Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets / Morzine Ski School - help, please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone!

We're travelling out to Les Gets with friends on 18th Jan for a week, and wonder if anybody has recommendations for ski lessons?

We are 3 adults, confident on reds and some blacks, wanting to improve on piste and maybe try some off-piste (if there is any with the conditions at the mo...?!)

We thought a good plan would be a whole day private lesson, as this seems the most economical way forwards and would be guaranteed just our own 3 in the group. We liked the look of LGS, who have all English instructors, but they can only offer 2 hour sessions that week as they are booked up.

The Snow School in Morzine have a full day on offer, and they say it will be with an English-speaking instructor, and is affordable, but we can't find any reviews on their lessons.

Can anybody recommend them, (or not?!), or recommend other schools/lesson structures that you think would be appropriate?

Our last lessons were 2 holidays ago, with an 'English speaking' instructor, who really couldn't speak very good English at all, and we did find that it spoiled the lesson as a result and has put us off a bit.

Any advice / info would be appreciated!

Big thanks snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.billski.co.uk/index.html

Did a whole day private lesson with Billy before, for 4 girls, working on improving general technique, and going off piste. Great day and I'd highly recommend them. You can choose any starting point you want in the Portes du Soleil if booking a private all day session as I recall.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glenn Wellesley - Ski with Ease
James Crompton
Sally & Mo at The Snow Institute
Ricey - Ski Beyond
Jazz Lamb, Tom Hudson et al BASS
James Bennett & Craig Robinson at PDS / JJC
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BASS would be a good call...

http://www.britishskischool.com/BASS_Resorts/Morzine
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BASS would be a good call...

http://www.britishskischool.com/BASS_Resorts/Morzine
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So good he said it twice?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Doh!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all for your help with this, have been in contact with Bass and Snow Institute and both have good options for us, hooray!

All we need now is some snow....!
rolling eyes snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DebbieD, who did you use in the end and how did it go?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry for hijacking this thread but the information in here is brilliant for me - am off to Morzine for the first time later this month, so many thanks for all the names!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@abd, Thank you for your post - I've made contact with Glenn Wellesley - Ski with Ease - and look forward to meeting him in a couple of weeks time snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Radz, we skied with a Glenn who was with Bass five or six years ago - the thing I still remember him saying was 'don't kill the budgerigars' - so don't grip your poles so tight. Funny how we sometimes remember one thing from a lesson. If its the same one he was a good bloke.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good to hear - thanks!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi NickyJ and Radz, a late reply, sorry - we used Christian from New Generation in Morzine in the end for 2 x private 2.5 hour lessons between the 3 of us. We had a session on piste and a session off piste and it was really excellent, learned and improved lots, and had great fun with the off-piste as we had a massive dump of snow the night before so there was loads of soft snow for practising in.

Would highly recommend both Christian and New Gen - another friend had 2 private lessons with them the same week, and also thought they were excellent.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with on the area before you go - we had a fantastic week skiing the Les Gets and Morzine area, it's beautiful and very friendly - you're going to love it I'm sure!
snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy