Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody used Oakley Prizm???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After last season my old trusty Anon Goggles were pretty much shot so I'm treating myself for this season.

I can get hold of Oakley goggles at a good price and was wondering if anyone had used the Prizm lenses yet?? Are they the real deal or is it just marketing BS?

I'm looking at the Jade Iridium or the Rose versions, has anybody used these? Is the Jade any good in flat light and is the rose too bright if the sun pokes its head out?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally, I go with what fits best with my helmet. Are you in a position to try them on?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The goggles fit my helmet just fine....it's just a matter of which lens.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The goggles fit my helmet just fine...
How about your face.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just purchased a pair of Oakley Canopy (Fire Iridium Lens) and also bought a spare Rose Prizm lens for low/flat light.
Canopy was chosen as best fit within my helmet, and Prizm because I believed the marketing hype. Will have to wait 'till I return in 3 weeks before I can conclude what they're like in snow, but my first impression at home was fine but not remarkable.
However if the £50 for the Prizm lens will help me to enjoy and relish skiing in flat light, then it'll be the best value for money piece of ski kit that I will own.
The Rose Prizm was actually slightly darker than I expected - darker than cheap yellow lenses I've used in the past. I suspect it will cope with bright sun if you're caught out with the wrong decision at the beginning of the day, but Jade or Black much better for strong sun. Jade if it's your only lens. Jade and Black also have the Iridium coating and mirror finish for anti-reflections. The Rose lens is transparent both ways - you can still see the wearer's eyes through it.
One quick home test though - to look through the Rose Prizm lens at my computer monitor, specifically the SnowHeads forum page, it really does make the blue and white bands 'pop'. Maybe there is something to them....Looking forward to trying in a real situation. 2 weeks today Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Posting this in the two threads since its a Saturday night and I am bored silly,..

I have always been an Oakley man... Own 4 goggle frames and 22 pairs of sunglasses... Also own anon a1 goggles..

I bought Oakley air brakes with emerald lens(perfect for bluebird days in utah) and persimon(hate that lens and used my anons instead on the 5 April lake effect snow days I got) so this summer I bought a hi yellow and a rose prizm lens.

Skied one day outdoors so far in Scotland... Started bluebird and I had my emerald lens in... Two hours later I tried the rose lens with sunshine and clouds and was very happy.. Weird red tinge but good for those conditions... The light then got very flat for an hour and I struggled for a little while. So put in the hi yellow and for me it certainly was better...

So right now I will carry three lens... Emerald- sun... Rose- mixed days...hi yellow- snowing... The emerald lens is only 13% in so useless unless bluebird. Glad I bought the rose over the jade prism.

Will hopefully ski a couple more times this week assuming the snow survives tomorrow's stupidly warm day and rain. Then off to val thorens for New Years so can add more then...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy