Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spring skiing in Kitzbuehel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There are obviously loads of Snowheads who have skied Kitzbuehel. Can I ask what it is like for Spring skiing, say end of March. On piste or off piste - is there any scope for off piste then? - I have looked at the SCGB resort snow reports, which show good levels up high, but wonder what it is like in practice. Thanks for any comment anyone can give.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
off piste its impossible to say...you may find powder or absolutely nothing....its a matter of luck.
on piste usually very good...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Albech, the season in Kitz usually goes through till end of April or even into May. End of March is usually fine, and I have skied deep powder there in April several times. Off piste will either be pow or firn, which I find almost as much fun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have been near the end of March in a "bad" year. On piste was still great, most of the area except some valley runs was open and in good condition, there had been no fresh snow for a week or two and it was freeze thaw, so limited offpiste. We skied in from Kirchberg side which was good, though the Hannenkahm area down to Kitzbuhel town was pretty ropy. Above mid level and anything north facing was very good until about 3pm when the heat won.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Albech wrote:
There are obviously loads of Snowheads who have skied Kitzbuehel. Can I ask what it is like for Spring skiing, say end of March. On piste or off piste - is there any scope for off piste then? - I have looked at the SCGB resort snow reports, which show good levels up high, but wonder what it is like in practice. Thanks for any comment anyone can give.

Skiing in Kitz is actually relatively high for that part of Austria with very little going down to the resorts. The north facing runs should be fine as should Pass Thurn (highest and north facing). Very little faces south; it's just about all east, north and west.

I actually found the skiing rather disjointed - it's very strung out - though at least these days you can ski to Pass Thurn (BUT have to go down one of the south facing slopes which was horrid last year in early March).

I don't do off piste, but it is said that Kitz has a surprisingly high amount of it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very useful comments - thanks guys. A
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I may go this weekend. Never been. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the steep, off piste freeride terrain?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've only skied there early season and enjoyed it but it is very low - you are on meadows skiing between hamlets, churches etc. All part of the charm but wouldn't be my choice for late season. As I remember it is quite open at the top but lower down the pistes have been cut out of fairly dense trees - it requires a little more ingenuity than your typical freeride area!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im off skiing on the 9th April. I expect to be skiing there then There is more snow forecast this weekend. There always is mid/late March. Kitz is usually one of the first non glacier resorts to open, and are usually one of the last to close. Though that's not all of the resort open admittedly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Albech, get out early and stay high and north facing after lunch, pistes should be fine .
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not going to make it to Kitzbuehel this weekend. I'll be in Zillertal. They have new snow there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy