Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Steamboat parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hopefully this is the right section for this question.

I have 8 nights booked at the steamboat grand and want to know if there is any free parking around the mt verner/ski time square area. the hotel has 3 options with the cheapest at $15+tax a night. parking areas i have investigated do not allow overnight parking.
dont have a problem with leaving the car 10-15 minute walk away but we will be using during the week.

before any one suggests using transfer bus we will be traveling to snowmass for another 6 nights so we really need a car and i have also looked at hiring at denver dropping of at steamboat airport rehiring to travel to snowmass and dropping of at aspen airport then rehiring to get back to denver - works out cheaper but to much hassle.

any advice appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MOGULMONKEY...................

Leave it to us Americans to continue to charge you even more as a guest at the hotel, no less. I could see a $5.00 per day hit on parking for guests, but the Grand's $15.00 - to $20.00 per day underground begs for a guest to directly speak to management - as I would - at check in time and see via diplomatic congress if there could not be some serious "consideration".................. You will request to speak with management at time of check in for some serious "consideration", thank you..........
You can park about a three to five minute walk away during the day for free over at Knoll Parking lot, but leave your car there at night and they will ticket and/or tow at night because they plow....... So, you wind up parking your car at the hotel as the charge is over a 24 hour period.

Do not know where you're staying in Snowmass (the skiing is still good as of this moment - PP with morning crust as the temps have gone warm in the past week but there is light snow predicted over the next three days with continued warm temps) but again, all parking is charged.
Again........., have a tête-à-tête with a manager at time of check in who did NOT vote for Sham Wow-Obama.............. With such a soul you should get some consideration.
Make sure your rental car is "right" and that the windshield wiper reservoir is full, even going so far to ask if they can throw in an extra bottle of the stuff which they notoriously have lying around by the boat load which sould be rated at -20 F as Colorado roads are pretty funky. The stuff only costs about $1.20 per bottle to a car rental operation, retails for $2.00 at most anywhere else. Personally, I like it to chase down tequila shots, but I digress...................

You'll enjoy the drive pretty much all along the way once out of the Denver region, especially your trip to Snowmass via the back route from Steamboat to Snowmass. You might want to consider if time allows a stopover at Glenwood Springs as you pass through a la their mineral springs pools complex. It's nice if you are into that. Snowmass is a solid 45 minute drive from Glenwood.

Assuming you're arriving in Denver via BA's daily LHR - DIA flight, a word of additional note.............. If that flight is on time........, by the time you finally get on the road you will be right in the thick of commuter rush hour. Cute. So be patient on your way through the greater Denver region, continuing on via I-70 West to Route 9 North at Silverthorne toward Steamboat which will have taken you through the Eisenhower Tunnel. Mind your speed downhill, both West and East descents can be deceptive....................... And if you stop for a bite which I cannot imagine you will not before you get to Steamboat which is a solid four plus hour drive from DIA, without fail, park your car where you can see it as Coloradans (I am not) are renowned for "collecting momentoes" from unsuspecting guests cars. I wouldn't leave a used toothpick in my car, if you catch my drift...................

Glenwood Springs...................

http://www.visitglenwood.com/

Speaking of the original Sham Wow.......................

http://youtube.com/v/80ne1qRoHyk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@equinoxranch, thanks for the info. fairly familiar with the routine as we have skied in CO a few times. looks like i will have to speak to 'the management' for parking costs at steamboat. we are meeting family in snowmass (daughter lives in scottsdale) and have rented a house which i believe has plenty of parking. we had already planned to look at glenwood springs on route. last time i driving to steamboat it was -17f over rabbit ears pass but the road was clear so a pretty easy drive.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy