Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz last weekend with Gravite

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After considering a weekend away and looking out for good early snow, I found a link on Snowheads at www.gravite.co.uk for a catered chalet that sounded just right for a quick getaway or even longer. I chose to go alone when a mate pulled out and I can't praise Dave and his wife Sam at Gravite highly enough for their warm hospitality and kindness. Great food, excellent location and a lovely chalet. They couldn't do enough for me. As for the snow? Amazing. The weather? Generally great. The resort? A major surprise...........good variation, challenging for every sort of skier and charming too, with enough life to satisfy all but serious party people!

I don't normally do endorsements but if anyone deserves to succeed in following their dream and making a business out of it then it's Dave and Sue Pentin at Gravite. And as felow Snowheads, we should keep it in the family. If you haven't considered La Clusaz, then do so. You'll be surprised, as I was. It's easy access to Geneva (just over an hour) is a plus and having been to Morzine, La Clusaz is better all-round and when you add the satellite resort of Grand Bornand, there's more skiing than you can shake a pole at.

I left feeling totally skied out and impressed with everything. Next time I'll actually get fit before I go! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mikehall58, Sounds like a great holiday. Ive always fancied a trip to La Clusaz and Gravite will certainly be on the list. Thanks for the report.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty, it took me by surprise! As did the gradient of some of the reds!!!! Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I once managed to ski off the side of a piste in La Clusaz the only problem was there was a 40m drop to a track going down the mountain, which I just managed to stop myself on as the drop the other side was even greater. Survived with quite a few bruises and several rips in my clothing from the rocks I hit on the way down. The closest call I have had in 30yrs skiing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mikehall58, I'm off to ST Jean de Sixt with skiweekender/karibuni so will be in the La Clusaz/Le Grand Bournand area for four days. I would have given Gravite a try but they hadn't made it on to snowheads by the time I had booked. They are on my favourites list now though.

Do you have any reccomendations on runs and lunch stops or places to definitely avoid. I'm boarding and I've heard a rumour that there are a lot of drags out there is this true?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ashton, I'm not an expert, but from what I saw and experienced, the runs at La Balme will be good for you and those at L'etale. Check out a piste map asap. Elsewhere, yes, there are a few drags but the good skiing and nice area outweigh this. I was told by Dave at Gravite that Grand Bornand was good too and based in St Jean you're well placed for reaching both by car or ski bus. St Jean looks nice although you won't be 'on the slopes' as such. Have a good one. I'm sure you will. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy