Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trip from Bardonecchia to the Via Lattea?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm off to Bardonecchia at the weekend. I'd really like to do a day trip across to the Via Lattea, and particularly drop into Claviere for old time's sake.

No car, but from the TrenItalia site it looks like there are hourly trains to Oulx (I assume that is where the site means by "Oulx-Cesana-Claviere-Sestriere"). Does anyone know how easy it is to get from the station to the nearest ski lift? And about how long would it then take to ski across to Claviere / Montgenevre (and back)?

Thanks,
Rob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@robhogg,
In another thread I posted this link
www.05voyageurs.com/fr/consultation-des-horaires_p247

click on S33 briancon OUlx and it gives a timetable between Oulx and Braincon that stops in Cesana and Montgenevre.
It looks like there are only two morning buses but if you can get there for the 08:40 it should give you a good days skiing and is quite cheap. There is a return service.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the link, T Bar. Looks like there are trains due into Oulx at 7:33 and 8:33 on weekdays, so the early bus would be doable.

And ends up in Briançon? Now I'm thinking "day out in Serre Chevalier as well" Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@robhogg,
I'd have thought a day out Serre Che is possible, one thing to be aware of is that the stops in Briancon are at Champs de Mars and the station both of which are a bit away from the gondola though you can get a local bus.
Serra Che is a great day out and it sounds like they are getting good snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I were you I'd just get the train from Bardonecchia to Oulx.

It also depends where you are staying in Bardonecchia as the actual ski station is up the road from the railway station.

Once at Oulx station probably then your best bet is a bus either to Sestrierre or Sauz (much closer), and there's a lovely Cafe opp station, or better still if the bus drops you off in Cesana by the bubble - don't bother with Clavierre / Serre too much potential for a feck up in transport and snow is not that great here to warrant a trip, but hopefully by tomorrow etc

So get to Oulx and then see where the first bus goes to and take it!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam wrote:
So get to Oulx and then see where the first bus goes to and take it!

Unless it's the one back to Turin wink.

I will check out conditions when I get there, but there's some nostalgia involved in wanting to go back to Claviere - went there 30 years ago on a school trip. And we had proper snow in those days...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy