks good just let me know.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fairly used to flying from Gatwick and not really too fussed if we had to fly from somewhere else. When I've been looking over the last few weeks I've even considered Brum or Manchester.

3 valleys was busy and I wasn't really won over by Val Thorens as there was a lot of cloud so it wasn't always great visibility. I wonder whether I'd have enjoyed it more if there had been blue skies all week. Spent limited time in the other valleys but Courchevel was good, reckon it'd be good for beginner's because there are some nice gentle green and blue runs but there's also a bit more to do if someone didn't really want to ski.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi all, new poster here on snowheads, I've booked flights 21st to 28th to Grenoble, Going to book with Action Outdoors (UPCA) to either Tignes, Les Deux Alpes, Val D'Isere or Val Thorens (cant decide, sooo much choice!!), All in packages including transfers, lessons, food etc about 600 to 650stg, only thing you need are flights. I wouldn't mind knowing afew people before I go, anyone else interested? 29yr old intermediate male from Ireland, more interested in Skiing but up for the odd nights apres.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flying at hideous times from Brum, and not in either Italy or Austria, but as far as I can see this is amazingly cheap thanks to a 2 for 1 lift pass deal.

http://www.neilson.co.uk/ski/france/les-deux-alpes/hotel-serre-palas#tab

Flights, transfers, B&B accommodation and lift pass comes out at £733 for two people! Even when you add in skis and boots it's still only £450 each, which leads plenty of spare budget to pay for evening meals etc....unless I've made a massive balls up and misread it completely.

BTW burnie, what equipment would you be looking to include? I've got my own set of boots so only after basic skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also a good deal here, based on flying from Gatwick http://www.neilson.co.uk/ski/italy/sauze-doulx/hotel-miosotis

Half board and this time not in france Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
can`t seem to get the links to work,i`ve been keeping an eye on snow reports and it`s looking like france is due the most snow in the next couple of weeks,so looking at some of the French resorts that I havn`t been to les deux alpes seems to be getting good reviews,found a deal on crystal staying at hotel la brunerie half board going from Gatwick at not silly times that doesn`t look bad,looks a nice hotel with it`s own bar and also 2 for 1 on lift pass so all in with ski hire would come in around £700 each,i would post the link but don`t know how so if you search on crystal see what you think.
I will need to hire ski`s and boots as can`t be bothered to get me own too much hassle lugging them about.
would be good to try to book something up this weekend if possible as daydreaming of being on the slopes again now Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Both deals have now been taken down, which is a shame. The first one was an absolute steal for £450 B&B...even if it did have slightly unsociable hours flying times. The second one that was Sauze d'oulx was also remarkably cheap, think it came in under £550.

La Brunerie is possibly a bit more than I was looking to spend but does look like a pretty nice place to stay, and actually having half board will be a hell of a benefit. Will try and do some real trawling of the TO sites over the next few days and see what else is available, but on the whole looks pretty good and being high up should mean decent snow.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have been looking around a bit more but doesn't help that I haven't heard of many of the resorts, other than the main French ones. In France there are a lot of good deals for La Plagne and the 3 Valleys, both of which I've been too. Would rather not do 3V as was only there 4 weeks ago, but would have not qualms about going back to La Plagne because I enjoyed the long runs and felt there was a reasonable variety. There are also deals on La Rosiere and Le Deux Alpes because both have a 2 for 1 lift pass deal, which helps a lot! The latter can be half board as the Brunerie deal but the former is S/C. In Italy there are good prices for Passo Tonale and Val di Fassa, but never really heard of them before and have no idea if they're any good.

To be honest I'm not too fussed, if there's snow and a hill that's easy to get to then I'm reasonably happy. My upper budget is probably a max of £750 s/c or £850 half board...but would much rather spend less as this trip is stretching my finances a bit Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spent most of yesterday searching as well,looking at the snow reports and taking into account how high it is and that it has a glacier I`m leaning more now towards les deux alpes,i even tried working out a price booking everything separately after finding a sc apartment that looked ok at at £250 for the week,but once you add flights and having to pay extra for luggage and transfers it didn`t work out much cheaper than the brunerie deal then with food being sc it probably works out about the same,the good thing with the brunerie deal is the 2 for 1 lift passes which keeps the price down abit and not needing to take much money for food as its half board.i just went through the whole booking process on crystal for brunerie and it comes out at just over £650 each so all you got on top of that is ski hire so would probably come in around £700 for the week,plus what ever spending money you want to take.
will have a look at any la plagne deals about as not been there before and as you`ve said it has long runs which I do enjoy.
I`d be happy to book the brunerie deal if you wanted to get something booked or another option we could wait until closer the time and see if we can get a last minute and take a chance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah I've been looking at solo deals too, found a trip to La Plagne that's about the same price (although as you say you end up having to go s/c). Think that the Brunerie deal seems pretty decent, as you say the 2 for 1 deal means that it's easier to spend money on the accommodation and it actually looks like a nice place to stay (as opposed to the tired place I stayed at in VT). Not sure how much better it can get, but if you think there could be a better deal around the corner then may be worth gambling. TBH it seems like a good deal and I've got myself a bit over-excited about going skiing again! I'm happy to go with whatever though. BTW I checked with the Crystal online chat she said that a deal being booked would probably need to be paid from one card, although she did suggest giving them a call and booking over the phone as they may be happier to have two payments.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pm sent.
ski holidays
Hey ever tried the UCPA? Les Deux Alpes is £585 for accom in a 4-bed dorm, meals, ski hire, lift pass,4 half-day lessons and transfers from Grenoble airport (Geneva is more expensive). You only need to sort flights and insurance. The big saver here is meals!

Worth considering.

https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=9496

I'm going from the 21st to 28th myself.
ski holidays
I got in there with the UCPA plug before ya NehNeh But have decided to go to L2A also defo, just have to book it now!
ski holidays
wasn't over impressed with L2A, went last year. might do alp de huez next time
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy