Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trois Vallees/La Tania Piste App

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading for La Tania next week, anyone recommend a good Piste map App for the Ipad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The official one done by les3vallees
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crystal updated their Ski Explorer App this year. It is pretty simple but does the basic job of ski tracking, has a reasonable piste map function (with your location marked on the piste map with a blue dot) and a find your friends bit as well. It doesn't rely on data download either so no big roaming bills.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 3 vallees app will show you live info on what lifts are open as well as which runs have been pisted (which is nice when you want a blast down suisse off the first lift when it's just been groomed to within in inch of its life.. It's also got the contact details for most of the mountain restaurants (but not all the last time I used it).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just been browsing through posts. This is useful. Am taking an 8 year old to 3 V next week and need to work out how to get him to Meribel and back to Lania using blues and (maybe) easy reds....not sure if he'll be ok on reds yet. Any thoughts? I've looked so far and it seems more than possible to get into Meribel 1450 on blues, but from there on I'm a bit stuck. I think...Rhodos chair then down blanchot green, then Loze chair but then where? Can't figure out direction if Col De La Loz...possibly leads to Arolles. Blimey! I'll download the app too Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@alyefs, that can be done. Col de la Loze and then snake back around on Arolles. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ta very much Smile @Astraeus, doable then with little guy. Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
3v's app also has a handy help I'm in trouble button, that gives co-ords of where you are and numbers to call depending on the valley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh Thankyou that's very good news. Which is the official app? There seems to be a couple. Now I just to speak to O2 about making sure I don't rack up an enormous bill. I usually switch off my mobile data and rely on wifi when away. Don't suppose there'll be of that up a mountain!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@alyefs, you'd be surprised - some of the lifts have wifi if I remember rightly. You shouldn't need data enabled to use a piste map app though. It will have the map downloaded before you start, and will just use the GPS in your device to get the location and put that on top.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wow, really? So I don't need to organise a data bolt on? That's very cool. Especially seeing as I'll be working as well as skiing. It'll be handy tapping into wifi when I get an idea and need to research it! Thankyou Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
o2 for me anyway, charge 1.99 flat fee per day for data - not sure if it's an addon or not
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
He's I'm O2 as well. What about calls? @Little Martin,
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
no idea off hand, only make a few calls usually or get them, and they are usually quick I'm sure it costs me something, but it's never something I've looked at

If you have wifi in hotel/chalet you could always try tu go (the o2 wifi calling/texts app), I think that avoids roaming costs and just comes out of your allowance
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy