Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sölden/Obergurgl/Hochgurgl 2014/15 - Ötztal (Austria)

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone on the ground and able to provide conditions reports?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got back from Obergurgl yesterday - conditions brilliant.
Saturday was one of best days skiing ever - Bright Sunshine after snow on Friday.
Snowed again on Sat night and Sunday morning, managed to ski yesterday morning before 6.30 flight - works not been great today!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool! bring it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could anyone give an update on Solden? The resort is reporting 290 cm at 3000m & 70 cm at 2500
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any reports on conditions in obergurgl?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The resort is reporting 290 cm at 3000m & 70 cm at 2500

Puzzled sounds odd.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any one in Obergurgl this week.??

We arrive on Saturday Cool

Hopefully it looks promising for some snow to top up between now and then.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hedley, hi, I arrive on Saturday too and am staying for a fortnight . Be good to meet up. The snow forecast on Bergfex is looking pretty good. Very Happy will send you a pm.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Webcams look good this morning Very Happy

Only concern now is being diverted from Innsbruck to Munich on Saturday morning,given the forecast.

As I'm DIY that would not be good Evil or Very Mad

What is the score with that scenario? Does the airline have a duty of care to bus people back to Innsbruck or is it a free for all?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hedley, conditions may be different this year but I've flown into Innsbruck quite a few times in late March over the past few years and never been delayed because of the weather. It's always been really warm with no snow in Innsbruck itself.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kelskii, I know I shouldnt be worried, just trying to cover all bases. I was in Innsbruck in early March and the flight arriving only just got to land apparently? If the visibility was any worse they would have had to divert which would have been a big ballache. wink

Not so bad when your going home but on the inward journey it would be more disruptive IMO.

Still Snowing Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@hedley, I've been diverted a couple of times in my life, both times a bus was provided to take me to the original destination, all be it some what late.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I arrived in Obergurgl on Saturday.

Sunday to Tuesday was very cold and wintry but with regular small top ups, conditions were more like January than April.

Spring came back on Wednesday with wall to wall sunshine but still superb conditions top to bottom.

Only today did it get a bit heavy in the afternoon with more of the same expected tomorrow.

I met up with@Kelskii, for a morning ski. We scratched around trying to find some faces that weren't cruddy and frozen or wind affected and managed to find a couple of north facing lines that were surprisingly good even 36 hrs after the last snow fall.

Thanks@Kelskii,for showing us around some of the area. Nice to meet up and ski together Very Happy

Overall I'm impressed with obergurgl/hoochgurgl and for a late season break it would be high on my list for next year too..

Any one coming out between now and the end of the season is pretty much guaranteed excellent conditions top to bottom.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hedley, hi, great to ski with you. Spring conditions this week, lots of sun. Went on a ski tour up the Hangerer on Saturday with crusty conditions on the way up but perfect snow on the way down. Over the last few days have been skiing the south facing off-piste into Gaisbergtal and Rotmoostal from Hohe Mut with great Foen snow from midday. Back on Saturday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Kelskii, Nice to meet up with a fellow snowHead enjoy the rest of your stay.

Hedley
latest report
@hedley, hi, got back on Saturday and had an excellent second week in spring snow, mostly. The highlight was a ski tour up Leibener Spitze from Hohe Mut. It became very humid towards the end of the week and was snowing when I left but was quite warm so conditions this week are probably heavy but still plenty of snow around and skiing back to the base won't be a problem. May see you there next year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy