Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pressure Point

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads, hope you can help?
On the final day of my last ski trip the small bone on my little toe experienced pressure from my new Solomon Quest Access boots. I forgot all about it until I tried my boots again last night, feeling the exact same pressure point. I’ve pulled out the liners and there seems to be a slight indention from the internal rivet attached to the last outside buckle, exactly in the spot where I experienced the pressure. Is there anything boot modification that can help or am I best to put in some additional padding in that area between shell and line?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JulieW, adding material might work but is most likely going to make the problem area tighter and cause more pressure, shouldn't be a problem for a boot fitter to either push the shell out a little if required or remove the rivet and put in something that doesn't protrude as much
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for quick response CEM.
I'm in Reading, any suggestions on where to go as I'm off in a couple of weeks (conscious I've left it to the last minute and everywhere will be busy now). Alternatively, do you think itwould it be better / okay to wait until in resort if it's a fairly simple thing?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JulieW, try carters 360 in reading
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thx, will do
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JulieW, you could ask if CEM has a slot as he is not too far from you, though appreciate he may be extra busy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JulieW, When I was skiing in Hintertux in November a bloke in the hotel was having real problems with a pressure point in his 2014 Salomon boots (X-Max 120 maybe?).

When we looked at his boots carefully there wasn't anything wrong with the boots, but here happened to be a slightly proud seam in the lining at exactly the wrong place.

I encouraged him to take the boots back and complain, which he duly did. Salomon said they had never come across that problem before but immediately shipped him a replacement pair of 2015 linings (the shell hadn't changed from 2014) and surprise, surprise, that seam had been relocated!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just looked at the liner and don't think it's the seam but was worth checking, thanks. Have spoke to a couple of boot fitters today and they have suggested it might be my insole (super feet green) and where it's placing my toes or too much space causing sliding rather than the rivet? I dont really want to spend loads on customised footbeds as I only ski once a year for a week and my boots weren't mega expensive plus getting a suitable slot with anyone before I go on the 14th proving difficult. It was suggested therefore they I revert back to the original ski footbed and/or make sure my purchased insole is cut down sufficiently. Anyone got any other suggestions or insight?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As already said, inserting padding will only increase loading on your toe. But just a thought, on your last ski trip it seems your boots were OK until the last day? What was different about the last day? Was it perhaps very warm and your foot was moving around more in your boot? Or what?

You need to make time to see a bootfitter.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The ski conditions became more difficult as the week progressed, very slushy snow and I was conscious of having to dig in really hard to control the skis on the last day or two and yes it was warmer.

More than happy to make time to see a boot fitter, and a couple more options to try, but they are clearly very busy doing boot fittings and appointments seem scarce. just wanted a backup plan - I guess that in resort if the basic footbeds dont work One did say it might be difficult to stretch shell if needed as quality of a cheaper boot might make it harder as well. Perhaps I just need to pay the c.£100 for customised footbeds but Im struggling to justify the spend but I know the cost of the whole trip is wasted if skiing not enjoyable, argh!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy