Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow centre Hemel Hempstead level 6

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys
Does anyone have any experience with level 6 group ski lessons at the snow centre Hemel hempstead?
I'm going skiing on the 27 th December... First time since I was 8, I'm 18 now... Having only been once at age 8, I realised I would be a complete beginner and started at level 2 lessons.
I've now completed main slope and am nearly a parallel skier but more by accident...
I have level 5 booked on Sunday and then three further level 6 lessons...
Am I stupid for booking so many level 6 lessons or does anyone think they will still be useful in improving my technique? Are you taught basic carving techniques in the level 6?
Should I change one to a "performance" group lesson?
Sorry if I have asked any stupid questions... I'm going with my partners Scandinavian family who are all great skiers and don't want to be an embarrassing standard!!!
Thanks to anyone who can share their experiences of level 5/6/performance lessons at the snow centre
No balance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hard to say really, I've no experience of Hemel lessons but learnt to ski at Chill Factore and Snozone last year. Being a quick learner and getting in plenty of practice in between i pretty much outgrew the group lessons before I was taking them. After i took the level 8 at CF the instructor told me not to bother with level 9 as i was already skiing beyond that and to go straight to the skills clinics. Because it's a group lesson there is a set structure and i very much doubt you would get much out of repeating it unless you were struggling to keep up through the levels.

I would take the 1st level 6 you have booked and assess from there. The instructor will be able to tell you what to move on to. I have to say though i did find it a pain in the ass that the uk centres are basically only geared around getting you to a set very basic level and there's very little after that with the exception of very costly one on ones. After the group lessons personally i would be looking at courses run by the likes of Inside Out if there's anything relevant in the time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Nobalance,

Hopefully FranzClammer might be able to answer this one for you as he is teaching at HH. I think the guys at Inside Out are sunning themselves on the continent at present but again hopefully one of them may see this and post a reply for you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You'll be fine at L6 for a while.

The L6 sessions are coaching sessions; When I am running them I will have people working on what THEY need to work on; no "we will all be doing this today".

Each person will have a unique set of things they need to work on by the time they get to L6. I'll be getting everyone their own plan for the session. And work it thru with them.

When are you coming @Nobalance?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scooby_simon wrote:
You'll be fine at L6 for a while.

The L6 sessions are coaching sessions; When I am running them I will have people working on what THEY need to work on; no "we will all be doing this today".

Each person will have a unique set of things they need to work on by the time they get to L6. I'll be getting everyone their own plan for the session. And work it thru with them.

When are you coming @Nobalance?

Thank you everyone for the replies!
Wednesday at 1.30pm and then next Monday at 8pm...
I had one for Tuesday but have managed to get a private with inside out, all the normal Hemel lessons having been booked; so went for that instead...
Have found the one private lesson I've had so far very much more useful than the group ones, for obvious reasons!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy