Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Falcade/San Pellegrino lift pass choice and ski bus?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in Falcade in February and trying to decide which lift pass to buy and to work out how much the ski bus is between the areas (or if the bus is included in lift pass prices?)

We were thinking either the Trevalli pass or a 3+3. Its not obvious if 3+3 says 3 days in Trevalli and 3 in the other areas - but does this mean it allows you to ski in Trevalli every day and on 3 days you can also ski in Fiemme/Obereggen or Fassa/Carezza or that you have to ski in the other areas for 3 days?

We are a group of 4 adults, 4 teenagers -mostly intermediate (2 advanced).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not skied in Falcade...but it seems the 2 options there are the local pass for Trevalli or the Dolomiti Superski pass which covers all 12 areas spread all across the Dolomites. The 3+3 pass gives you 3 days Trevalli and 3 days Dolomiti Superski which will also let you ski anywhere including the local Trevalli area. I assume you can choose which days you stray outside the local area.

As to buses, there used to be a free Dolomitistars bus from Falcade to Alleghe (for Civetta ski area) & Malga Ciapela (for the Marmolada cablecar), but it looks as if that isn't running as far as Falcade this year and they are charging for the Alleghe-Malga Ciapela sector. Alleghe & the Civetta would be worth visiting if available.

The buses into Val di Fassa are all listed here...

http://www.fassa.com/EN/Skibus-service/

It seems there is a small charge to use these. Obviously you have to ski over the S Pellegrino pass from Falcade to catch these. It seems line no.7 goes as far as Vigo to the Catinaccio ski area. It looks like you would need to change buses to go further to Carezza or Pampeago/Obereggen.

Catinaccio is quite a small area and I don't know if it would be worth the hassle.

If the bus to Alleghe isn't running, I would be tempted to get the Trevalli pass and just enjoy what's available locally.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that full reply

My husband has spent the afternoon poring over maps and came to the same conclusion... that it might not be worth the extra for the hassle involved in getting to the other resorts - we are not superfit so we don't want to be "ski miles" away from home if there is no easy bus option.

Would you say the Trevalli is big enough for a weeks intermediate skiing...? I think its a bit smaller than the french resorts we've been to recently - Grand Massif, Les Sybelles - we went to Grand Bornand a few years ago and just got the local pass that was just enough... although partly thats because some of the reds were a bit hard for us... looks like Trevalli might be a bit easier?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy