Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1 x 2hr or 2 x 1hr private lesson(s)

Poster: A snowHead
Evening all.

I'm wanting my wife to have a private ski lesson so that she can gain more confidence.

Due to budget. Would it be best to have 1 x 2 hour lesson on the Monday (after she has found her legs on the Sunday)

Or 2 x 1 hour lessons on the Monday and Wednesday.

Thanks in advance

(Going to ADH in march)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 13-02-15 6:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What sort of level is she at now? If she is an absolute beginner, I would think a 2 hour lesson is needed at the start. If she can ski a blue piste and do linked snowplough turns, I would go for 2 x 1 hour lessons
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JohnHSmith wrote:
she can ski a blue piste and do linked snowplough turns, I would go for 2 x 1 hour lessons

This is EXACTLY her level.

Her problem is that she is worried some out of control idiot will speed down and hit her.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll see if I can get something booked.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kiteman69, Snowplough turns are greatly underestimated Madeye-Smiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/31447136
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The idea behind 2 x 1 hour lessons is to get an instructor who can (a) give her a bit of confidence (b) show her a nice safe area where she can practice (c) give her some exercises to practice before the next lesson.
We did that some years ago as a family and it worked for us. Hope it works for you too.

Is it worth an hour on an indoor UK slope before you go? I had an excellent day with 'InsideOut Skiing' and in a group lesson (it was a small group) there is a 50% discount for the first group lesson if you quote your SnowHead user name. I thought it was excellent value. Search for their website and follow the link to 'clubs'. I have no connection with InsideOut skiing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trouble with 1 hour lessons is that actual skiing/teaching time is reduced by meeting, lift to 1st run etc. Some ski schools only do 2 or even 3 hour privates. I'd go with one 2 hour. Have you booked the lesson? I'm in L2A much of the winter and will be then.

If she is nervous Easiski is your best bet. If so contact Charlotte and she'll recommend either 1 or 2 lessons. European Ski School are a little cheaper and have a number of British instructors, Alex (she) is very good. I think they only do 2 hours though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry @Claude B. I meant to type ADH (original post edited (I was in L2A in January))

@JohnHSmith, we live 15 mins from chill factore.

But you need to realise, in the eyes if my wife, that is not real snow and she doesn't enjoy skiing n that !!!! Mad Mad Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd go with the 2 hours as well; 1 hour will be over very quickly. Don't expect magic though. It's the practice that she puts in after the lesson (doing what the instructor says) that will make her a good skier, so she really needs to want to improve.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're going top AdH, have a look at Masterclass.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers @sugarmoma666 I will do.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd go for 2 hours too or, if the budget will run to it, 2 x 1.5 hours.

But I also agree with @ben76; she really must want to improve, herself.

I don't know what the answer is if people are afraid of others skiing into them - other than going to very quiet resorts in the lowest of low season. It can happen, of course (it happened to me) but there's nothing to be gained by being scared about it. Becoming more confident will enable her to be aware of what's happening behind, I suppose (e.g. always looking over your shoulder before skiing to the edge of the piste, or making other big changes to your pattern of skiing).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When I did a one hour private lesson we got started very quickly and it was a very intense full hour. Which worked for me as I was quite young and very eager to learn. I am wondering if your wife might need to take things a bit slower and might appreciate a longer session.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from a cracking week Little Angel

In the end the wife had 2 x 1 hour lessons with easyski.

http://www.easyski-reservation-cours-de-ski-alpedhuez.com/en/

Truth be told we booked it due to the price...... 45 euro/hour.

She liked them that much we will be using them again when we go back in 2016
snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morning lessons all week
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kiteman69, very glad it went well. Private lessons are a good investment and not always expensive. Ours (small French resort) are €47/hour in French school holidays, €38/hour at the moment, low season. Some prices are astronomical though.
ski holidays
@MJS, who with and where?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy