Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whisper it but (at 22nd Dec) there's talk of a possible 'game-changing dump'.....

Poster: A snowHead
That's according to this website:

http://www.weathertoski.co.uk/

Fingers crossed eh?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mountainaddict, hmmm. All of the big dumps forecast 4-7 days ahead seem to fall away to nothing. If there are big weekend dumps, could make transfers interesting.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

All of the big dumps forecast 4-7 days ahead seem to fall away to nothing

This is a load of crap.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Big dump?? Load of cr@p?? Hmm.... Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stevomcd, seems to be a lot of that recently - snowfall predicted in a week's time falling to not v much
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nothing has been predicted like this so far, granted some of the forecasts have dwindled to nothing or little, but the charts for this weekend seem to be converging with more confidence across the runs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stefoy4me, I'd agree - when you have different runs predicting a decent amount and when there is less movement over time with the predicted dump date, then you can get more excited.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fingers crossed snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The forecasted dump from the 27th does sound promising - but still a little too far ahead for me to get too excited!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As mentioned in other thread, the Meteox.com site which has been depressingly accurate in recent weeks is finally showing some prolonged snow this weekend.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
France Meteo forecasting snow Christmas Day overnight into Boxing day for La Plagne but not before ... http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Met office for noon boxing day. Looks interesting!! Cold front coming in on xmas day too.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So all looking a bit more hopeful - at last Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Look at the usually conservative Meteox page showing rain/snowfall:

http://www.meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=1&continent=europa

24-25th looks like good snow for Austria and Switzerland, but then if you extend the view to 144 hour, see what happens when that storm comes across on the 27th. Gosh Shocked

I won't say any more in case I jinx it. Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
that looks like the game changer we ve all been praying for!!!!!!!!!

Transfer day on the 28th is going to be a nightmare if that pans out.

Looks like there could well be snow at the major airports, Lyon, Geneva, etc........after praying for snow to replace green fields, might not even be able to land!!!
ski holidays
I am driving out to Austria on the 27th and 28th. Keeping my fingers crossed.
latest report
Scarpa wrote:
I am driving out to Austria on the 27th and 28th. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Me too! (leaving late on the 26th tho) Got my snowchains ready - wishful thinking I know!
snow conditions
@stefoy4me, Id live with a crappy transfer if the snow arrives. Does chambery get much snow?
latest report
All of the forecasts keep switching from loads of snow on 28th to hardly any. grrrrr.
latest report
@Mike-H, my (albeit meagre) understanding is that Chambery shuts more often than the other nearby airports. Don't know exact figures, though.
latest report
chambery being so close to the mountains is usually the one that shuts in bad weather the most...............but if that storm is as shown then Geneva, Lyon, Salzburg, etc will be under pressure
snow report
Mike H - that metoex graphic shows it getting walloped
snow conditions
Chambery shuts because of associated cloud/fog problem coming off the lake I gather? has happened to me twice and I now avoid even though it's prob the best transfer to 3 valleys.
latest report
a shed load of snow won t help it either.......
ski holidays
@AthersT, Just got my new winter tyres fitted today, the old ones were down to 5mm so I saved one for the spare Smile
snow conditions
Not looking like this will develop in the same way anymore then...

Gutted if it doesn't arrive, not just for myself but for everyone coming out to ski and learn and enjoy the holidays!
ski holidays
Hmmmm...... Confused
latest report
Not over till it's over......
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hope it does happen but to throw it in there as a conspiracy theory after a poor Xmas its convenient timing to boost nend year bookings.
snow report
Quote:
Hope it does happen but to throw it in there as a conspiracy theory after a poor Xmas its convenient timing to boost end year bookings
And somehow involving all meteorlogical forecasting websites, both home and abroad Toofy Grin Puzzled....That would surely take more pulling off than the faked moon landings! Maybe it's all down to North Korean hackers Laughing!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy