Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone got a Nevica Ski Holdall

Poster: A snowHead
A question for anyone with a Nevica Ski Holdall..

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-large-ski-holdall-400306

From the images on the Sports Direct site it look like this holdall has two end pockets

will these pockets take a Ski Boot ?? (one either end)

TIA....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ahh the price has dropped - they were £26 at the end of last season, then back up to £80 around september. I had a look at one in the shop, the end pockets are designed for boots and unless you have massive feet should be fine
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albob, as @nbt, states the end pockets do fit boots, bit tight however, got one in the summer...£11. Its quite a tall bag
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@carroz, 11 quid !! - bargain :: as nbt says 26 now; still looks a good price tho'
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably a dumb question, but does it matter whether I pack my ski boots upright or on their side in my holdall?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
*must resisit trip to sports direct...*
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why would a bag just over 2 feet long need wheels? Go for a normal bag, pack your boots in that, pad them out with clothes and save on the weight of unnecessary wheels.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
P.S the high street version of sports direct is shocking, it's like an old peoples home for brands just waiting to die.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@albob, I just got one..Looks good and is lighter than the case I usually use
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Richard_Sideways, we can't all carry a heavy bag long distances
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
these used to be 'big air' bags weve got three, much easier to wheel two than carry them Very Happy boots fit in the end no problem , weve also got the no wheel version which is even bigger
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
But how much does it weigh?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
3.5kg
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
*Tea on keyboard* THREE AND A HALF KILOS! MORE THAN 15% OF A STANDARD HOLD BAG ALLOWANCE IN LUGGAGE! FOR A BAG THAT SMALL!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I also got one of those when it was dirt cheap (like carroz), but I've only used it for summer travelling so far. It holds quite a bit: I don't recall the weight, empty, but when stuffed full it comes out at about the 18-20kg mark.

It's designed to fit a boot in each end pocket: mine certainly fit, but then I've got quite small feet.

It's easy to spot coming round the carousel, also!
latest report
a quick calculation gives me an estimated 100 - 110 litres, so maybe not that small..
ski holidays
Thanks for the replies/insight. I've bitten the bullet and bought the bag.....

Shall be looking to reduce the weight if possible (i.e. stripping out the handle..)
latest report
Apologies for the thread resurrection, but it is specific to my needs! How have people gotten on with this bag?
It's got to be worth £24, but will a pair of size 290 ski boots fit in the pockets? Laughing

New link to bag on Sports Direct: http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-large-ski-holdall-407386?colcode=40738603
snow report
@letsgetpiste, it's great. Of idea if long boots will fit
snow report
Thanks @holidayloverxx, I might just have to take a punt and get it ordered! I'm sure i'll squeeze my enormous boots in!
ski holidays
We have 2 of these and they are great.
They are technically the teenagers bags but I tend to use one of them when ski-ing without them rather than my much more expensive Dakine bag that my husband bought me as a gift. They are lighter, easier to pack and seem roomier.
My sons ski boots are around a 29 (size 11 feet) and they fit in the end pockets fine. Just remember to pack them with the buckles facing to the interior of the bag.
I think one bag has done 10 return trips and the other over 12 (most of these are Glasgow - London -Geneva returns) and are still going strong so definitely worth a punt.
snow conditions
Thinking of buying.
Would this work as my main luggage? 110ltrs sounds great but worried its just a small bag as its only 72cm.
I usually travel with a 60l rucksack and it fits most of my stuff in minus boots.
latest report
I bought one of these as I prefer this type of bag to a bag which splits horizontally as most ski dealers seem to sell.
The 1st time I used it on a summer long haul flight, it only weighed in at 15kg. Whilst pulling it to the bus stop all the contents slid to the bottom of the bag, the plastic strip between the wheels is made from the worlds weakest plastic, this bends forcing the wheels to 'toe' out!
Because of this the bottom of the bag drags on the floor wearing out the base!
But all is not lost! I cut out a section of drainpipe & riveted it to the base of the bag! I also strengthened the rear of the bag using aluminum strips inside & out!
The wheels are like an old remould tyre, it disintegrated! But I bought some spare wheels from Amazon!
Would I buy another? Probably, because I like this type of bag.
I hope this has helped other Snowheads to keep a old bag in service!
latest report
hawkwind wrote:
Thinking of buying.
Would this work as my main luggage? 110ltrs sounds great but worried its just a small bag as its only 72cm.
I usually travel with a 60l rucksack and it fits most of my stuff in minus boots.

didn't expect to see my thread resurrected !!
---------

I sent mine back because it was too big ! (it is quite tall...) and I thought the material seemed 'thin' (although others have used theirs on many trips)

Bought this one instead - sturdier and the right size for me (I travel light !!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mountain-Pac-Wheelie-Compact-Bag-90L-Ski-Luggage-Black-RRP-55-00-/162156370098?hash=item25c145d8b2:g:7jgAAOSwARZXoJyJ
latest report
I had a look at the bag on eBay & I'm quite impressed, I might buy one for a spare. Very Happy
snow report
I have one of these, It takes my 30.5 boots and all my gear in easily. Pockets not much good, as internal separation from main compartment is only a thin piece of nylon held in place with velcro. Only used it on two trips so far, but outer fabric seems robust enough.
ski holidays
thanks for the replies , ordered one Smile
snow conditions
Also...

thanks for the replies , ordered one Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It has arrived. First impressions are pretty positive. Certainly no problems fitting in my size 29s snowHead
snow report
Still no sign here Sad may as well be in outer mongolia the time it takes to deliver something across the Irish Sea
latest report
I got one of the Nevica bags from Sports Direct last season and it is great - its not the same as the one pictured above, more like a soft trolley bag but large (120 litres) and a sort of clamshell design where it zips right round - and you can put the ski boots and clothes in one half and your normal clobber in the other side.

Cracking bag as it happens, well designed with clever velcro bits that adjust to your boot size etc.

Ultimately, it was about £30 which in the scheme of a skiing holiday is a few beers Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Arrived Smile
looks sturdy to me , plenty of room and perfect for what we need it for.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy