Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No one wants the Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
"L'hiver des jeux" this afternoon's Le Monde headline (Sport&forme).

As the formal candidacy process kicks off next month only two cities have stepped forward, Beijing and Almaty after Oslo withdrew in October.

Stockholm, Lviv and Kraków had also quit the race. Munich and St Moritz only gave it brief consideration.

Seems the games are seen as too costly to stage and the IOC process too expensive.

Is it worth the effort?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
*cough*

But yes; 'tis f**ked into a tinkers hat.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
would be interesting to compare costs of staging the Olympic Alpine ski events with the cost of the Alpine World Cup
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As long as the Alpine WC doesn't come with a 7000 page rider of cocktail parties and dedicated traffic lanes, probably a bit cheaper.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Arno, I don't perceive WC as being all that expensive. Nit, f'r instance like F1 Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Richard_Sideways, @under a new name, that's my suspicion. never seems to be a problem finding some to host the Alpine WC, probably because it doesn't require shed loads of additional infrastructure/white elephants etc. still turns out to be a pretty good show
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Personally, I just think that holding the Olympics or similar sized events in a country where the process and officials are held accountable by the people is a very different prospect to them being held in countries where accountability to the public is low. The Norwegian people had no stomach for seeing public money spent in this way, and while I have no doubt that Norway would've hosted an excellent games and that Norwegians would have supported the ethos and spirit of the games, you can't blame them for turning their backs on the additional expense of hosting hundreds of officials seeking freebies, and that those in charge of the process, quite rightly, listened to the people and pulled out of the process.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy