Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl tips for nervous intermediate?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're off to Obergurgl for New Year. i've got a couple of private lessons booked but I'm going to try and chill out and enjoy my skiing a bit more this time.

It's my 4th time on snow although I've had some indoor/dry slope lessons. I'm a pretty nervous skier. Blues i'm generally happy on and easy reds. I know what I should be doing it's just putting it all together!

Which slopes in Obergurgl should I start on/work up to? Any recommendations/ones to avoid?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nearly all the slopes in the area are easy, most of the runs are wide and steady, you will love it, nothing there that will scare anybody, it's my wife's favourite reort...if you stick to oburgurgle then a nice few runs takes you to "David's hut" which is superb for lunch, spare ribs n garlic bread great !!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure it is Hotel trial in Hochgurlg - just go and eat lunch for ages - posh hotel but great prices and cheap prices
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hate spell checker

Hotel RIML
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RosieL, All the slopes are wide, open and easy. You will have a great time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If are really feeling nervous I would take the bus over to hochgurgl, this will save you the stress of having to ski down to the top express link on your first day. Take the gondola to the top station at hooch gurgle and enjoy the wide open easy blues to build your confidence. In the afternoon take the top express back over to Obergurgl side.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All of the blues are easy for the nervous skier. I would echo the warning of the run down to the hochgurgl link gondola. It is a little steep for day 1. Also do not be afraid to download on the gondola back to Obergurgl, the blue #6 gets busy and icy when everyone is using it at the end of the day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's great - thanks. Is it the number 3 run? Is it narrow?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@globalbagtag.com, +1 best option for day one, we were there in Feb this year, and skied it in poor light without any issues.
The chair toward Top Star from the express link takes you to two nice blues to get you going, the self serve on the right is good value. the Top Star viewing is superb but wait until you have your ski legs and coordination sorted Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hochgurgl is definitely easier skiing with lots of blues to build confidence on day 1.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spend enough time in the Nederhutte and you'll be able to ski anywhere!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The red to the link gondola is red #3 on the Obergurgl side. It isn't narrow at the top (it is lower down) but it is a little steeper than you'd want out of such a major link route. See my trip report for a little more explanation.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Skids!
I had to pop in on this thread as I've got the January "itch" coming on.

I'm hopping to get the wifey back into the skiing mood again, she hasnt skied for two years now and the last day she was put off, because she decided her skis had been waxed too much and went to fast, all 123cms of them.

Anyway she said after a couple of glasses of wine she wouldn't mind going back to Austria again, so I'm skulking through the Skidelweb just trying to take the temperature of the possibilities of Austria in January.

I've never been up to the Gurgles, and I'm not sure its the one for us anyway.

My favourite would be Kitz ... but that's out of bounds for me.
Stanton .... too hard core
Ishgl .... too Ishgly

I was thinking about the lower spots like Soll, Ellmau, Westendorf etc. as I've never skied them and I'm looking for
something a bit Easy Peasy for her indoors where there is going to be plenty of jolly people who don't give a damn if their snowploughs aint perfect and the cagouls look a bit dated.
Gumuklishkiet has to be high on the list as well as Ooompha rather than Trance disco.

I hope I haven't spoiled your thread RosieL
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DrLawn wrote:

I'm hopping to get the wifey back into the skiing mood again, she hasnt skied for two years now and the last day she was put off, because she decided her skis had been waxed too much and went to fast, all 123cms of them.

RosieL

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Are you married to a Hobbit wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back to ski welt and ellmau in feb. Love it there and more than enough terrain for all. Set your sights in morning and set off for the day. Plenty silly apres too
latest report
@DrLawn, take a look at the Sportwelt Amadé towns

(and it's Gemütlichkeit wink ) which the Amadé areas have in spades! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy