Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A - Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Undoubtedly there will be queues, particularly for the bottom lifts first thing in the morning as the ski schools start - they will all be going up to Cretes and beyond, as there is currently no snow on the beginner slopes at the Bas des Pistes. Cretes chair is likely to be busy most of the day, so I'd stay higher up.

You can avoid the worst of the queues by starting at about 10:00 after the ski schools have dispersed and then skiing until 14:30 or 15:00 when they all come out of the woodwork again, along with parents released from brat-wrangling duties. Do not stop for lunch - you will waste the quietest part of the day waiting for a plate of cold chips. Don't leave downloading in the lifts until after 15:30 or you'll be standing in line getting cold when you could be snarfing vin chaud in resort with your feet up.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stop press ..... currently nasty sleety rain in the valley, snow at resort level.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the webcams, starting to look like a ski resort again and top of the vallee blanche has stopped looking quite so much like the vallee verte. Hope the rain stays away, if not, then at least the upper slopes will get a refresher.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well that was completely vile. Sad

Thick fog above mid station, rain at 2600, closed above 2900 because of high winds. Still, it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so at least we should get a quick look at the slush before it disappears. Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good news, they've just tweeted that more is opening next week, including Fee sector: http://ow.ly/i/80iXV/original

Looked like spring out there on the webcam today, blazing sun. Keen to get skiing now!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Temperature struggled to get down to 0°C today and it was frankly hot in resort. Snow is good as far down as about 2900m, and icy below that - got rained on yesterday and then froze overnight. General opinion here is that they are mad to open the Fee - it had minimal snow cover anyway, and the whole sector was below yesterday's rain/snow level. Leave it until it thaws in the afternoon and do it early in the week would be my advice.

Several lifts closed this morning because of wet snowfall yesterday, all froze onto the cables overnight.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the updates @Lizzard, your posts are becoming unmissable.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from a week skiing at L2A.
I can confirm what Lizzard already said: 2900m and up the pistes are in very good conditions (much due to the snow on wednesday and thursday). Lower altitudes as far down as 2200m (cretes) is open but pistes have bad icy or rocky patches. Although to my opinion still skiable.

I hope that people arriving this week will have a good time, since I think a lot of people will relocate towards L2A as one of the few resorts with rather a lot of pistes open.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from second day, queues not as bad as we'd feared although jandri 2 got a bit backed up today because the glaciers chair was out of service from mid station. Had some nice runs on the glacier and round signal today, from 2ish the main runs back to toura and cretes degrade. Ventured around fee yesterday, top is ok, bottom is horrendous (too many stones to avoid) - there's a sign warning people off at the top of one of the reds but it's the bottom section where the trouble lies. Can imagine it's also icy as hell in the morning. Skiable but the bottom section is just an exercise in avoiding hundreds of pebbles.

Other than that the sun is nice and winds lighter today, not that the balmy conditions are helping the snow! We were told the lifts are opening early (8.30am) this week to help with queues, but not got there before 9 yet so can't confirm. Lift passes are slightly discounted at the moment.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@belette, Signal's a nice area. When I have been in LDA, Signal's not been busy (possibly because it doesn't go anywhere?).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@belette thanks for the update - sounds like a big Scottish resort so not as bad as I was expecting!!

Do you know how much of a discount it is? We're out from Sunday so don't know whether to get the TRIBE passes online or just wait til we get to the resort.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
At the moment it's 210 EUR instead of 231 for the 6 days and also minor discounts on shorter passes. They are only advertising that for this week though so it's probably a case of see how it goes with the snow - possibly something looming for next weekend.

Was sitting out at 1pm with no jacket and gloves at 3200m today so still some improvement on general Scottish conditions wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Kingofthec, the Tribu passes will be cheaper - discount on those is quite generous. And with snow predicted for the weekend and next week being peak holiday, I predict they'll put everything back up to full price.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah cheers thanks for the tip @Lizzard!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NEIGE NEIGE NEIGE!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Over 20cm in the valley from what I can see from the comfort of the sofa, and no sign of it stopping either. This is all the update you're going to get today though, as it's the busiest changeover of the season, the roads will be utter carnage and I'm going nowhere. If you're driving up to resort, put your chains on AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL. Do not wait until you have slid to a stop across the road half way up and then start looking at the instruction leaflet. If you get stuck in Bourg d'Oisans I will give you tea and Christmas cake if you ask nicely.
snow report
Everything closed above Cretes - presumably for avalanche control since they're only posting wind at 54kph, which doesn't usually close everything. Demoiselles is now open where it was mud yesterday, which gives you an idea of how much has fallen since it started at 05:00.
snow conditions
Opening Vallee Blanche today! Late opening over most of the resort following yesterday's weather, most lifts closed until 10:00 or 11:00. Lots of blasting going on.
snow report
Lizzard -
any idea what the roads are like? I'm due to get a Bens Bus transfer from Grenoble to LDA this evening and I'm hoping that
1) there will be a transfer bus and
2) we get a reasonable length transfer to resort
Any info gratefully received
ski holidays
I was in L2A last night. I would say snow chains or snow tyres still required to get around resort.
snow report
@honeybadger, the roads are clear, there's no need for chains either on the access or in resort and there is no more than usual traffic.
ski holidays
Just spending my coffee break having a look at the webcams.

Crikey it looks busy.

Although I'll gladly take busy and skiing over empty and hillwalking Very Happy

Can someone "@Lizzard, " please tell me that when me and her arrive on the 10th then the place will be deserted again snowHead snowHead

PS. Nice to see some of the cannons still working Very Happy
ski holidays
@kiteman69, no. Everyone is going to stay there just to upset you. Smile
latest report
Quote:

Can someone "@Lizzard, " please tell me that when me and her arrive on the 10th then the place will be deserted again

Yes it will, thank God - they will all bog off on Saturday. I swear I spent two hours in queues for about half an hour's boarding yesterday. Evil or Very Mad

Thursday morning will be perfect though, as long as you make sure to leg it off the hill as soon as the first wave of drunks appears.
snow report
@Lizzard, you make me laugh. Do you still get loadsa Italian lads on the sauce in LDA on NYE like what you (allegedly) used to?
latest report
@dobby, probably. I will be in bed in Bourg d'Oisans though, so unable to provide a first hand report.
snow report
Cheers fellas
latest report
Any idea how to get from Oz en Oisans to L2A?
ski holidays
@LeFou, drive back down to the main road, go past Bourg d'Oisans and follow the signs. Turn off to Venosc if you want to leave the car in the valley and get the cable car up to resort.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
if only i had a car Sad any public transport links?
ski holidays
Not really, no.
ski holidays
Can you do something workable by bus (changing at Bourg)?

http://www.transisere.fr/ftp/FR_Lignes/FH%203010.pdf

http://www.transisere.fr/ftp/FR_Lignes/FH%203020-3030-3040-3050-3070.pdf

although I suspect the Oz stop is in the village rather than the station. Lizzard would know better than me.
ski holidays
You'd get about half an hour's skiing in 2Alpes before you had to go home again. Seriously, let it lie.
ski holidays
I've actually got a week booked there, but thanks for the help Claude, I'm getting a lift to Bourg d'Oisans and a bus from there.
snow conditions
Latest snow report thingy: http://www.2alpesnet.com/snow/
ski holidays
Cheers @Lizzard.

Are the beginner runs in the valley open?

We booked a hotel specifically as it was ski in/out and was ideal for my wife to just pootle about on
ski holidays
@kiteman69, if it is any help, the FR language version of the L2A website seems to suggest that quite a few of the green runs in the valley are open. Great place to learn, and can always go up to the Cretes area for longer runs. Hope you enjoy L2A. Bit of a marmite resort, but I love it.
ski holidays
Hey All,

Anyone in 2Alpes at the moment? We're looking at going 24th Jan. £381 - worth it? Much open?
latest report
Nine runs on the Bas des Pistes posted as open today. Lift/piste openings in real time here: http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=deux-alpes&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=fr

@kiteman69, it's going to start getting icy at the bottom - better pootling to be had on the glacier, I suggest.
latest report
Haha, @Lizzard, are you saying "The best snow is at the top". SCGB needs a snow report you know. Laughing
latest report
Cheers chaps

Are there any normal toes up there, (or even better chairs), or are they all T bars?

(Even I'm not a fan of those so I can't think Mrs K will be too happy)

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 3-01-15 18:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy