Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the Kitzbuhel pists situation

Poster: A snowHead
we are at Kitzbuhel since sunday.
everything is great except the pists
the potatoe fields in Ireland are looking much better than
here.
if the Kitzbuhel administration knows to take 240 eur per person
they should also give better service!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there 2 weeks ago and there was little snow and the pistes were fine. Its being snowing since Saturday so the pistes have got to have got better
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@parparm, on webcam looks like it will be fresh snow on piste - so do you not want fresh snow on the piste? would like it to bashed with a nice corduroy finish? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
does depend on the type of skiiing you like... corduroy to do some 'racing' type runs or nice fluffy stuff to bounce and mess around in, last week we got both in Italy, although our problem was that during the cold nights they were making snow, so most days we had to ski around large frozen mounds of white stuff
Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know some people who are in Kitzbuhel at the moment and they are having a fabulous time with plenty of fresh snow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm in Saalbach - so in the next valley to Kitzbuhel. It has been snowing here on and off since Saturday and has been chucking it down for the past 24 hours. According to the radio news, most of this area has had heavy snow (over half a metre today so far), with blocked roads and villages cut off. I'd be amazed if it's not the same in Kitzbuhel.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes it did snow heavy today however its not an excuse that there are no snow cats around for the last 3 days to arrange the pists
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
in Kitzbuhel it snowed about 25cm , the roads are open
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@parparm, the pistes are bashed every night when the lifts close. Any fresh snowfall during the day will only get bashed if there's a need for safety reasons. New snow is what most skiers long for, enjoy it!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chucked it down all race weekend didn't it ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@queen, im a skiing for over 20 years, i know when the pistes are bashed and when they aren't..
since i am here in Kitzbuhel since sunday morning, i can tell you that the pistes are not bashed
maybe the drivers are still drunk since the competitions...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fresh snow that hasn't been bashed down - sounds perfect.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@parparm, I'm not sure they'll be reading - you may have complained in the wrong place. Pop down to the Piste Basher garage and...have a word.
Anyway, Austria's rubbish, I'd recommend everyone to go anywhere else.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't know where parparm is skiing, but the skiing in Kitz at the moment is superb. Does he/she expect the bashers out all day ? Next he/she will be complaining that they are and its a hazard because they cant be seen due to the heavy snowfall and bad visibility.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's snowed the last three days...whose to say they were bashed at 8-12pm then during the 8-12hrs post this there may been some snow which is therefore not bashed??

Anyway you should be happy with the nice fresh stuff some people are holidaying in upto this weekend less fortunate countries...
snow report
This is awesome...popcorn at the ready Laughing
latest report
Dear diary
What I did on my ski holiday. The grooming was not quite to my liking on account of the buckets of fresh snow falling, so I retired to the internet cafe to cry about it on the internet.
snow report
@parparm, has identified a significant problem. Kitzbuhel have subcontracted piste bashing to Mick O'Connells Piste and Plough company. As it is indeed the planting season, the boys will be busy for a couple of weeks back home. It was planned for a couple of Leprachauns to stand in, but they've been on the poteen all week. Its all fek'd up but Mrs Brown is on her way over to share the craic with the Taoiseach in field of Clover. Or Barley is more likely for parparm. IMHO OP is a fekin' eejit and rule 7 applies.
snow conditions
Quote:
Day 15: The storm continues unabated. Nearly 10mm of new snow overnight and no bashers in sight. Basil left the safety of the cafe with a party of sherpas in search of skiable terrain three days ago... Today they returned with only his leg, and he'd never travel without it. We continue to wait out this damnable blizzard, but I fear the supply of sticky buns is running low.

- taken from the remains of an unnamed journal written on Starbucks napkins found buried at the base of the Kitzbuhel glacier
ski holidays
Meanwhile in Saalbach (15km as the crow flies from Kitzbuhel) the snowplough that woke me up at 5 a.m has just come past my window for the third time today in order to clear the snow that is still bucketing down. The blizzard has closed most of the resort today and Zwolferkogel-Nord is closed due to the danger of avalanches. Perhaps that is what @parparm, is complaining about - the piste bashers are having trouble keeping the pistes in perfect condition due to all the pesky snow that's been falling for the last 3 days.
ski holidays
@quinton, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Maybe the bashers are all away searching for the punctuation? rolling eyes
snow report
In the sella ronda, the pistes got nicely bumped up later today but the bashers are now out turning the pistes back into boring, challengeless, uninspiring, flat pistes again.
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, Laughing
ski holidays
What's the latest on the Kitzbuhel piste conditions? Hopefully not mash.... I mean mush. I'll be visiting soon snowHead.
snow report
Moist
latest report
Left kitchbull last week, the only basher we saw was on the friday before we left, it was on a perfectly good piste that they had closed so that they could "prepare it for the weekenders" ( locals comment not ours) Slightly cloudy and a bit windy up top and they closed every connecting piste and lift...wouldnt happen in france you know rolling eyes

Had two days of fresh tracks though. Madeye-Smiley

Bad place to go if one of you is a boarder and there's no vis as you may have to walk a bit ( lot)

Had two days of fresh tracks though Laughing

Overall...limited pistes(the blues are green and the reds are blue, the blacks are either purple or very short) good off piste with a guide, more regulated than what I'm used to and great atmosphere due to the WC downhill (which we tried to ski but they wouldn't let us even after a few days) but good holiday because...wait for it...had two days of fresh tracks!

Love skiing!
ski holidays
Sheeeeite, I'm a boarder. Here's hoping then for good vis + no wind..... and freshtrackability!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the only basher we saw was on the friday

but don't they piste at night, when the runs are closed? Seems highly improbable they didn't groom the slopes for a week.
snow report
Exactly, course they do, and also just after the Pistes close.
latest report
They may well bash the pistes at night, but perfectly groomed pistes were still few and far between in the mornings, mind you we weren't really looking for perfectly groomed pistes it has to be said. There didnt seem to be that many people on the mountain which was nice though.

I think they may have spent all their money on heated seats on some of the lifts and forgotten that they deisel for the bashers this year!
latest report
get out of the bed earlier
there is a lot of locals that have finished skiing by the time you get up
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy