Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xmas and/or New Year ski trip.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There seems to be only a handful of resorts with decent snow so far, so I'm glad I decided to wait for a last minute booking.

I'm male, 50s, fit, adv-intermediate all mountain skier who is also sociable and gets on pretty well with all snowheads. I wonder if I can join an Xmas ski group somewhere with decent conditions? I'm packed and ready to go now (20-21/12/14 depart). My ideal departure airport is Gatwick but I could drive to another airport if necessary.

For new year, one or both of my teenage sons will join (16 & 19). Both strong skiers (skied since age 5) and decent guys.

Please bear me in mind to potentially join your group for Xmas.To keep things simple, ideally I'd love to join a group that has the whole base package sorted (flights, transfers, accom, food) especially if you've found a good deal and just need another snowhead to make up the numbers.

If Xmas week skiing doesn't come off, I'll be spending time this week scanning the snow reports and looking for a new year last minute deal to book my lads and I (I'll be more cost conscious on that one, due to numbers). So, for that week I'm happy to form a group, or to join another group (whatever works).

Thanks for reading this snowheads snowHead Cheers.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 23-12-14 12:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, did you get sorted for Xmas or are you going for the New Year. Looking for something from Boxing Day for the week but solo prices are ridiculous
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Londonboy50 I didn't go for Xmas. I had a great offer for Tignes from Action Outdoors for Tignes and I am hugely impressed with their whole approach. Whatever happens I'll almost certainly use them in future ski trips.

I decided that given the poor snow reports and few lifts open (based on tea club and on s/h forums) and also assuming that the surrounding resorts would bus-in loads of skiers who don't have any snow, that the little snow that was there would be used up quickly and the resort would be super-crowded. Well, that was my view anyway and so I decided to focus on new year.

For N/Y I'm still looking. My eldest (19) probably won't now go but the 16 yr old is ski mad and he's up for NY.

What's your view/plan?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I don't know if it helps but we still have one room left for NY in our chalet Bluebell - details via the link below.

Happy planning!
Heather
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Accel

Had the same thoughts about Xmas but need to get some snow this holiday. Acidka is advertising a cheap share self catering holiday in Serre Chevalier I am checking. Price of flights are not cheap so have been checking some of the operators last minute deals where flights are included. Not easy for solo though.

Even the operators seem only to have holidays at £800 though.

Mountainsun was offering something in the Dolomites though. Might go back to them but again flights expensive.

Always wanted to try an Ice - Fire holiday but I guess Heather is offering a room for two?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flight prices are ridiculous for next week, however Chalets are looking to cover their costs / break even, therefore overall ski HOL should be too bad.

In addition tour operators will have some nice prices if booking the day before or on morning of departure
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy