Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl. Best bits. Talk to me!

Poster: A snowHead
Wow, just read this whole thread! Always wanted to ski Ishgl and just booked flights into Munich on the 8th April 2017, leaving on the 12th April.

A few quick questions, we'd like a reasonable hotel close to lifts, but not in the middle of the apres ski scene - seems the Hotel Nevada was recommended in this thread and seems to meet our needs. Is it still a recommended place to stay?

Assuming I hire a car, then my flight home is 10pm, so I'm working on skiing til about 3pmish, dash back to hotel, shower and on the road by 4pm latest. It looks like 3 hours to Munich airport, so I'd get there at 7pm. Do those timings seem about right?

cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not stayed there but past, but not too far past all the apres bars around the Fimba' and Pardat' gondolas so should be an easy morning walk and not too quite. Only down sides to that location are the red home tends to be a huge mogal field by the end of the day (but keep left and it's usually fine or gondola down) and it could be hard to avoid 'a quick drink' at (each of) the bars between the snow and hotel Smile

Only issue I can see with your homeward plan is you may have to check out of the hotel in the morning so not have shower access. Most hotels seem happy for you to leave bags somewhere (at own risk obviously) and you can shower when you get home!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You won't do Ischgl to Munich Airport in 3 hours. Minimum 3 1/2 hours and dropping car hire off etc you should allow at least 4 hours in my opinion. As it's midweek you should be fine with those timings.

I don't agree with Mjit. Every hotel in Ischgl will allow you to store your bags and use their wellness facilities to shower and change after skiing.

The Nevada is a very easy walk to the lifts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shatzi Bar
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mjit, cheers, red mogul field sounds fun, hopefully not as bad a very icy Strief/iteinary I did last March into Kitzbuhel!!

@downhillalltheway, thanks for the point re timings.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bhs1922 wrote:
Shatzi Bar

REALLY?

Possibly our least-favourite bar (in a fight with the Trofana Alm). OK, quite nice to sit outside for a warm-up beer while watching the home run carnage opposite but other than that just a sausage fest. So many better bars in town.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mjit, Don't know what you mean?

@kitenski, Why not go to the other end out by or just past the Silvretta? Sufficiently away from the hard (ahem) apres madness pictured above) but close enough to venture up there if you want to observe. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand wrote:

@kitenski, Why not go to the other end out by or just past the Silvretta? Sufficiently away from the hard (ahem) apres madness pictured above) but close enough to venture up there if you want to observe. Toofy Grin

Any suggested hotels?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, We didn't stay in a hotel but had a self-catering apartment across the road (and up a hill) - Haus Brandhof, so can't recommend any sorry but there are lots of hotels around the Silvretta and I'd be surprised if there were any crap ones.

However, we had a great time and can't wait to go back there.

ps there is a quiet pub (Eagle & Child) on Dorfstrasse between Silvretta and the travellator if that's what you fancy.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@halfhand, unless I read this wrong isn't the Silvretta lift busier in the morning hence I was thinking of staying closer to the Pardatschgratbahn lift?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, yep, Silvretta is busier than other two lifts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kitenski Not sure what your budget is ??? Both are walk out your door to the Silvrettabahn lift , my friends stayed here

http://www.ferienglueck.at/en/welcome.html

Me and my brother stayed here for nearly half the price

http://www.gidishof.com/en1/gidishof-in-ischgl/#

Obviously where my friends stayed was more modern and more facility's but i would not hesitate to stay in either .
I think my friends allowed them to book only the 5 days we needed ,which is unusual but i had to book the whole week
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
@halfhand, unless I read this wrong isn't the Silvretta lift busier in the morning hence I was thinking of staying closer to the Pardatschgratbahn lift?

We only went up the mountain from the Silvretta as it was the closest to the digs. Yes there were queues in the morning but no more than 5 - 10mins for us. No hardship really.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We stayed at the Hotel Vista Allegra last year and loved it. Convenient walk to the lifts, nice rooms (especially on the 3rd floor), truly amazing food. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608670-d497777-Reviews-Hotel_Vista_Allegra-Ischgl_Tirol_Austrian_Alps.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not stayed in the Nevada but have eaten well in there. It has it's own Apres Ski bar, the Nevada Alm, but it's not as large as some of the other bars close by. Difficult to recommend accommodation as there is so much of it but you'd be hard pushed to fin a place that wasn't acceptable unless you're particularly fussy. You'd be cutting it fine leaving three hours to Munich.
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
bhs1922 wrote:
Shatzi Bar

REALLY?

Possibly our least-favourite bar (in a fight with the Trofana Alm). OK, quite nice to sit outside for a warm-up beer while watching the home run carnage opposite but other than that just a sausage fest. So many better bars in town.

Agreed! The Kitzloch is where it's at..

For accommodation, have a look at Ski Total's places - they've got three now. We REALLY liked the Abendrot.

http://www.skitotal.com/resorts/ischgl/

And yay for my thread being bumped! \o/
snow report
kitenski wrote:

Unless you're staying to the south west of the Silvretta I'd always recommend ignoring it in the mornings and 'walking' (standing on the travellator) over to the Fimbabahn.

The Fimba is the oldest (2007 I think) of the 3 gondolas up to the snow and everyone seems to get drawn to the shiny, new Silvretta/Pardatschgrat ones. This is great because it means it has the shortest queues in the morning - and taking a lift/standing on a travelator to get there is hardly taking!

All this Ischgl talk - must remember to phone up and book next year's Ischgl trip this evening...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy