Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage weight on thomas cook flight?

Poster: A snowHead
Well 2 sleeps left before I go and hit the brown slopes of L2A Sad

To TRY and get in the mood I've got my skis out.

We have paid for 1 lot of ski carriage.

Does anyone know what the weight limit of that bag is.

I'm hoping it is at least 15kg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fairly sure it's 15kg - definitely rings a bell when I flew with them last year!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have never had a ski bag weighed yet, and it is always over weight.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
15 KG's on my flight Manchester to Turin. I believe you can take your boots in a separate bag.

Weight I'd be interested to hear if weight is ever checked, I was going to try and get away with just carry on plus ski bag. Not for penny pinching just having a ruck sack, suit case/big bag plus ski bag when you're on your own is an @rse.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
15kg on my flight. If you booked a double bag you get 20kg
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On my recent Thomson flight the ski carriage limit was 15kg. That was only for the ski bag though, boot bags were counted as hold luggage and included in the 20kg per person weight limit for that. With no restriction on the number of bags that was no problem for us. Between the 4 of us we had 2 large suitcases, one small suitcase and 2 boot bags checked and were well under the 80kg combined limit (and glad we didn't take more given the shenanigans we'd to subsequently go through at the airport and on the transfer).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is 15Kg. We flew to Lleida-Alguaire (went to Soldeu) with Thomas Cook over new year and the guy on the check in desk rang up to check the weight limit of skis. He also asked us how many pairs of skis we had in the bag, which is the first time we have ever been asked. We said one pair plus boots etc (in actual fact there were two pairs but keep that between you and me!). We weren't asked coming back. The just weighed the skis and checked them in.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So they do weigh them at times? I only plan to take one set of skis, don't recall getting the option of upgrading of a double bag. Might sling my skis in the bag and check the weight this weekend..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Two pairs of skis and a few bits and bobs also thrown into the bag came to just under 15kg so we were ok.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if you have a single set of skis it is 15kg so you can fill the bag with clothes etc don't think they allow boots. if you have a double ski bag the bag is only aloud to contain the 2 pair of skis.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Always had ours weighed whilst they tag them, then trundle them down to outsize baggage where ether just take them off you, no more checks - and we always make the most of the extra allowance we have paid for with hoodies, tshirts and so on.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just checked in a ski bag with Thomas Cook at Manchester. Paid for one pair, two pairs in the bag, flashed up 18.2kg on the scales. No problem. Bless them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm, maybe shouldn't be posting this publicly, could blow it for everyone?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sequoiaboard,

+1
snow conditions
Just thru Turin airport .. Manchester had attached red ticket saying " do not load, refer to dispatcher " to our ski box ,,... Two pairs of skis and a pair of slippers in it... Still got it but does make you think Puzzled
ski holidays
As I've nothing better to do while waiting for my flight I can report I got my ski bag through weighing a whopping 20 and something kilos Toofy Grin

I saw someone having to empty some stuff out so suspect it's luck of the draw who you get on the check in desk. Decided to chance it as worst case my car was only a minute away and could have done some swapping.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy