Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia NY 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Cervinia on 27th Dec and would be grateful of any advice / tips about the ski area and resort.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bhs1922 wrote:
Heading to Cervinia on 27th Dec and would be grateful of any advice / tips about the ski area and resort.

Welcome to snowHead

Don't get stuck on the zermatt side once the lifts close
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or if the winds get up.

Given the height of the resort it will be Very Cold - be prepared....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, I'm currently in Cervinia and although most resorts are pretty desperate for snow there's plenty here Little Angel
Most runs including those to village have good snow cover and has been snowing this week Very Happy

Check forecast before buying lift pass. If bad weather local pass better option, international pass only becomes of value if go to zermatt more than once.

If windy valtournenche more sheltered. If going to zermatt watch weather and give plenty of time to get back as if get stuck 600 euro taxi ride back.

Plenty mountain restaurants, best to avoid those at top of plan maison as busy and average.
For resort info good source is the Crystal ski app, can be downloaded for free whether a customer or not.
Enjoy
Ps if eating out of New Years eve best to book early
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If the transfer is closed due to wind can you get a refund on the lift pass after the fact if you have one?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guyrhofen wrote:
Hi, I'm currently in Cervinia and although most resorts are pretty desperate for snow there's plenty here Little Angel
Most runs including those to village have good snow cover and has been snowing this week Very Happy

Check forecast before buying lift pass. If bad weather local pass better option, international pass only becomes of value if go to zermatt more than once.

If windy valtournenche more sheltered. If going to zermatt watch weather and give plenty of time to get back as if get stuck 600 euro taxi ride back.

Plenty mountain restaurants, best to avoid those at top of plan maison as busy and average.
For resort info good source is the Crystal ski app, can be downloaded for free whether a customer or not.
Enjoy
Ps if eating out of New Years eve best to book early

Hi

What are the runs like down all the way to Valtounenche? I am back in Zermatt from Monday. I think we'll be coming over to Cervinia quite a lot as your snow looks great. Having got over from the Swiss side it is easier just to stay in the Breuil-Cervinia bowl. I do like the runs over to Valtournenche but it is a lot of work to get over there if the runs are only good as far down as Sallette.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The run from the top of the KM down to Valtourneche is glorious in early spring.

Not sure what it would be like at this time of year.

I will also be sticking to the main bowl – much more straightforward to get back to Zermatt if the weather closes in.

Plus, as a boarder, I hate the T-Bar on the way back from Valtourneche.

Looks like rain in the village tonight with very mild temps on the mountain (+4C at the Rothorn when I last checked).

If it’s going to be mild next week then bring on the sun, more than happy with that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Home run from bubble to valtournenche is closed but rest of are is in Gteat shape

Pretty sure can't get refund if link to zermatt closed, that's why best to check forecast first. Glorious up the mountain today.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. Very much looking forward to Cervinia, good to hear the conditions are still good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In Zermatt now - no ski school for the little ones today so spent day in Findeln / Sunnegga / Rothorn. Glad to report that snow is very good down to 2,200M. A bit hard / scraped in places but beggars can't be choosers. Not very busy either. Feel very lucky to be here.oght venture over to Cervinia tomorrow. Links were shut this AM, not sure whether they opened later on.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Guyrhofen. Do they have one of those cards that you can top up online or anything, like Chamonix (I'm thinking its Italy so prob not...)

Also is it very expensive to rent skis there? Ski set looking for 108 euro for four days of their top level skis without boots - seems very steep to me

Thanks in advance, am hearing all over the place that Cervinia has some of the best conditions in Europe so feeling very luck to be headed there in a few weeks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had a fantastic couple of days in Cervinia a week or so ago. Tonnes of snow. Pistes in great shape when we were there and given the temperatures and elevation I think they should still be good. I have heard much nicer than Zermatt recently which has beeb icy.

They have an electronic ski pass that you can top up at http://www.cervinia.it/pages/Acquista_lo_skipass_online_201415_i_en/509. I think you can track your lifts taken during the day etc too. If you don't already have the card you can buy it online (I assume they ship to UK).

Eating is better down in the village. Easy to bomb back down from the top. I agree the skis seem a bit steep, don't know if you can do better but here in Geneva a week doesn't cost that much less than a whole season. Some of the top line skis retail at about 700EU so I can see why they get expensive.

Problem with Zermatt\Cervinia is lift closure due to wind. We had to ski one day in Valtourenche which is great too. I assume Cervinia pass covers it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from Cervinia a few days ago. I also skied Zermaat, conditions in Zermaat were also excellent as they also got snow. Snow in Zermaat and Cervinia was of equal quality. Anything below 1800 was icy or slushy depending on the time of day, and as Cervinia only starts at 2000, it wasn't an issue there.

Enjoy, we sure did.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flew back from Geneva yesterday after spending 4 nights in Valtournenche. We'd booked the flights in Sept but thankfully held of on resort choice until just a few weeks ago. The drive from Geneva was less than 3 hours, really easy and pretty. Loved Valtournenche, snow is great and all open except down to the village. Drag lift over to Cervinia is a bit exposed and was closed due to wind part of the time but if you have a car it's no problem to drive round. We feel very lucky to have had 3 days of blue sky and fantastic snow. Driving back felt like spring with very high snow line in Chamonix valley and around.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all your help. Just returned from a week in Cervinia.
Snow conditions on the upper pistes were excellent and when the sun was out it was fantastic. We did suffer a little from the high winds at the start of the week with most of the lifts closed or only open for a couple of hours but there were plenty on good restaurants to spend the afternoon in.
All in all fantastic resort and will be returning next year! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Looking for a long weekend out of Geneva from 17 Jan through 19 Jan. At this stage it is Cervinia due to abysmal conditions in PDS, GM, Megeve etc.
latest report
T minus four days for me, hoping those winds abate!
snow report
Glad the OP enjoyed Cervinia. We spent 12 days out in Zermatt (Täsch) over Xmas and New Year. Several of those days we spent over the ridge in Cervinia (with one trip across to Valtournenche). Those were by far our best ski days. Cervinia had had better snow and it was not skied out to an icy sheet by the mega crowds one gets that time of year on the Swiss side. Cervinia also has an in built advantage this time of year with being south facing (of course that changes as the season progresses). The days we were over were all blue bird days and were truly fantastic.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy