Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bit hairy touring yesterday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been waiting all week for a bluebird day, after not seeing much of the sun Monday through to Thursday.

And Friday as forecast not a cloud in the sky, so headed up to the Galibier sector with the Mrs hoping for more of the same as last Sunday.

On driving up could see that it was totally different terrain to last Sunday with lower slopes heavily affected by the wind.

Where we parked up numerous groups were preparing to depart or already had left, and I did note quite a few slides.

Bulletin was for 2 to 3 and our aspect slopes being better.

As we climbed up did think it was not going to be great for the descent with a nasty crust at times. Further up snow pack looked much better and very promising for the descent as we tracked up much better powder.

The peak in the background is where the ski tourer was killed on New Years eve, you can see some debris towards the bottom, though I was told it was higher up.

Once in descent mode was obvious from the first couple of turns that it was not going to be that easy, and have to admit to going into the back seat quite often rolling eyes

As we were nearing the final third I stopped to assess a route that involved getting a bit of speed up to get on to a traverse, so was not that steep, if anything was to go would have expected it to be higher up but as you can see it was lower down. Did worry about the dogs, one who followed in my tracks quite soon after!

Then further down came across this, and that was not there when we went up, and interesting to see where and how it was loaded, and again not that steep.

Once we were down also spotted a few others that had occurred.

It's another sunny day today and being the weekend would imagine many tourers coming up from the big towns, and it's far windier today as we can see the snow being whipped up off the ridges, just hope everyone will be safe.

Here is a vid I produced of yesterday very much focusing on the dogs.

http://youtube.com/v/1znkg0CcPEQ
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice report, Hairy indeed. What did the local avi report say?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@waynos, fifth line down..............

Just spoke to a friend in LG who's hubby is a guide talking through yesterday and she said one woman's been killed in the Nevache sector and a group of 8 were caught in a slide in Puy St Vincent, and all were ok.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We loved this. They are great dogs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great report! Love the dogs, do you have beacons on them?!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And not so nice Sad

Would seem that not all the information that I was given was correct.

http://www.stylealtitude.com/newsandblog/2015/01/24/fatal-avalanche-in-puy-st-vincent/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice vid but bad news from PstV
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Robsaan wrote:
Great report! Love the dogs, do you have beacons on them?!

Maybe this is what @Weathercam, needs
https://www.icicle-mountaineering.ltd.uk/icicleshop%2Bavalanche.html
Last item on the bottom right of the page. Note the safety information.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam wrote:

It's another sunny day today and being the weekend would imagine many tourers coming up from the big towns, and it's far windier today as we can see the snow being whipped up off the ridges, just hope everyone will be safe...........

Not good news I'm afraid six killed in the Queyras in one incident
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When the snow gets deeper do the dogs have to wear snow shoes and a snorkel wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More doggy action from DPS. there's a cat as well:
The Shadow Campaign // Sun Dog from DPS SKIS
http://vimeo.com/111085476
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy