Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ABS Recall

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I did a quick search and could't see anything, but this looks like a big recall.

Hello Martin,

as our supplier of steel cartridges has found problems in the filling process, we are reacting with an immediate recall action of European steel cartridges. It is possible that, during the supplier’s filling process, machining residues could have entered the cartridge which would prevent the airbag system from functioning in future. All backpacks with ABS TwinBag systems (dual airbags) are therefore to be returned to ABS for checking. So far three instances of this problem, caused by the supplier, have occurred during training activations.

In this newsletter you can find all the important information concerning the recall.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Your ABS team

http://www.abs-airbag.com/en/recall
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mt, I just got that too by email, glad ours are both carbon, strange time to do a recall just as the season is getting into full flow.

It's worth stating here that's it's only for steel cylinders, and is for ALL ABS sacks, mAmmut, Dakine, Ortovox etc twin bag systems
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, just received the email too.I wonder how long it will take to get bag back, just as well there's no off piste right now, for me at least.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 19-12-14 20:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Markymark29, I also have carbon cylinder but i have fired the bag with a steel one. Once when I bought it in the shop and last autumn before I bought the carbon. If i'd had the chance to buy the carbon when i got the bag i would have got it as they are so light in comparison, well worth it. As I read it, they are recalling any bag that has been fired with a steel canister produced between the dates.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mt, yep that's true, but don't you think if you've tested it annually that it'd be OK anyway, any crap in the bag would have gone through by now? Ours have always been carbon only but that said I'd not be happy about sending mine off right now to sit on a pile with 1000's of others, this is not good news for ABS, hope they've got good insurance!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree, nightmare, let's hope they have geared up for the rush! I wonder if they'll survive this?its not like they are the only kids on the block now and it's the second recall.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well the previous one was just a spacer for the velcro fastening. But this is a quality control issue, more serious.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mt, I will repost the link in the offpiste section.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bump
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy