Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do bars in kitzbuhel have to hide

Poster: A snowHead
looked every where and can't for the life of me find out the price of a large beer in Kitzbuhel. Worried now, surely it can't be that expensive or is it a case of if you have to ask then you can't afford it? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's Austria. Beer prices vary very little between bar, hotel, mountain.
Probably €3.50-€4.00 for half a litre. Cheaper end of the scale for pils, pricier end of the scale for weissbier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was around the five euro mark in St Anton last year so hoping for similar
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
that's extortion, but St. Anton is special.
just out of curiosity, the very first place I googled, was €3.50 for half a litre. certainly used to be more like €3.20, but I can imagine prices have risen.

was certainly change from €4 for the last beer i bought in an Innsbruck hotel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
compared to likes of val disere in had no problems paying 5 euro in St a
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kb36, take your own, just to be on the safe side wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Red, like your thinking but excess weight charges might blow the budget Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kb36 wrote:
Was around the five euro mark in St Anton last year so hoping for similar

pretty sure it was 6 in the Mooser which is a healthy little margin given the amount they shift. Mind you , world famous, iconic, astonishing displays of Atomic Mutton etc etc.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kk was cheaper and in my own opinion better but this doesn't help me work out price of beer in kitz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends where you go. If you go in the Main Street, the bars are really expensive (to me, a real tight Northerner!). They were around €8 for a small beer. If you go I to the Londoner, I seem to remember paying around €6 for a pint. O'Flanagan's is the least expensive at around €4-5 although the Sigi's bar further down the road is similar. I must admit though, when buying beers with Euros, I always feel like I am not spending real money so don't take much notice. Couple that with the fact that it is usually in a round, I can't be totally sure! There are loads of other bars in Kitz but, even though I make a pact every year to try out lots of different places, I always end up in one of these (not the first one though!)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

€8 for a small beer

Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

€8 for a small beer

Shocked

And that was in 2008 or 2009! My GF, now wife, and I decided to have a cultured, civil night in a small bar rather than dance on tables and down Jegers so went to a "posh" bar. It was like one of those cowboy films when all the music stopped and everyone looked at us in German! Having ordered a small beer and a glass of wine, the price made me ask if they accidentally charged us double! Needless to say, after that drink, we were back and onto the chairs singing to the Short 'n' Curlies in the Londoner to have a few Jegers to help us over the shock of it!

Never again.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
that is more than 2x the price of the most expensive beer I've ever managed to find in Austria.

the Weissbier price increase from €3.70 to €3.90 was expensive.

still. cheaper than Courchevel, but then that's a price anomaly too. €9.90 for a beer or panache.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
if you paid 8 euros for a beer in Kitzbuhel, you were right seen off. No more than 4 tops for a 500ml glass. And I was there last week. Kirchberg even cheaper.I
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dougie wrote:
Depends where you go. If you go in the Main Street, the bars are really expensive (to me, a real tight Northerner!). They were around €8 for a small beer. If you go I to the Londoner, I seem to remember paying around €6 for a pint. O'Flanagan's is the least expensive at around €4-5 although the Sigi's bar further down the road is similar. I must admit though, when buying beers with Euros, I always feel like I am not spending real money so don't take much notice. Couple that with the fact that it is usually in a round, I can't be totally sure! There are loads of other bars in Kitz but, even though I make a pact every year to try out lots of different places, I always end up in one of these (not the first one though!)

Jesus, were you in a strip club??!

I've never paid over €5 for a big beer in Austria, and usually pay between €2,80 and €3,50.
latest report
In recent times €2,40 is about the cheapest I've paid for a pint in Austria.

The first time I went to the 3Vs (about 25 years ago) I was shocked by the first round I bought. A small beer, 2 cokes and a coffee (I think) were about the equivalent of £16.I bought a lot of wine down the hill after that.
snow report
clarky999 wrote
Quote:

Jesus, were you in a strip club??!

At those prices, for sure SOME kind of club! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Ischgl is meant to be one of the priciest Austrian resorts, I couldn't find a beer for over 5 euro in a week. Mostly around the 4 euro mark - some cheaper some a little more.
latest report
jafa wrote:
if you paid 8 euros for a beer in Kitzbuhel, you were right seen off. No more than 4 tops for a 500ml glass. And I was there last week. Kirchberg even cheaper.I

I was in Kirchberg last year and seem to remember a large beer being around 3.50 - 5.00, depending on where you were. The Londoner in Kirchberg was nearer the 5.00 but seemed to throw in a shot every second or third round or so. Also, most of the beer available appeared to my untrained eye to be local and were seriously good stuff.
I was also told a taxi to Kitzbuhel was reasonably inexpensive, but we didn't bother so I can't say for sure.
ski holidays
Be interested in the findings of this thread. Going to Kitzbuhel with a dozen mature skiers who like their Après. Been to Soll and Saalbach the last few years and although Soll 3-4 Euros a large beer was a cheaper resort to the more expensive Saalbach 4-5 Euros for the same, there was no beers prices being suggested on here. 8 Euros a beer that will not go down well . Staying at the Jagerwiirt and have been recommended Sigi's and O'Flannagans as local watering holes. Any suggested ski hire shops locally?
snow report
That is of course if there is sufficient snow for when we go on January 17th!! 😪 Anyone else going to be there that week?
snow conditions
Years ago the bar in the bottom of the Hornbahn had some of the cheapest beer prices. Good for quiet apres or make your own entertainment if there is a group of you.
latest report
Scarlet Fez wrote:
That is of course if there is sufficient snow for when we go on January 17th!! 😪 Anyone else going to be there that week?

I'm going to St Johann the week before - will probably spend at least one day in Kitzbuhel, since the train is free with the allstar pass.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy