Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowmegeddon 2

Poster: A snowHead
From Twitter.

davidzof: Savoie prefecture asks motorists to stay at home until sunday and skiers to stay on open and secured ski runs.

From Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/prefetdelasavoie/posts/829862873743740?fref=nf

Good luck and stay safe this weekend if you are up an Alp, or attempting to get up (or down) an Alp!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 29-01-15 19:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Came back last Sunday from La Plagne and although I would have liked a bit of snow during the week I'm glad I'm not there now and wanting to get down the mountain this weekend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm going up one, or Deux on Saturday. Hoping for a cheeky half day pass too if all goes well!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
glad not driving down this weekend but would love to be in resort to witness some decent accumulations, been a while since i literally lost the car..2003 I think was the last time
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Poor transfer people - now they get smashed by their costumers again. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have full confidence that my ZCH-Arosa train trip will be completed with brutal efficiency by Swiss Railways on Sunday arvo.

It looks like the worst will be over by Friday so if the ploughs can get out there Saturday may be ok(ish)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm buying an extra bottle of water and a bag of crisps for the transfer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@red 27,
The last time I was on a Swiss train it broke down , but then they did blame the software;-)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@musher,Was it the Crystal Express?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@homers double, remember to take some for the other 40 passengers and their kids - its your responsibility dont you know! Oh and if you have a spare nanny make sure you take her or the other passengers will complain and openly and irrationally slag you off on a forum rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hope Crystal have 48 hours supply of haribos this time. wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@homers double, Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@red 27, I don't think there's that much snow forecast for Arosa, is there?

Useful to have this thread started so we can all tell our tall tales of heroic efforts at the weekend. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, you've rumbled me... I was getting my heroic effort in early to beat the rush
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Useful to have this thread started so we can all tell our tall tales of heroic efforts at the weekend. wink

Mine will be: I walked to the Spar to panic buy but all the crisps were sold out, so I walked home – I just don't know how I made it through that 4-minute round trip, it was a nightmare.
ski holidays
I may come up with a variation where the snow in town was so deep that I was forced to skin to the Spar.
snow report
@Zero_G, Now your just bragging!! Didnt you have to call piste patrol to blast your roof due to avalanche risk?
ski holidays
PaulC1984, yes but I still had to rapel out of the top floor window because the front door was snowed in.
latest report
@Zero_G, of course, im assuming youve done 378 weeks so far this season too?! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Just saw the first snowflakes on the way back from the bar, went to Super U earlier to stock up on supplies. Could well be on the first lift in the morning
snow conditions
Whilst you're all mocking, can you suggest anything practical we can do to help ourselves?
I'm due into Geneva Friday morning and have booked a transfer, I'll make sure I have drinks and food and a well charged phone, anything else you'd recommend please? I can't postpone travel til Sunday, I'm coming home again on Tuesday!!!
Trying not to fret.......
ski holidays
@hillyhilly, maybe this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lootec-Unisex-Portable-Urinal-Toilet/dp/B004FVHCZQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1422482296&sr=8-4&keywords=urinal+portable&tag=amz07b-21

Nothing like being caught in a 4 hour tailback and regretting having availed yourself of all those drinks you bought for the journey
snow report
@hillyhilly, where are you going? Friday shouldn't be too bad because although there looks like being a lot of snow about, it's a quiet day, transfer-wise - the big rush (start of French school hols) will be on Saturday.

Your transfer vehicle will be equipped for the conditions and at least you won't need to worry about having to grovel in the snow doing snow chains.
latest report
Is not the start of French school holidays one week later?
snow report
Dr. Will wrote:
Is not the start of French school holidays one week later?
correct. that's when we arrive!
snow report
@grazzenger, @Dr. Will, @hillyhilly, yes, sorry, starts 7 February. That's the day I'll be driving back here from the Dolomites - this Saturday is when I drive down there and I had bundled up all my concerns into one day!
ski holidays
this could be interesting....on an overnight drive Friday night with the hope that we hit Vallandry for Breakfast Saturday morning.
snow report
should be OK, @hethbum, though probably not a fast drive. And you've been practising with your snowchains, haven't you? wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks for the reminder @pam w, that's tomorrow nights job although anything can be better than chaining up at 3am to go rescue a muppet friend who had ignored advice which was last years bit of fun
snow conditions
Was snowing lightly when I woke up but stopped for half an hour around 7am. Started up a again shortly thereafter, falling a little more heavily. Based on how much snow is clumped on the trees, it didn't snow particularly heavily last night at valley level.

http://youtube.com/v/JVK9g_h7wnA

Not many lifts open at the moment and visibility is basically zero but we're heading up shortly.
ski holidays
Prepare for the next My 'insert company name' rep was useless thread.
snow report
I am expecting 7 members of our family here this weekend as a big surprise for OH and his big birthday on Sunday. One arriving Friday morning from USA and the other 6 (one only 7 weeks old) about 4 pm into Geneva so fingers crossed that they get here ok - my nerves are a bit strained, and not helped by OH talking about how he hopes they are all ok back in Surrey!! Good luck to all the travellers.
snow report
Quote:

not helped by OH talking about how he hopes they are all ok back in Surrey!!

have to hope he doesn't start phoning them all. He's not a Snowheads reader, presumably?
snow report
Pamski
I can assure him that there is no snow in Surrey sadly - blue skies and sunshine. Although a couple of flakes forecast for tonight. How exciting planning the party. Am sure your OH will be thrilled when the family turn up.
latest report
@pam w,
Quote:
have to hope he doesn't start phoning

we only ever seem to get any of them on mobiles so that should be safe. and no, not on Snowheads.

Quote:

no snow in Surrey

we seemed to get a lot when we lived at the top of a hill in Godalming!
snow conditions
Just taken me 1 1/2hrs to do my normal 12min drive to work!

Why can't people drive in the UK once the snow starts. I don't mean why do they have trouble with grip (thats because they won't believe me when I try and sell them winter tyres); They just refuse to move. One 4x4 was going so slow, I was at tick-over in first gear and STILL having to brake! #pissed-off
latest report
My Daughter is working in La Ros. She's just messaged to say that they're hunkering down for a three day storm, possibly up to 1m in total.
A good time for a edge and wax she's decided. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@adithorp, I drove 15 miles down a winding mountain road in France behind one of those, not that long ago. I am a pretty cautious driver but the speed the guy (or gal) was going was just ridiculous. The back of the car (a Justy I think) was covered in snow. Idiot couldn't have seen out, or he'd have seen Monsieur 73 behind him desperately flashing his lights. The road didn't permit of safe overtaking even for M. 73, so we all went down in stately fashion. I have no objection to his driving slowly but it's basic courtesy to pull over where possible to let people pass - I do that a lot on French country roads, rather than have an impatient frog breathing down my neck.
snow conditions
@Pamski, Having said it was fine in Surrey I now see heavy snow showers forecast this evening about the time my son has outdoor running club - brrrr snowHead
snow report
pam w wrote:
[b] The road didn't permit of safe overtaking even for M. 73,

That must have been some road Shocked Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy