Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl. Best bits. Talk to me!

Poster: A snowHead
LOVING Ischgl!! Skiing is fab, and it's been snowing all day.

Apres-wise we went to the Kuhstall yesterday and heading to the Trofana Alm today. Will report back!!

The home run is horrible. Did it earlier today and the last bit is carnage! We did the Duty Free run yesterday, lovely run.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh and 7a is open and very nice!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh and we went in the Schatzi bar with the dancing girls and thought it was a bit crap....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dazman, The Nevada is on the eastern side of the village which is where you enter the village from. Yes it does have its own apres ski bar - I've been in it many times. However, it is isn't the busiest, busy yes, but not heaving, still like it though. Interestingly, Sky Sports is apparently available in the main hotel bar but I've never checked to see if its true. You are near to the new lift. Turn right, past the Billa supermarket and its up ahead of you. As for Moosewirt equivalents, Nikis Stadl and the Kitzloch both paly the kind of music you are after and both are busy. They're also very close to your hotel. They're much smaller than the Mooserwirt though but great fun. In the Kitzloch, if there are a few of you, you can ask to reserve a table for the following night. The largest is the Trofana Alm, restaurant during the day and in the evening but big apres ski party. Its spread over two floors, the first floor being a mezzanine from which you can look down on the people dancing below. The DJ is situated at one end of the mezzanine. There are seats outside as well and you often get people partying on the balcony. Its very large and very, very busy. If you want to get a table to dance on you need to get there early. Its at the opposite end of town from you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Corky, trofana alm is brill tho Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@HoneyBunny, Glad you are having a good time!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HoneyBunny wrote:
Oh and we went in the Schatzi bar with the dancing girls and thought it was a bit crap....

from youtube I thought schatzi looked a bit council
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Best apres so far has been the Kitzloch. Although there were a bunch of wasted Danes who ordered several massive trays of 100 shots then took all their clothes off!

Trofana Alm is good too. Today we are going to find some bar up the mountain which is meant to be good.

Skiing has been brilliant but it's SO busy. We've sacked off the home run every day and done it earlier then got the bubble down at 4 ish.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Best apres so far has been the Kitzloch. Although there were a bunch of wasted Danes who ordered several massive trays of 100 shots then took all their clothes off!

Trofana Alm is good too. Today we are going to find some bar up the mountain which is meant to be good.

Skiing has been brilliant but it's SO busy. We've sacked off the home run every day and done it earlier then got the bubble down at 4 ish.

Is that bar the paznauner thaya ? How busy is it, half term busy everywhere or just the main runs ? Galtur is only a ten minute bus ride away and I found it much quieter but it was a white out day when I went but lots of side piste fun to be had.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah the Paznauner. We didn't make it in the end, we kept skiing as it was so nice.

All the main runs are busy. Today a lot is shut because it's windy, but the 1a is lovely, even the steep bit at the bottom.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did you stay at the Kitzloch for food (apres ends at 7:30/re-opens as a restaurant at 8:00 but if you ask for a table when they are chucking out they let you sit at the bar) - the ribs are legendary (to the point you'll notice 99% of the people in there are ordering the ribs).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes we did stay there for food, it was lovely.

Ok I need your help. What is the name of that daft trumpet song you jump up and down to?? Such a laugh!

Waiting for the coach home now after an awesome week. Yesterday was fabulous - sunny weather and much quieter.

It's just started snowing again. Anyone coming this week will have great conditions.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bye bye HoneyBunny have a safe trip home.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HoneyBunny, glad you enjoyed Ischgl. Shame you didn't like the home run wink it is a bit like survival of the fittest.

Ill be there in 4 weeks on our annual boys trip can't wait again.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hedley, 'home run' indeed! I know what you mean......if I have to trip that way it's always first thing in the morning when there is no one else about Very Happy
ski holidays
hedley wrote:
@HoneyBunny, glad you enjoyed Ischgl. Shame you didn't like the home run wink it is a bit like survival of the fittest.

Ill be there in 4 weeks on our annual boys trip can't wait again.
It's not too bad, there are a lot on it though that really aren't fit for it, just avoid them and keep going,
snow report
@biddpyat, doesn't bother me as I'm pretty used to it Very Happy

So many tired skiers with jelly legs on the last run home Laughing
ski holidays
It was so crowded it looked like the M25! I hate skiing on busy runs, and I also hate icy busy runs!! It was lovely earlier in the day though, even the steep bit at the end.

The silly trumpet song was this:

http://youtube.com/v/SBxXp8wQmeg

Such a laugh! Enjoyed the conga through the kitchen to Per Spoor as well.

Apres bars visited were: Trofana Alm, Kitzloch, Schatzi (didn't stay long, too blokey), Kuhstall, Kafer Alm (didn't stay long, too blokey) - best were Kitzloch & Trofana Alm. We did pop into the Paznauner Thaya for a gluwein too.

Evenings were Fire & Ice, Niki's Stadl, Golden Eagle, Pacha and some other place I can't remember!!

Skiing was great, the Duty Free run was nice and the runs over the Paznauner side were fun. It was busier than we're used to though, so many more people there than I expected.

Highly recommend Ischgl, especially for party animals. There looked to be loads of easily-accessible off piste as well, and it wasn't tracked out quickly.
snow conditions
dazman wrote:
I've seen plenty of bar reviews in this thread but I'm looking for a direct replacement....a surrogate table to fall off or an adoptive DJ Gerhard if you will.

Sounds like you're looking for the Kitzloch - where it's DJ Boris Smile
snow report
I'd say the Trofana Alm was more like the Mooserwirt as it's on two levels with a balcony, and bigger than the Kitzloch. However we did prefer the Kitzloch, it just gets it spot on. Lots of "ice bear" pics were also taken - they have to play it twice to give him time to get round everyone!
latest report
@HoneyBunny, @Mjit, This is all excellent news!!....thanks folks!
snow conditions
Off on Sunday and can't wait! But now I've read all HoneyBunny's posts I'm not sure which Apres to go to - just have to sacrifice my liver and try to work through all of them!
Thanks for all the interesting and informative posts on this thread
ski holidays
@grwmartin1, good luck!
snow conditions
Anyone else going to be in Ischgl week commending 29th Mar? Never been and just thinking of booking up.
ski holidays
grwmartin1 wrote:
Off on Sunday and can't wait! But now I've read all HoneyBunny's posts I'm not sure which Apres to go to - just have to sacrifice my liver and try to work through all of them!
Thanks for all the interesting and informative posts on this thread

Unlike a lot of resorts Ischgl isn't about staying in or going out to the/one of the 3 apres ski bars, it's all about never staying in and going out to as many apres ski bars as you can find! The town's not too big so each evening just pick an area and head out. Like the bar you're in at the end of the first beer? Stay for another. Don't like the bar you're in at the end of the first beer? Try the next - it's probably next door!
snow conditions
Good advice!
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Anyone else going to be in Ischgl week commending 29th Mar? Never been and just thinking of booking up.

Outside the main part of the season (seems to be up to middle of March in Ischgl) things get a noticeably quieter, which takes the edge off the apres ski party but means the slopes are all yours.
snow conditions
@grwmartin1, Have a great time. Unfortunately I am unable to go this year for the frist time in many as ny health hasn't been good lately and I've been advised by my Doctor to have a break from it. As for Apres Ski the world is your oyster. You'' be spolit for choice. Forget what people say about St. Anton Ischgl has the best Apres Skiing in the world.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mjit wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

Outside the main part of the season (seems to be up to middle of March in Ischgl) things get a noticeably quieter, which takes the edge off the apres ski party but means the slopes are all yours.

Sounds alright to me
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

Am here every week.

Just do it!

Had a free half day today, so spent much of it blasting around on and off piste. Snow/weather conditions were excellent today. Not many people skiing though.
snow conditions
@mayr, cool. Maybe we can meet up while I'm there then?
latest report
Anyone stayed at in the chalet Zita with Ski Total before? Seems in a good spot.
snow report
Two of our party were staying there, they weren't overly impressed. Book the Abendrot if you can, it's lovely. Highly recommend it.

The apres is certainly rocking. However it seems to start a bit later than other Austrian resorts. People seem to pop back, get changed and really party from 4.30-5 until 7.15.

Just try everywhere! I've never known anywhere with so many packed apres bars.
latest report
@HoneyBunny, what didn't they like about it?
I don't think the place you mentioned is available that week.
latest report
@HoneyBunny, did all the football-shirt wearing Bavarian stag parties get on your nerves?

It's the one downside with Ischgl
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, I don't know, they didn't like the food but they're probably just fussy and one said his room was small. I'm sure it's fine. It's just not as nice as the much newer Abendrot.

@red 27, I didn't see any stag parties! The 'worst' thing we saw was the 15 Danish lads who ordered 1000 Flugel shots (66 each!!?) in the Kitzloch and smashed all the glasses afterwards and took all their clothes off to 'You can leave your hat on' (I think the DJ was egging them on TBH).

Good laugh, glad I went to Ischgl at last to see what the fuss is about. Worth it.
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, drop me a pm nearer the time
latest report
@mayr, will do
snow conditions
HoneyBunny wrote:
@red 27, I didn't see any stag parties! The 'worst' thing we saw was the 15 Danish lads who ordered 1000 Flugel shots (66 each!!?) in the Kitzloch and smashed all the glasses afterwards...

Seen someone stand up just as 'Lurch' was fighting his way throught the crowd with 2 huge trays of beer, one on top the other. Spectacular to say the least.
latest report
@mayr, Just thought I would ask you seeing your in Tirol, in a few bars, ( not so much in ischgl) we noticed that couples will get up and do this swing type dance, not quite jiving but dance close together then he spins her around and around, in and out, looks pretty cool, and it's not too hard to do in ski boots, ( cos I was forced to do it), what do they call that? or has it a name, all the Austrians and Germans seem to dance like that. ( wish I could explain it now) rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy