Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for ski tour operator (low cost & advanced routes)...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

It has been a few years since I last did a dedicated hut-to-hut ski tour. For the last few years I have mostly be skiing resort side country with a few day tours here and there when conditions allowed. My last hut-to-hut trip was the Haute Route which I did in a group though Mountain Tracks. It was well organised and had a lot of fun but felt that at over £1000 excluding travel and food that it was expensive. In addition the route was for me a little tame...there were some long climbing days but the skiing itself felt like I was on the tourist route and I wanted more of a downhill challenge...

Fast forward to this year and I have a new gear setup that I am looking to break in properly (Black Crows Atris/Dynafit Beast 16/Scarpa Freedom SL/G3 Alpinist). Fortunately I have a couple of resort trips coming up soon, but I want to fit in a dedicated touring trip in April as well.

So my question is whether any of you good people can point me in the direction of an outfit that could help me get my touring fix?..ideally with some challenging steeps in the route... It is likely just me as most of my ski buddies are too lazy to earn their turns so would need to join a group. Would also need to travel from the UK and it could be for a week or long-weekend.

Welcome any pointers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hamishswMost UK touring companies' trips start from about £1000 a week for guiding fees and hut accommodation and food. We've had good experiences using UK companies called Icicle and Alpine Guides.

Last time out (after an appeal on Snowheads for 3 people to join us) we booked our own tailor-made trip/ group via an Austria guiding outfit - Stubai Freeride Centre - which saved us all hundreds of £££ each.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Mountain Tracks or Grimentz and Zinal Backcountry Adventures. Nick Parks is involved in both and a top class guide.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpine Experience does some tours, I have no idea about prices. I have spoken to people who have done their tours and they really enjoyed them. See http://www.alpineexperience.com/touring/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy