Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

g3 skin cutter is the bomb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to tell all you lovely people a wee story

I was cutting a pair of bd ascension skins this evening, I set of on the first skin with the bd cutter, it took me between 10-15 mins to get it right
Then I went to the garage, got genuine guide gear's cutter from a previous pair of skins and cut the 2nd bd skin in 90secs.
I then ran the g3 cutter down the first skin to tidy up the mess I had made of it with the bd cutter!
END OF STORY

Anyways props to g3!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went to cut my skins with the supplied bd cutter ... Luke at camp de base whipped out his cutter which cuts revealing the edges... Both done no problem in three mins or so. No fussing/ realigning etc that the be would have given me...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Before I bought my first skins years ago, I watched the BD video of skin cutting, and thought are they serious!

Since then, three sets of G3 skins later, the cutter is perfection, even for the thicker high traction skins.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had no problem with the BD cutter (in the STS skins pack) if it helps. Super sharp and easy to take off huge initial line as well as super thing shavings to tidy it up. Absolute pleasure to use (was worried after everyone was raving about G3 but it went fine). My first time cutting skins, too, though I'm quite crafty...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used both recently as a test, having only used BD in the past. G3 is soooooooo much better and much easier to cut the shape precisely.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use the G3 cutter, but use some ski base cleaner to get any glue residue off it and dip it in water while cutting, it really makes it glide through.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy