Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1600 group snowboard lessons???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We'll be staying from this weekend 24th to 31st and I'm looking to book my wife into group snowboard lessons.

So far I had a chat with ESF who at the end said I needed to confirm 4 people for the booking, so that's not a group lesson then that's me providing a group for a large private lesson.
Or do they do group lessons you can put individuals into and got the wrong end of the stick?

Crystal who we're booked via have said they use Evolution 2 but haven't provided any further details, emailing them back and fourth is painful and the evolution 2 site doesn't talk about group lessons.

We just want group snowboard lessons for the week that my wife can join at Arc 1600, any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Spod, it's out of season so ski schools won't guarantee to run group lessons without a certain number of people.

Quote:

that's not a group lesson then that's me providing a group for a large private lesson

not really, it'd be you providing a very fortunate group who would be paying for a group lesson but actually getting nearer a private lesson.

Why not telephone Evo 2?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They're kind of losing business though, I'm not going to book the lessons now as private lessons for the week are astronomical but like me there's probably others in the same boat and between us ESF would end up with a full group if we booked individually.

Evolution 2 have no mention of group lessons so I guess Crystal are filling this gap by booking these 'group private' lessons and throwing people together. I'm waiting on a reply from Crystal and have contacted Evolution 2.
In the meantime I found this http://welove2ski.com/crystal-ski-hosting which might be why things are getting prickly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

They're kind of losing business though, I'm not going to book the lessons now as private lessons for the week are astronomical but like me there's probably others in the same boat and between us ESF would end up with a full group if we booked individually.

I have booked people onto group lessons several times and on one occasion my two teenage visitors were in beginner group lessons with a top instructor with one other woman, who was useless and gave up after day 1, leaving them in a group of two all week. Great for them, but pretty rubbish for the ski school. Laughing And that was Christmas.

I did a XC ski lesson at new year 2014 and was one of three - ESF - I'm sure they were hoping to get more. There's absolutely no guarantee that they'd "end up with a full group" - they do know their business and customers for group snowboard lessons for adults are not that common. I see loads of lessons out on the slopes, at all times of the season, and groups of adult snowboarders are unusual. They are usually "ados".

(Actually, my experience of snowboard lessons with French instructors (private) are that they are not necessarily very good, being skiers first and foremost; I was taught to steer with shoulders\arms whereas the better way is to steer with feet. Evo 2 might be better).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, I'll see what Crystal/Evolution 2 come back with.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy