Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Apparently they've had 2 more centimetres in the last 24 hours!! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stuarth, forecast looks perfect for me , sun and warm for next few days ( bike at ready ) then temp drops and snow falling early next week ready for ski tour in whistler , simples Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Leaving whistler today . Its sunny lovely warm day . Skiing been ok but not great bring you sun cream if your coming here . Heading to the city for a few days then up to alaska . Hopefully better condition up there .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yet another 'hopeful' snow forecast for next week. If it does snow, I'm claiming that I brought it, as I arrive in Whistler late on the 7th Very Happy

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Whistler-Blackcomb/6day/mid
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most models I've looked at show minimal snow. Maybe a dusting for Thursday, and possibly some small amounts on Monday. HP will be the theme up until at least Sunday March 8th. Could break down around the 9th of March. With B.C. Coastal weather being a roulette wheel, it's hard to say that far out. One of the Colorado forecasters seems to see some weather models indicate that the West Coast US High Pressure will break down around the 10th-12th, and allow moisture to come in. Let's hope PowderAdict gets the accolades and rewards for bringing the snow back to Whistler.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
2cm forecast would not be enough on some of the lower slopes! I was on my first run yesterday, didn't really know where I was going and ended up on a really patchy blue. Knarley enough getting down.

Thanks for the good luck messages guys and so far I'm still married! Lol. Right time for the slopes, (said with a sore head after frequenting the Sweedish after party Maffia party at the bar in the Hilton last night-those guys know how to party!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like the snow forecast for tonight is a no show. More forecast for Sunday into Monday though... Fingers crossed.

At least if it's only the groomers that are skiable I've got a valid excuse for a narrower waisted pair of planks Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hopefully we get the snow which is forecast up top for Tue/Wed. snow-forecast.com seems to think we'll get some but I've seen that before Smile

Did a couple of laps of Whistler Bowl today and the snow was chalky rather than icy, so was fine to ski.
Groomers were nice and grippy especially first thing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@born2ski, what are ski prices like in the shops there. Wondering if i should buy piste skis to bring out, or wait til we're there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
shoogly wrote:
@born2ski, what are ski prices like in the shops there. Wondering if i should buy piste skis to bring out, or wait til we're there.

The first point to remember is that the advertised price is generally without tax, so that an apparent bargain may need to have GST @5% and PST @7% added, so a $500 item becomes $560. In resort, the test centres will allow you to try multiple skis (http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/events-and-activities/the-village/shopping/test-centres.aspx)

The exchange rate is particularly good at the moment, but when I was there last season (when rates were worse), general outdoor items were about 10% cheaper. Although there are multiple ski shops, there are very few websites for Whistler shops, so making an up front comparison is difficult.

For back country equipment, I can recommend the excellent:

http://www.escaperoute.ca/
http://www.excessbackcountry.com/

And as always the later in the season you go, the more bargains there are to be had Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Off to Sun Peaks now, hope everyone hitting Whistler soon gets a good week snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, enjoy!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's really hot today! Nearly no jacket weather. I'm still enjoying myself anyhow! Went to HY's last night for dinner and it was amazing! Also I don't know if any of u guys know of a little place call peaked pies, but it's amazing!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@shoogly, Not sure which skis you are looking for but to give you an idea of prices, the Head Supershape Magnums or Titans (I have a couple of pairs of those and they are very nice skis) currently cost 750 CAD in Can-Ski (inc bindings). Something like a Head Rev 80 would be 520 CAD. Of course they may be cheaper when you arrive in April and there are further sales on.

I have a stack of discount cards which get 5% off hardgoods and 10% off softgoods/accessories/tuning/rentals in most mountain owned shops including Can-Ski.
If you (or any other snowheads in Whistler) would like some discount cards I can give you some when you arrive (you also get discounts in shops like Showcase, Burton, North Face store, Columbia etc.).

So for example if you bought some Magnums/Titans the price would be 750 CAD - 5% discount = 712.50 then adding on 12% tax = 798 CAD.

At the current exchange rates that would be the equivalent of approx 420 GBP, so you can compare that to how much they cost in the UK. I guess you would also save on ski carriage one-way.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@B1g_browner, Yeah Peaked Pies is a cool place especially with the mash/peas/gravy on top of the pies.
You should also try Splitz burgers along the street from Peaked Pies.
ski holidays
@born2ski, thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

I see that the midweek snow that was forecast has been downgraded (again), but at least there's precipitation that must fall as snow at one level or another coming through.

I sent a message to WB and they came back with this...

"Everything should still be running when you arrive. We do have beginner and intermediate terrain in the alpine as well as on the lower mountain (for the kids ski lessons). There is still plenty of terrain open to ski all day. Over the past week we have produced enough snow to cover 108 NFL football fields with 1 ft of snow. We will continue to make snow when the temperatures allow. We currently have 7,661 acres of terrain open and we are concentrating the snow making efforts on groomed runs."
latest report
Snow forecast on Wednesday. FL around 1,500-1,600 meters. Might see around 10CM, or so. Possibly a bit more higher up. Warm, spring like conditions for Monday and Tuesday. Longer range could see a bit of precip for the weekend. With how this spring, I mean winter has been, you never know. Puzzled
ski holidays
10cm is probably not enough to cover the lower slopes. Last day today, sorry that I didn't get to experience whistler in all its glory, but I still had a ball!
latest report
just arrived in town , wow suns out , more bikes than skis on show , but looking good for high up tomorrow , and good timing for backcountry day thursday Very Happy
looks like it will be little firm early doors what time is it starting to soften up ??
snow report
I've been here since Saturday night. The snow softens around 10:00-10:30.
latest report
@PowderAdict, cheers , what u reckon , blackcomb or whistler in the morning , looking for some steepish blacks to practice some stuff ??
snow conditions
I haven't been on Whistler side yet. I was on Blackcomb on Monday, touring in the BC on Tuesday off Blackcomb on the Spearhead glacier, and out Heli skiing today.

The lower blacks on Blackcomb are slush and rubble mixed in with ice moguls, the high alpine ones have coverage but are variable quality, and once in you are committed.

I would give Whistler a try, you can always transfer in 12mins via the peak to peak. Be warned there is no ski out from 7th Heaven, due to lack of snow, with the last chair at 15:00
ski holidays
@PowderAdict, cheers for advice , out on BC tour thursday so hoping for some new snow , did heli this time last year with coastal range , one of the best days ever, hope it went well snowHead
think ill give symphony a go tomorrow
latest report
Well I see that the forecast 10cm for Wednesday has now been recorded in the official snow report as one inch of new snow.

There's nothing quite like corporate optimism! I wonder what will happen to the 16cm forecast for this weekend?
snow report
that was at mid mountain. 10cm up top. Hee haw in the valley.
snow conditions
@Acacia, there was 15-25 cm of new snow in the high alpine on thursday , we did a day tour of the circle lake area and found some nice snow snowHead
thinks saturday will see some decent amounts falling on the higher slopes , but temps and freezing levels need to fall , to make the most of it
snow report
"like"
snow report
Nice to see some new snow even if we did get a little sand-blasted in the face today with the high winds (up to 95 km/h) blowing the small snow particles.
It was good to ski a little powder for a change even if the high alpine was closed for the winds. Should be nice when it opens up again.

Got a bit sticky as you got towards Emerald then raining below that level.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow was pretty decent at the top today after the high-alpine lifts opened. It actually felt quite wintery with colder temperatures.

Snow forecast looks quite promising even if it will be raining towards the village level...
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Whistler-Blackcomb/6day/top
latest report
Yes, had my powder run of the season off spankies ( previous best was Roundhouse roll so bar was quite low, but all good!)
Skiing down to red later on in the day made me wonder how long WB can hang on lower down.
snow report
Hmm. Now forecasting more snow for Thursday (arrival day!), though still with a fairly high freezing level. Will it be 2005 all over again? - Let's hope so.
snow conditions
@Acacia, really hope so , heading home tomorrow after a fantastic fortnight of skiing,biking,hiking in BC , a fantastic place even in a bad snow year Very Happy
snow report
Lots more snow now forecast through Thursday - Saturday snowHead I think that below midmountain this will mostly be rain, but it's looking good for the top half of the mountain (once the clouds clear).

Watch this space for on-the-spot reports.
ski holidays
@Acacia, safe journey! Very Happy
ski holidays
@geetee,
You too.
Are you arriving this weekend? looks like you are bringing the (sort of!) snow again! snowHead
ski holidays
@stuarth, thanks Very Happy We arrive on Saturday.
We're bringing some nice bugs with us instead of snow I think - I have a cold and a hacking cough and I've just picked geetee jr up from school as she was feeling rough. Ah well, a bit of mountain air should fix us. The forecast in the village looks like rain. We're not going to need snowboots are we??
When are you next in Whistler?
snow report
@geetee,
littleh_mk1 has a weekend off training this week (relocated to Whistler all season from Mt Seymour - lots of driving!) and it's his birthday, so might not be up this weekend, but will be next weekend (28th/29th).
Might try and get a deal on a place and stay up for the weekend

Unless something dramatic happens to the forecast, no need for snow boots in the village (or quite a bit of the mountain!) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Snow was very enjoyable today with some nice powder to start the day and it continued to snow throughout the day. In the morning it was snowing all the way to the gondola olympic-station (1100m) then raining below there.

When in the village at lunchtime it actually started snowing there for a bit but it was wet snow that wasn't sticking to the ground.

The ski-out to the village had quite decent snow all the way to the olympic-station where it began to be sticky then it was slushy below that.

Ski-out on Blackcomb is marginal at the moment.

I expect tomorrow will be a little wetter than today.
ski holidays
@stuarth, sent you an email. Very Happy
snow report
Well today was one of the best starts to the day we've had so far this season with the fresh snow Smile

Lots of powder which was reasonably deep off in the bumps/between the trees etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy