Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget restricted trip - first week of March

Poster: A snowHead
My daughter and 3 friends are trying to organise a last minute ski strip for the first week in March (travelling out 28th Feb/1st March). Two are more experienced intermediate skiers and 2 on 2nd/third holiday (1st one being school trip) so plenty of blues still required. They don't want loads of apre-ski as they really want to spend as much time as possible skiing, but they're between 23 and 28 so they want a little. They'd prefer not to drive or hire a car at the airport so they need a package or something with good transfer links for DIYing. Flying from southern (or possible south-west) England. As part of France is still on holiday that week they would prefer Austria or Italy, but flexible on that. They'll consider self catering, but HB is more appealing due to lack of work and known cost as funds are tight. Not particularly keen on the idea of a catered chalet as worried they might end up with families or people like their parents in too confined a space!

The killer is budget. They need to get the holiday for £500 to include accommodation, HB, ski hire and boots, lift pass and they don't want sofa beds.

Obviously we're scouring the net for offers etc, but I just wondered if anywhere springs to mind when you read this please. Any thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What springs to my mind is that that's an almost impossibly tight budget for Austria, Italy or France. Might just be manageable for Bulgaria but might - just might - be possible with a last minute deal in France, Austria or Italy.

However, it's January so hardly "last minute" for a holiday almost a month away. The sort of deal they need would be more like 48 or 72 hours in advance and they'd have to be VERY flexible about destination, departure airport and accommodation.

The way to avoid ending up with families or people like their parents is to stay in a hostel, which will also get just slightly closer to their budget (are they OK with dorms as long as there are no sofa beds in there?) There are some cheap ones in Chamonix but as you say, it's still French holidays.

On that budget they're unlikely to get HB but should be able to feed themselves cheaply with a good euro exchange rate and a small modicum of initiative. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about Innsbruck? Easyjet from Bristol. Try Tiscover for accommodation, and search Snowheads for more info.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eurostar to Lille and UCPA all inclusive? but unlikely to be quiet in resort as it is French zone B holiday. At least it isn'tthe paris week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the thoughts everyone and I'll investigate the suggested options as they weren't ones we knew. I've suggested that they just book the time off work and sit it out until the week before, but they're not keen! I thought that maybe in a smaller resort where the lift pass was a lot cheaper, with Ryanair flights etc that they might just manage. we'll keep looking and hope people will keep suggesting wink
Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi take a look at Chiesa italy ski deals 7 nights half-board inc 6 day ski pass and 6 day ski rental can just be done in your budget - with easy cheap train transfer or one or organised for the girls. just send me a line for details.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another option might be somewhere like Jasna Chopok in Slovakia. I just priced it up for that week. Flights from London to KRakow, nice bed and breakfast accomm, transfers from airport and to/ from slope every day, lift pass and gear hire came in at £500 or thereabouts. Eating out for the evening would be very reasonable, as would drinks in bars, which might appeal.

We didn't go in the end but I had some dealings with this company (and this is the 'bed and breakfast' cost I priced up above) and they were very courteous and seemed quite a professional setup:

http://www.propagandasnowboards.co.uk/

I very much doubt that they would be stuck with fusty oldies or families, certainly not the latter at that time of year.

This is not an owner-plug by the way, I've no connection with them at all. I just thought it looked like a reasonably priced ski holiday which is always of interest to us having two small kids Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Take a look at Crystal flying to Turin on March 1st. From memory the Olympic village apartments are cheap as chips in Sestriere.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you again for all the suggestions - this is just the sort of thing we needed. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Andorra might not be a bad shout to hink outside the box. If you look for Andorra Traveller they have some deals including lift pass that may come in around or slightly over that budget but with everything included? Personally I havent used them or been to Andorra before but it may offer suitable terrain and adequate apres-ski.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Andorra might not be a bad shout to hink outside the box. If you look for Andorra Traveller they have some deals including lift pass that may come in around or slightly over that budget but with everything included? Personally I havent used them or been to Andorra before but it may offer suitable terrain and adequate apres-ski.

I'd second this - Andorra is perfect for people who want a lot of blues (a lot of the reds could be classified as blues in Andorra anyway). I've been out there once with Andorra Traveller who arranged everything including lift passes, hire and lesson. They're not really a TO though so it was lucky I knew the area a bit myself and could fill in the gaps in where to get transfer bus from etc.

There are two main areas - Vallnord would be cheapest (staying in Arinsal or Pal) whilst Grandvalira (Pas de la Casa, Soldeu, El Tarter etc) would be a little more expensive but a much larger ski area with better infrastructure.

For a group of young girls wanting good skiing with some apres I'd say Pas de la Casa would be the best bet, and Arinsal would be alright as well. I've only ever skied down into the other areas so I might be wrong here but they always seems a bit small without much to do compared to the two I mentioned.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 people wanted to fill fully catered chalet 7th-14th March in Morzine

We are a group of 4 young couples, 3 of us have young children who are coming along (4 children in total), so you'd have to be child friendly.....but they are all gorgeous and well behaved.

It's chalet belle through treeline chalets and the room were offering is a double/twin (up to you) with ensuite.

The cost would be £435pp which is ridiculously cheap for fully catered......

We are all friendly, a mixture of boarders and skiers....total foodies! We want some relaxed, fun and friendly people to fill our spare room!
👍😀
Thanks!
Sally
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sally, I wish I had the funds and time off work to join you,that sounds like a truly amazing deal!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's a great deal....and they are meant to be top knotch on food.....just need this final room filling!!! 😊
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks@Sky_edge, but as I explained at the beginning they don't want to share a chalet with families - even with gorgeous children! Andorra is a good idea too, thanks. We've got close to the budget on some of these suggestions so they're pondering at the moment Smile
snow conditions
Budget wise you could definitely do Southern Poland, most runs are green/blue and the odd red, with very few blacks, so skiing wise it may not be perfect, but meets your other criteria!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy