Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Legs getting tired too quickly **Warning pink pants**

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
flangesax wrote:
@Designer156, stoopid question... are you still wearing the same socks?

In the photo? No.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread has progressed somewhat since last looked.....at a glance, it was boot flex that was an issue?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Designer156, did you wear those socks for your ski trip too?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mayr, Think it was resolved that boot flex was too soft for a big bloke; however the cause of the sore thighs was that the boots were putting his knees too far forward to be able to adopt a balanced stance (without going back seat to compensate).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Catching up ... not sure it was boot flex per say, but a quick read and a look at the pics seems to indicate more of a boot geometry issue. Too much flex at the front coupled with too much resistance at the back. Though the boots look little used and may not have been 'broken in'.
It's been an interesting thread and given me some thought.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just want to know about the socks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you use w@nk socks will the increased stiffness result in a higher flex number wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You are never alone.... I have a similar heavy build - 18.5" calves and a similar issue on the slopes.
Pre Season training - cross-trainer - squats etc for 4-5 months before trip - this made a big difference
but it stills feel like your body is not lined up correctly and everything is tense resulting in
muscle tiredness. I can ski all day down whatever comes but frequent stops are required, rest for 30 seconds
and off we go again.....

This year, I have Head AdaptEdge 100s with custom footbeds and they are a great boot for wide calves.
I picked up some thin ski socks from www.snowtart.com - ThirtyTwo Arvin Socks (the orange ones) and again this
helped. I agree with past posts, lessons are going to solve this issue, it's not the equipment.

I did try standing "taller" as http://www.lesarcsnet.com/ski-lessons/tips - 2nd page down Basic Skiing Techniques With BASS
again this helps - look up not down and relax - I think sometimes, like Golf, there's so much going through your head it's almost
impossible to enjoy the run. Anyway, we are off to Andorra in March so we'll see how it goes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa wrote:
If you use w@nk socks will the increased stiffness result in a higher flex number wink

Only if you give them a bloody good rub first.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

w@nk socks

@Scarpa, that'll explain that embarrassing fungal infection then, won't it?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy