Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

how much is a beer in Ischgl?

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what the prices are like, I usually base things on the price of a beer, if that is expensive then everything is. I would just like a rough idea of what my costs will be like when the four of us get there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i think that beer is everywhere in Austria relatively not so expensive....
i mean...maybe in one place the beer costs 3 Euro and in Ischgl 3.9 Euro...
but the hotel in one place costs 60 p.P and in Ischgl costs 120 p.P.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 18-12-14 18:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will be looking for the €3 beers then, lol.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@biddpyat, there's a supermarket if money gets really tight
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok...with a quick search i made...

Bier vom Fass 0,4 lt. 4,00
Bier vom Fass 0,3 lt. 3,00
Hefeweizen vom Fass 0,3 lt. 3,50
Hefeweizen vom Fass 0,4 lt. 4,50
Fl. Dunkles Bier 0,5 lt. 4,50

i found them normal prices...like Stuttgart....

P.S. how much cost a beer nowadays in UK? i remember in 1999 in Wales a pint of Tetleys costs 1 Pound...aaa...old good days...
i missed those days...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@turms, about £3-4 a pint.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
o yeap...its almost 15 years....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

P.S. how much cost a beer nowadays in UK? i remember in 1999 in Wales a pint of Tetleys costs 1 Pound...aaa...old good days...
i missed those days...

I feel ancient cheapest beer I can remember buying was 18p a pint although that was underage but I can remember beer at 20p a pint in some establishments after turning 18.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@T Bar, was that in old money?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@red 27,
Elderly but not in my dotage, 'twas new money
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can get a pint of Greene King IPA for £2.80 down the con club,
but do I want to drink it .. not really.

I had a pint from a bar in Cambridge yesterday called the "Pint Shop" it cost me about £4.50,
it was brilliant. It tasted really good and I enjoyed it.

I cant remember what the beer tasted like in Ischgl it was so long ago, probably 1995. It was the year when Tina Turner was at the Idalp Joch.

Emm.... but I bet I enjoyed it at the time ... probably worth twice as much as a beer in the con club.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
oh wow, thanks folks, won't be doing the supermarket thing but I hate getting a rude awakening like I did in Norway, holy hell, lol...... those prices are fair enough considering it is a ski resort, a pint of Carlsberg for example is €435 here in the west of Ireland , but can be €6 or more in Dublin. So cheaper than home really, great stuff, après will happen so. I love a cold beer when all hot and bothered after the last run.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@biddpyat, I've never found beer that expensive in Scandinavian resorts relative to what you'd pay in say the big French resorts (cheaper in Sweden). Now the price for spirits is another proposition all together!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
biddpyat wrote:
= a pint of Carlsberg for example is €435 here in the west of Ireland ,

It's good - but not that good!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
€435 for a pint in da west
and €441 for a pint in Dublin?

Feck!
How much for a packet of Tayto?
snow report
@ T Bar : i lived only two years in UK...thats why i dont have any records from older days....maybe i am the old guy here
rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
I remember paying 20CZK for a large 0.5l beer in Cesky Krumlov 10 yrs ago, less than 50p at the time, good stuff too, the local brew Eggenberg...Czech Republic rules for cheap quality beers!!

http://www.eggenberg.cz/index.php?page=produkty&lang=en

It's now creeping up towards a £1 in CR with inflation and an appreciated currency...but these places still look very cheap...good luck with the skiing though...

http://www.pintprice.com/top10affordable.php
latest report
turms wrote:
i missed those days...

In 1966 Tetleys mild was 1s 5d a pint and bitter 1s 8d i.e. if I went out with a 10 shilling note I could have 6 pints of bitter, Tetleys was worth dinking then, & I could drive home on my scooter (no breathalyzer until 1967, all you had to do was to able to walk a white line), petrol was 5s 5d a gallon. Best of all I was young and girls wore mini skirts.
I miss those days even if skiing was for Toffs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy