Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSA

Poster: A snowHead
A mate of mine would like SCSA. He went to a private lesson when we were in Flaine from an instructor who was a slalom racer and he was advocating the wider stance that goes with carvers (incidently what I was first taught in Canada - the instructor to make a point got someone to stand with a narrow stance and then pushed them over, easily but with his wide stance we couldn't push him over). At the end when I asked him what the lesson was like he said that he didn't want to widen his stance because it looked "chic" with a narrow stance - really good use for a private lesson! Mind you if SCSA wants to ski one way he can and I'll ski my way and perhaps we should just leave him to it. BTW is he on commisson or something?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, he's on drugs
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So this is where you've gone to, Fox, back to knocking heads with SCSA? Well, I've missed you and missed SCSA too--the rhetoric remains the same but the responses he inspires are GREAT! I sometimes wonder if SCSA is not a double agent for PSIA.

Easiski, HH is a brand, like Martha Stewart, which is why he promotes features and benefits that serve to differentiate his line from the competition. I'd argue that HH has no competition and nothing new, but he's an entrepreneur all right.

"She's the best female I've ever seen." I think we're missing the noun that gives this sentence some meaning other than scurrilous.

Hello snowHead A cool place I see!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Speaking of the best female instructor I've skiied with, and look who turns up. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello nolo, and welcome to snowHeads snowHead too
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I really feel like i am missing out here. Sad

SCSA - is there any chance of you going on a snowboarding course / being employed by a snowboard school and then telling me in no uncertain terms that I've been doing it all wrong for the past 6 years (without actually giving any practical guidance or useful information of any kind)??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nolo, you rock! Welcome to snowHead!

One of these days, we'll ski together. I promise!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, Wear The Fox Hat has it just right...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi 'yall. This is my first day over here as well.

Tom / PM
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you very much. I was completely unaware of this community, but a post today on Epic led me over here. It looks like you have developed a great place. Don't worry - I'll browse around for a bit before I start yacking away.

BTW, I'm a ski (fixed heel) instructor at our local area, and recognized ssh and nolo from Epic. In the interests of full disclosure, since this thread seems to talk a lot about PSIA vs HH, I'm a PSIA type. Wink

Very Happy

Tom / PM
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Who let him in?
Our standards are slipping!

Whatever you do, don't let him find the Yodaphone, and don't try to trick him with maths.

Also, I feel insulted. He mentions nolo & ssh, but not me.

Oh, and welcome, Physicsman! snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fux-up you can't complain about standards, you're allowed in so I guess the bars already been lowered, also goes for me and Masque et al.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is this a JWAZ exiles club?
snow conditions
New Kid In The Block, PM's not on JWAZ.
Neither's SCSA, but have you ever seen Jef & SCSA in the same room at the same time?
latest report
Hey Fox - Good to see you. It turns out you that you were THE reason I checked out this place. Snowheads was being mentioned more and more often over on Epic, then finally somebody said that this is where you were last spotted, so I decided to get my lazy carcass over here and check it out.

Hi to everybody else I missed incl. Ott, SCSA, Ant and Matteo. Quickly browsing through the member list, I recognize several other names, but am not sure if they are the same people as on Epic.

BTW, just to pick a fight, "maths" is always singular over on this side of the pond, and Yoda, I will not talk like since here, called this, expert calling isn't. Very Happy

Tom / PM
ski holidays
Chris Reed, I think your mate should move into the 21st century. Feet together is about as passé as you can get nowadays!nolo, welcome. I'm a brand too, but the name says it all! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Physicsman, yo, Tom, whatup?! Welcome to snowHead!
ski holidays
Quote:
BTW, just to pick a fight, "maths" is always singular over on this side of the pond

Physicsman, That's ok, we're a tolerant lot, but I'm sure when U (Admin) has a spare moment and draws up the forum charter he'll include a stipulation that all communication should take place in English Wink Wink
latest report
PG, oh-oh. I'm in trouble, then.

Oh. Wait! That was your point, wasn't it, PG?! Wink Laughing NehNeh
snow report
ssh, I thought you'd been getting the hang of conversing with the natives rather well! Madeye-Smiley Wink
snow report
We could always put "math" in the profanity filter to automatically replace it with "maths" Wink
ski holidays
Physicsman wrote:

"maths" is always singular over on this side of the pond

Well so it is over here - mathematics is the singular Little Angel
latest report
If you can get Barnes to register here he and SCSA can renew the us vs them flame wars.
Nice site, now I know where Mr. Hat has been hiding. Cool
latest report
would it solve the matter if we made 'math' or 'maths' both into "hard sums"?
latest report
Welcome to snowHeads, BillA snowHead

We're not going to get accused of poaching members of other sites, are we?
snow report
BillA, I reckon we could ask Bob, but he is a busy guy.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's not poaching if they migrate here on their own, maybe enticed by the glimpse of a fox tail.
ski holidays
Or come over to find the answer to a photo quiz??? Wink
snow report
Thanks for the Welcome Ian. It’s not poaching; we’re all suffering from the same addiction. Since the snow has melted here I’m just looking for another way to get my fix.
Mr. Hat, Mr. Barnes is sure to show up as soon as he finds out that this is where you are sharing your wit and wisdom.
latest report
Well, BillA, you're half right about the wit thing, as for the wisdom, I dispensed with that years ago.
Welcome!
snow report
Alan Craggs wrote:
Physicsman wrote:

"maths" is always singular over on this side of the pond
Well so it is over here - mathematics is the singular Little Angel

Ya got me. I was imprecise in my teasing remark.

Over here, "math" is our shortened form of the singular, "mathematics", but the term "maths" is never heard. Because of this, to us Yanks, "maths" sounds like it should be short for the plural of mathematics, which, if it did exist, must obviously be mathematicssssss. Wink

For reference, dictionary.com sez:

math n. Mathematics.
maths n. Chiefly British (used with a sing. verb) Mathematics.

All in good, non-snowy weather fun ... unfortunately ...

Very Happy

Tom / PM

PS - Pete Horn: I like your idea of putting the term in the profanity filter, but would hope it would work other than on this forum. I've known quite a few students who spit out the word as if it was a profanity.
ski holidays
Nothing wrong with math! That is, when used in its correct sense to mean a Hindu convent of celibate mendicants. Or a crop mowing. I don't know, using a dictionary of colloquialisms Wink to find out definitions?! Get out the OED!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy