Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton to Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if I can get some help. My annual trip has been cut to two weeks but I am happy just being able to go! I am looking at doing a week in St Anton and then a week in Les Arcs.

The travel distance is pretty far between the two and wondering what the best way to get from St Anton to Les Arcs on a Saturday? I have no car and looking at catching train or airport transfer service.

I am also wondering what would be the best airport to fly into? I guess I need to work out if I want to travel further when I arrive (ie fly into Geneva) or travel further when I am leaving (fly into Zurich).

Thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't you fly to a different airport to the one you leave from ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did it a few years ago on boxing day from Zell to Bourg s. Maurice.Train from Zell met the Salzburg-Zurich express which goes via St Anton.then changed at Zurich for Geneva then Geneva to Chambery then BsM

Went pretty much like clockwork until France then had a couple of delays.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How long did the trip take and what time did you depart and arrive?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just want to make sure I am not booking the impossible Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very excited because I have now booked my trip! I haven't booked flights yet so that's another thing to organise. I've now got some accommodation booked in St Anton with half board for one week at Hotel Kertess and booked UCPA Les Arcs for the second week, then head back home. Wondering about getting a guide now for St Anton and if I organise it now or when we get there. I would be fine if it was just a local who showed us some of the off piste routes. I've got a fair amount of off piste experience and training but just don't know the area at all.

It is so much harder to organise European ski trips when you live on the other side of the planet!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've now got this worked out. My friend needs to be in Zurich on Friday night for an early flight on Saturday morning. Catching the train from Zurich to Geneva only takes about 2 hours and then I have a transfer from Geneva to Les Arcs return for 80 GDP from UCPA. And then I fly out of Geneva back home.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SpeedySydney, sound like the correct route, but I think you will find the train from Zurich to Geneva takes more that 2hrs. £80 return transfer sounds very cheap from Geneva to Les Arcs. Are you sure that is not the cost one way? When are you coming to Les Arcs. Be fun to meet up for a beer. There are a few from down your way doing a season here this year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just checked the pricing for Geneva to UCPA Les Arcs and they have charged me 80 GDP for transfers. Good to know I got a good deal then.

Always happy to meet up for a beer and maybe a few runs. I'm doing the off piste course and had Wednesday free last time when I did a similar course in Chamonix.

Looks like others are discovering how amazing the European alps are. I keep coming back year after year for the past 5 or 6 years. Keeping hitting different areas and getting new experiences. I just love the culture, mountains, food and the people.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy