Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying my own ski boots finally

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have finally convinced myself that I deserve a pair of my own ski boots rather than renting all the time.
My nearest outlet is Snow and Rock so will be going there.
My query is regarding foot beds. Are they essential?
Also, Snow and Rock champion their Conform'able range of Custom moulded foot-bed, priced at £60-75. Any views on whether they are worth this or not?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skiingsteve, where you based , some very good independent boot fitters dotted around the country for that all important fitting , i would suggest custom footbeds to be very important and when spending 70-100 quid you want them done right
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How long is a piece of string?, it's all a very individual thing, you may be lucky to have very "standard" feet which is possibly the case if you have been ok with hire boots for so long. Think carefully about what has been "wrong" with hire boots in the past and this will help the fitter to know how to help you but try lots of pairs on regardless.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've owned my own ski boots for about 20 years and in that time I've had some occasions of cramp in my toes. My boots have never been tight so I never put it down to the boots. I just thought it was me who was unfit.

This season I decided to have some fitted and went to Elliis Brigham at Xscape. It turned out my feet are very unusual in shape and they recommended having the custom moulds (classic upselling I thought). However after a wonderful week in Zell am See, during which I had my 5 year old skiing between my legs for the 1st 3 days, I can honestly say that I never gave my boots a second thought. They were just SO comfortable.

So I'm completely converted. Spend the extra few quid and you'll reap the benefits for years to come.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife got custom footbeds made in Hinterglemm this year which made a huge difference.
Though they cost nearer £20 - not sure what the extra £40 for the UK ones is but these involved a number of machines and heating and took about 1/2 hour to make...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skiingsteve, Where are you based?

@Leonard Smalls, Footbeds can be off the shelf at 20 quid or more and customs might be 100 or more depending on that is done.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ Dabber
@ scooby simon

Live near Chertsey in Surrey, hence familiar with Snow and Rock.
Are there any other fitters youcan recommend who are local?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skiingsteve, we've bought from there. Highly recommend them, always have footbeds too. Well worth the money! my snow and Rock footbeds are now in a pair of salomons I bought at Two Seasons in Kingston, in their sale though.... Have you tried them too?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski Fit in Kings Road, a bit of a schlep for you but it'll be worth it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy