Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl 2014-2105 Snow report

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Has anyone skied Obergurgl so far this, just wondered what the snow conditions are like so far?

off in January so keen to know whats open and whats not
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/blogs/re-routing-to-obergurgl-in-search-of-snow/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mikekimber24, I'm there on Friday, but worry not. Everything will be open in January. I think they could open everything now, but there aren't enough people to justify running some of the drag lifts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@denfinella, Thanks for that, off on 17th January, coincidentally to the Crystal so makes good reading. So glad I chose Obergurgl this year, I was worried about it being bitterly cold in January and thinking that surely this year would be better at the standard Austrian height but I'd be getting very nervous now if I had chosen that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
good to hear it, a bit more snow wouldn't go a miss though even just makes the place look white, @robboj if you haven't been to the Crystal before it is fantastic and the the spa and food are brilliant.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't this season, but some friends have. Apparently quite a bit more snow than most of Tirol, and a couple of20-30cm snowfalls, but rocky offpiste.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes here at the moment - just finished my 1st days skiing. I forget how much your legs hurt after a summer of inactivity!

Snow is goodish with 95% of runs open including all the village ones with lots of artificial snow being made. Atmosphere is great on the mountains, with no queues and the runs aren't particularly busy either - or at least not today.

Anyway après ski time - the bar becons😀

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 17-12-14 8:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey, I'm here too. Snow conditions in Obergurgl are great, with nearly all runs open. We spent today over at Hochgurgl at that side looks perfect too. Snow cannons were running today (although there was no desperate need), and the forecast is for another 10cm on Tuesday (when I leave).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How's the snow today anything exciting falling out the sky, just looks miserable on the webcams
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very light snow all day with very limited visibility - nevertheless skied until 4.45 and just enjoying a glass of wine now. Conditions are still good as the temperatures have not really been above zero, piste bashers are working hard to keep the slopes in good nic. If the sun makes an appearance tomorrow could be a great day with a little fresh.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How are the slopes holding up in the warm weather
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A few cm overnight which will sort out the firm lower slopes that got rained on on Thursday. Snow up high is super, chalky and grippy. Coverage good everywhere. Gloriously sunny morning.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skied Hochgurgl yesterday and the snow was stunning. 10cm of fresh, a bit more where the wind had moved it and pistes in great condition. Nice and quiet too as it was changeover day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Webcams look much better this morning, is it snowing or just freezing?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mikekimber24, back in Verbier now!
latest report
Hi anyone in obergurgl did the snow which has dumped on france make it East?
ski holidays
Anyone in resort at the moment out next week and cant wait did look like that much snow today on the webcams?
snow report
+1. Where you staying @mikekimber24, ? We booked for mid Feb.
snow report
Crystal been before its fab
ski holidays
Assume you going for a week. Do you go to Solden from Obergurgl?

We at Aalpenaussicht. Pretty much last book on the shelf so hoping it is OK.
snow report
Havent been but its only down the road, wife does ski school so not reaaaly had a chance going solden in march for a weekend, all the hotels are great so sure you will gave a great time
ski holidays
@mikekimber24,
Hi Mike - it snowed on and off all day and must have laid down a good amount of centimetres but ..... it was very windy so the snow was being blown about. Temperatures ended up below freezing but only just, it didn't feel that cold even in the wind. It is forecast to snow lightly all night and stop about 7.00 so should be a perfect day tomorrow for piste skiing if you believe the forecast! Still windy but nothing like as bad as today. Not sure about the off-piste as even the cross-country tracks on the west side of the valley were closed today because of Avalanche risk so we wont be taking any chances. You can opt for a day at Solden when you buy your lift ticket and the bus service is very good.
Hope you have a great stay.
latest report
Off Piste is really a no go due to the Avalanche risks, 3 people died in the valley last week... two US team racers trying off piste and getting caught in avalanches, close to the pistes too. It was really warm in the valley on Saturday 8+ degrees, freezing levels around the base stations on the Solden mountains. The Glacier and several lifts have been closed due to wind recently but overall the piste conditions are good, the higher you go the better they are with really cold snow.

Lower down it's icey by the end of the day, and cannons have been on to try and improve it... Lovely weather and conditions last week though!
snow report
Forecast for this weekend looks snowy Smile
snow conditions
As the forecast looks snowy for Saturday Very Happy I have a question what does it take to shut Innsbruck? I assume fog is more of an issue that the snow? although I will always take a long transfer from munich for decent snow
ski holidays
mikekimber24 wrote:
As the forecast looks snowy for Saturday Very Happy I have a question what does it take to shut Innsbruck? I assume fog is more of an issue that the snow? although I will always take a long transfer from munich for decent snow

Depends who you're flying with.

If you fly with Lufthansa into Frankfurt etc then Tyrolean or Austrian Air into Innsbruck, you have a far greater chance of getting in or out.

I've taken off and landed in snow several times, and once been delayed by fog (for around 2 hours IIRC) - but still got out ahead of the Easyjet flight that was due to take off about 4 hours before my flights.

Generally the smaller the plane the more chance you seem to have of getting in or out, but they deal with snow pretty well.
latest report
I'm flying in this weekend too and also staying at the Crystal mikekimber24. We'll maybe meet up? Edinburgh flight with Thomsonfly so I did wonder if there might be a problem re pilots experience etc. We'll see and will live with it as long as they do what they can? Looking at the conditions elsewhere just now I'm just glad to be heading to a snowy resort thats about to get dumped on even more!
@clarky999, I'm presuming the diversion would be to Munchen or Northern Italy somewhere if it came to it? Any thoughts?
latest report
we are on the early morning Thomson flight from Gatwick, lets help don't end up on a 4 hour coach trip. wife wont be happy if we do. If you haven't stayed at the crystal before its fab, sure will see you around you skiing in a group all week?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hope not either although latest Bergfex predicts 63cm, yes sixty three! on Saturday. Just the four of us, two couples. I'm the one in the Blue Spyder jacket, matching Blue POC helmet, black trousers, orange Daleboots and Volkl skis. The very picture of coordinated skiwear rolling eyes Please say hello?
snow report
Anyone in resort? Hows it looking for hassle free transfer tommorrow?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy