Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Yep nice to see it snowing from just after lunchtime until early evening. We received more snow than the trace amount forecast and was getting reasonably fluffy at the top Very Happy . Only the last few hundred metres down to the village was light rain. Might get a little more tomorrow but we're happy with whatever top-up we can get at the moment.

Have a nice trip back @Bisonator !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Born2ski - Thanks a lot dude - as Arnie once said "I'll be back"!!!!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@B1g_browner, many congrats for tomorrow! We had our honeymoon in Whistler too (anniversary is next month when we're there) and it was the start of an obsession. Very Happy

Great news about the snow. Keep it coming!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@geetee, hoping for fab snow for you - lovely pic of @geetee jr Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @igLou Very Happy

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I follow this guy in Whistler for updates. https://www.facebook.com/WhistlerSnowReport
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
geetee wrote:
Thanks @igLou Very Happy

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I follow this guy in Whistler for updates. https://www.facebook.com/WhistlerSnowReport

What!! So you don't follow/trust me? wink Razz
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stuarth, Of course I trust you and I'd be delighted if you gave us an actual update on snow conditions, this being the snow report thread, but your last actual snow status update was 2.5 weeks ago wink NehNeh Mind you, I can think of at least one other (lurking) snowHead who is even more local to Whistler than you who could come on here and give us an update. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@geetee,
I think he has to work for a living now, so not sure if he's allowed out to check out the snow anymore wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah but he has his onsite reporters. Maybe you could help out?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all arrived yesterday , first day skiing today
was up for lift at nine skied blackcomb this morning mid mountain and above most runs ok was softening up at dinner , skied back down arond midday , signs up at wizard to download but you can ski past right down to blackcomb base
Ok conditions mid and above , no significant snow forecast for next few days .
hottub and beer time , being first day and all
Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the report @f1l,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
going to whistler on the 19th of March for the first (and probably last time given the costs) for the ski holiday of a lifetime, everything already booked but now panicking about the snow conditions, will there be enough for a decent week of skiing? Am not bothered about off piste, long wide groomed runs that are kind to my knees is what I'm after. Please reassure!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lids wrote:
going to whistler on the 19th of March for the first (and probably last time given the costs) for the ski holiday of a lifetime, everything already booked but now panicking about the snow conditions, will there be enough for a decent week of skiing? Am not bothered about off piste, long wide groomed runs that are kind to my knees is what I'm after. Please reassure!

There's been an ever so slight shift in the weather patterns this week. Whistler is a bit just on the edge of this storm track coming through since Thursday the 26th. So, it's possible that far out that things can change. March can often times bring some very big dumps for the Coast Range.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all
significantly colder today north wind blowing down 20 mph aand above lowering temps a lot , been mainly on seventh heaven today runs hard packed , was snowing but only trace amonts in seventh heaven bowl .
Patchy and cloudy and not much sun today .
snow canons switched on above solar coaster on blackcomb and have been running all day ,
peak chair closed today , dont know if for winds or setting up for peak to creek race tomorrow , starts from the saddle .
still loads of skiing on groomed runs
the cold north wind will bring a change , now needs a pacific storm to come in now temps have dropped and bring some heavy snow .
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you for that, feel a bit more confident, and as I've never experienced Whistler when the conditions have been good I won't know what I'm missing! Ignorance is bliss.
ski holidays
@f1l, They don't normally close the Peak chair to the public when the race is on but happy to stand corrected. I see that they're starting this year's race further down this year so maybe the racers are using the T bars to get to the start. The race is today and tomorrow.
snow report
@lids, I wouldn't worry about it and you will have plenty of nice runs to ski for the week. The top of the mountains have loads of decent long groomed runs and they won't melt before March. Some upper runs do get a little scraped off/icy towards the end of the day but are re-groomed overnight so it would be worthwhile getting a Fresh Tracks ticket one day even if it's not a powder day. The real patchy sections are at the bottom so don't worry when you arrive and see bare sections because the mountains rise one vertical mile above the village level.
Towards the bottom they are pushing snow onto only the main runs back to the village on each mountain. The top is decently covered, just not so good if you want to ski through the trees etc due to exposed logs/branches.
Try 7th Heaven in the mornings or even the Blackcomb glacier. On the Whistler side Symphony gets less traffic so try over there as well.

@f1l, Welcome to Whistler! The racers are going up Harmony chair to get to the race start (top of the Saddle). I heard they weren't running the Peak chair in case people drop in from the Whistler bowl/Cirque side and ski across the race track. This year the race is not going all the way to Creekside due the snow conditions lower down. Maybe we'll get a few flurries on Sunday if we're lucky.
ski holidays
Going to head over to symphony tomorrow , had some new boots from surefoot this afternoon , cant wait to try them out . Not cheap , but big thanks to jordan from surefoot spent an hour getting them fitted . Custom footbeds and pu liners .
some nice sunshine for the end of the day . Curry and beer calling .
latest report
@born2ski, I heard the Peak chair wasn't running because it was windy. Yes, it's a much shorter course this year. Normally it's set by three people each doing their own section but this year they only needed two setters.
snow conditions
Ah yes it was indeed quite windy in places yesterday so that would stop them from opening the peak chair.
snow conditions
The long term forecast on accuweather reckons on some precipitation for the week before we arrive. I'm not holding my breath but maybe, just maybe.

The Camp Facebook page posted a photo of Sunbowl that didn't look too bad but Whistler Unofficial Snow Report's photo of the Creekside base explains the shortened Peak to Valley. Isn't the race about a month later than normal too??

@born2ski, is it still possible to ski out at Creekside or will I be downloading to get my pulled pork sandwich at Dusty's?
snow conditions
Yes you can still ski to Creekside but only on Dave Murray. It's a little short on snow but still skiable to Dusty's. Lower peak to creek is closed.

Can't guarantee DM will still be OK by the time you arrive but of course one way or another you have to get your Dusty's pulled pork sandwich. I have started eating pulled pork poutine at lunchtime but it does make you quite bloated for skiing Laughing

The peak chair was open today so you were right about it being closed for the wind yesterday. First thing this morning the upper groomers were in perfect condition with hero carving snow.
snow report
I tried the pulled pork poutine last year as we usually end up in Pika's at lunchtime especially when we're doing a camp. It's a quick choice but not my thing. I love cheese. I like chips and gravy. But together?? The breakfast sandwiches are good there although we started having breakfast at Black's.
ski holidays
@born2ski, PS thanks and please keep the reports coming even if they're not so great. Smile How are the Horseshoes and West Bowl holding up?
snow report
born2ski wrote:
Yes you can still ski to Creekside but only on Dave Murray. It's a little short on snow but still skiable to Dusty's. Lower peak to creek is closed.

Lower Peak to Creek is closed is a bit of an understatement - looks rather like it does in August

Saw someone poking around on the top of the horseshoes yesterday, we were hoping the Harmony chair would stop so we could see their attempt! Twisted Evil Was pretty firm off piste, but fairly decent on. Chilly - not used to that anymore!
Whilst you probably wouldn't want to ski there at the moment, there were people skiing Whistler bowl, surprise, etc, and the coverage is pretty good up high, so a period of decent snow would fix it up nicely (once it was done falling off).
snow report
geetee wrote:
Ah but he has his onsite reporters. Maybe you could help out?

Complained to his roving reporter yesterday, so hopefully he'll try a bit harder with his updates! snowHead
snow conditions
I see that the official WB website has claimed 79cm for February, which seems hopeful as many have said it has not snowed for weeks. Maybe the Pig Alley weather station has a localized climate.

The 4.7m total for the 2014/15 season so far, is only beaten by the 2004-05 season which had 3.0m at this point, the next worst was last year at 5.47m, but it was saved by 2.38m in February.

I'll be in Whistler from 7th March for 2 weeks, so if there are any other SnowHeads going out, I'll see you on the BA0085 on Sunday.
snow report
Hi all
not enjoying skiing , groomed runs like boilerplate this morning , got fed up and came in just before midday .
Made up with cold hate being ill on holiday .
Bright sunshine yesterday and today t shirt weather .
not looked at forcast but dosnt look like snow in the clouds .
Cold enough for guns to be running at solar coaster level .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's a hard life f1l rolling eyes....I hope you are bearing up.

Just remember the old adage: "A bad day on the slopes is better than a good day at work."

Or try the sentence I read on a catskiing operator's website relating to down days/poor conditions: "On days like that we just appreciate being in the mountains."
snow report
And now to prove me wrong snowing at village level , wouldnt call it a dusting but hopefully means 1 to 2 inches up top .
Whistler is still an awsome place though .
beer and early bed , first day in the camp in the morning .
ski holidays
@geetee, Horseshoes are a little hard-packed but better than the refrozen slush a couple of weeks ago.

I've not been to West Bowl recently but have done several laps on Whistler Bowl/Shale Slope. It was also reasonably hard-packed but enough grip for skiing. I did however see someone fall from the (slightly gnarly) entrance of Whistler Bowl all the way to the bottom bouncing off around 50 bumps on the way down! There happened to be a ski patrol guy skiing in there at the time so that was lucky.
The top of Shale Slope looked really icy from the top but was actually reasonably grippy on the bumps.
snow report
@f1l, A lot of the time when it is boilerplate on the Blackcomb groomers (e.g. Ross's Gold, Springboard etc.) it is better on the Whistler side.
I skied Whistler groomers like Green Acres, Ego Bowl etc this morning just after 8am and it was perfect carving corduroy. You could move your hips inside in fast turns without worrying that the skis would slip away.
Enjoy the Camp tomorrow Smile
latest report
born2ski wrote:
I did however see someone fall from the (slightly gnarly) entrance of Whistler Bowl all the way to the bottom bouncing off around 50 bumps on the way down!

Ouch! Hope he/she was OK. Is that the entrance that you see on your left just before the top as you go up on the lift? I've been in that way before when it's been nice and chalky but I usually sneak round the back door entrance into Whistler Bowl (comes in stage left just below the main entrance) Smile

I hope the extra snow yesterday softens things up a bit for you all.
ski holidays
It was just the main entrance but it gets quite bumpy/icy after lots of people have slid in there, so not the easiest to navigate. If you keep going skiers far left there it a small chute which is easier than the main entrance as long as there isn't piles of snow/debris at the bottom if the chute.
ski holidays
@PowderAdict, will be on ba0085 tomorrow , but not going upto whistler till 10th , chance of a little snow before then i hope Cool
ski holidays
Dabber wrote:
@PowderAdict, will be on ba0085 tomorrow , but not going upto whistler till 10th , chance of a little snow before then i hope Cool

Perfect biking conditions you'll be pleased to know Cool
snow report
http://www.snowseekers.ca/weather-change-in-march

Oh please let it be.
snow conditions
I was noting (talking! Madeye-Smiley ) to myself this morning, yet another lovely sunny morning, that the temps have dropped quite a bit the last few days and are much more like back to normal for this time of year, now just need a few storms to coincide with the cold and we're off at last!
snow report
@shoogly accuweather.com is still forecasting precipitation in two weeks time. A lot could change by then but we could get lucky.
ski holidays
yeah, i know... Fantasy pish, but i've been fantasising about this trip for a loooooooooong time so i'm holding on to anything i can get hold of. Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy