Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl. Best bits. Talk to me!

Poster: A snowHead
This time last week I was eating half a roast chicken at Alp Bella Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
People were doing this yesterday and today also wink

Always nice skiing along there, smelling the chicken well before arriving at the restaurant.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Leaving your skis on the racks at Idalp in the afternoon is a risk. My Dad had his pair of brand new atomic hire skis stolen. In the afternoon there are so many people riding the lift down from Idalp carrying their skis that thieves don't get a second glance.
Think about it.
The police said it was so common, they spent all day filling out insurance claim forms and most skis were stolen to order for hire shops in much smaller resorts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@anarski, I am not sure it is the big problem you make it out to be.
If you leave your skis in the racks and they go walkies, it is probably more a case of someone taking the wrong skis by accident or while under the influence.
Lockable ski racks are available, and just like anywhere else, if you have desirable skis (rental or owned) then mix them with someone else in your group/party.
There is also the ski depot to store your skis and boots.
Or of course you can take them down with you back to your hotel/accommodation....like so many other people do.
Just like in the UK, the Police spend all day doing 'paperwork' .... I suspect they don't here in Austria and to back my theory up I saw a female police officer standing in a car park for at least an hour today and she didn't fill out any paperwork in all the time I watched her. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why were you watching a policewoman in a car park for an hour? Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
She looked hot wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what are the conditons like please?

thinking of an early April trip.

thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm hoping the conditions are good as I'm off there on 29th for a week. Think there is snow forecast next week.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So often this season forecast snow does not arrive in the quantity predicted.
Today it is a colder, the sun is a little obscured by some light cloud.
Snow conditions remain excellent on piste. Off piste snow is as you would expect having had now fresh for number of days.
Ischgl is surprisingly busy considering it is not a peak week, this is probably as a result of amazingly sunny weather.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mayr, sounds good to me and no matter what will be better than my last two trips in December and January. Can't wait Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
See you at the end of the month then!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would be good to meet up with some new people.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am not new.....I am quite old wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Only a week and a bit until I depart for Ischgl. Can anyone recommend any lunch places with nice big portions or is it pretty good everywhere on the mountain? Anywhere to avoid?
snow conditions
everywhere I was on the mountain was excellent. remember and try the knodel. Also the fact most of the toilets are very clean make for a nice experience.
panorama at idalp is good.
Alpenhaus is lovely sitting out the back on the terrace.
pardorama great as well.
schwarzwand, is only ok.. but that's just comparing it to the rest.
Hollboden was good also
Sattel has an amazing view but it is in CH so everything is a euro more expensive minimum.
snow report
Alp Bella, over on the far left of the map in Switzerland (on run #66 down from the top of the N2 chair) - It's just rotisserie roast chicken, salad and a bread roll but by god it's good! We only had it for lunch 3 times in a week... Very Happy
snow report
Follow your nose wink
snow conditions
@Mjit, You can get it with chips if you sit inside.
snow conditions
Thanks everyone some great suggestions there.
latest report
'CHIPS'! We don't have such chavy things here....'Pommes' please Little Angel
latest report
Corky wrote:
@Mjit, You can get it with chips if you sit inside.

Yea, we did that on the Sunday because they were only serving inside. It felt wrong though and sitting outside it just meant something else to get cold - not a problem with the salad and roll where you just destroy the chicken, then mop-up with the salad and bread.
snow conditions
Just to say that having spent a week in Ishgl (for the first time) this season, it really is one of my favourite resorts. Perhaps we were spoiled by a week of fresh snow, but the combination of prices, low cost compared to France, good skiing including some great off-piste, and comparative lack of crowds to St Anton have made it a place I intend to visit every year, instead of the usual trip to the three valleys.

Great place. Only wrinkle was some rather racist Austrian inbreds commenting on my colour in a gondola (not realising that my German is half decent and my friend Jake's fluent, so we understood their bigotry). Aside from this unpleasantness, the people in resort were great.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 20-03-15 14:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
double post.
snow report
@Harry Flashman,
Quote:

Only wrinkle was some rather racist Austrian inbreds commenting on my colour in a gondola (not realising that my German is half decent and my friend Jake's fluent, so we understood their bogotry).

yuk
But glad you had a good time.
ski holidays
Harry Flashman wrote:
Just to say that having spent a week in Ishgl (for the first time) this season, it really is one of my favourite resorts. Perhaps we were spoiled by a week of fresh snow, but the combination of prices, low cost compared to France, good skiing including some great off-piste, and comparative lack of crowds to St Anton have made it a place I intend to visit every year, instead of the usual trip to the three valleys.

Great place. Only wrinkle was some rather racist Austrian inbreds commenting on my colour in a gondola (not realising that my German is half decent and my friend Jake's fluent, so we understood their bigotry). Aside from this unpleasantness, the people in resort were great.

Sorry to hear that. Equality and diversity isnt really grasped by too many here yet.
snow report
Looking a bit snowy on the webcams this afternoon.
latest report
Bit snowy looking out of my window too Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mayr, has there been much snow this afternoon? Is it still snowing now?
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5,

Sprinkling this morning, more this afternoon. I am now at 1485m, so just a little foggy here, but I suspect up the mountain there will be more Very Happy

Is it next weekend you are here?
snow conditions
Yes I depart on 29th.
ski holidays
Maybe we have a snowy week coming this week which may freshen it all up again. Skiing was on granite like ice yesterday morning here.
latest report
@mayr, yes I think it will be a bit snowy this next week which like you say will freshen things up a bit and some cooler temperatures too.
snow conditions
A few inches of new snow today
Lots of cloud am sun after lunch though
Lots of bumps by pm today
Some soft bits below mid station but otherwisi v good Very Happy
snow report
@Garfield, yay
ski holidays
Looks like a fair bit of snow is coming on the weekend which doesn't seem to be shifting off the forecast.
snow conditions
Ski show is worth going to sede if its on when you are here
Best bit did not involve skiing Shocked
No snow yet today best bet for any volume stil forcast for Sat or Sun
Skiing good today on Austrian side but low cloud on Swiss side, light went very flat after about 1:30
Hud some refreshments off for a sauna next then food / vino. Very Happy
snow conditions
@Garfield, there is snow forecast for Sat and Sun but the bulk of it seems to have shifted to Tuesday next week now. All very unpredictable. I think it will end up a nice week either way next week.
snow conditions
Really enjoyed Ischgl last week. It snowed a lot more or less every day which gave brilliant conditions everywhere but also high winds to boot so most of the ski area was closed for the first half of the week for safety reasons.
Despite this I had a brilliant time. Had one of my best powder days in 42 weeks skiing in Galtur last Thursday. As others have said all the restaurants are good quality, I liked Alpenhaus, Pardorama and Idalp and the toilets were all very nice everywhere I'd been to, as someone else said it just makes eating out so much nicer when the facilities available are good spacious and clean. The only one I went to which was smelly and horrible (and no soap in either dispenser urgh) was at the Flucthornalm in Galtur. Wasn't that impressed with the food either so what with the minging toilets as well I wouldn't go there again. Especially with so many delightful places to go to instead.
I skied the red 80 down to Samnaun once it had opened eventually on the last day, that was a nice long red. The Smugglers Restaurant at the bottom was lovely and had one of the best meals of the week in there. Had several germknodel during the week just to sample them from different places. I really enjoyed the skiing over on the right hand side of the piste map, reds 40, 38, etc-brilliant skiing. There were mostly moguls everywhere on the mountain even down the blues what with the large amount of snow that had fallen but that suited me as I like moguls anyway and they were nice soft ones.

I enjoyed it so much last week I'm just looking into going back there over Christmas and New Year as there was so much I didn't ski or see. I was delighted on returning my lift pass that I was presented with a 1 day ski pass free to use next season due to the lift closures earlier in the week. Never had that anywhere else! That was brilliant.

Any other Snowheads likely to be in Ischgl this Christmas 2015 and/or New Year?
latest report
Glad you had a great time! I was impressed with the loos as well, much nicer than French ones (sorry France).

How was Chalet Zita? Did you enjoy the apres too?

I'd love to go back but I have a wedding to save for...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy